Twitter: Martellus Bennett pays tribute to Jason Witten

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Nice move by MartyB here.
Not sure why so many folks have issues with:
A. His obvious annoyance at being drafted so high to be stuck behind a Pro Bowl regular as a blocking TE.
B. His annoyance Witten wanted every rep and snap possible which effected his own development and salary.
C. His respect and understanding once he separated from Witten and had to be the man going 110% all the time, fighting for each year's salary.

GMO415

Reaction score
Nice for him to say.

So much went wrong from Marty B being drafted on this team:

Garrett family didn't use Marry B to his potential and Witt stayed too damn long.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Be a lot cooler if he did
Oh, yeah?
You want that low intellect athlete to smoke weed and someday embark on a 4-state crime spree? And like I previously said, in my case, playing the piano very fast with a devilish look on me face?
There is a reason they call the substance Satan's Helper, matey!
Nothing good comes of it, only marijuana needles, crime, stealing from granny, addiction and eating a large package of Oreos at 4 a.m.!:angry:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hypocrisy is another word for somebody who's just changed their mind.
Yeah..

We are all hypocrites here according to that definition.

Not that I mind.

I think most of us just have to accept for the most part that whatever we think or read is filtered thru layers of media and not pure info.

I mean we watch but so often what we see is not really as it seems.

By that I mean let's say we see what we think is defensive holding only for the ref not to call it and we get all bent out of shape over it.

But no ref called it because it does not meet all the key ingredients to make the call..

ball was uncatchable.. contact was made within 5 yds of LOS..whatever.

No call. We watch the replay and clearly see the holding but the call stands.

We all ***** for a week.

So now we have to hold up the game..wait for the replay on the sidelines and wait for NY to rule on it..

in the end..no interference.

Same with fumbles and sideline catches. whatever.

The game has turned into a debate not a sport.

Yikes.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marty said he hated Witt lol
Martellus was in his early 20s when he dissed Witt. Most people grow up a lot after their 20s. I’ve said things as a young man I look back on and realize I didn’t know half as much as I thought I did. That’s life. It can teach us a lot if we’re open to learn. Or it can also harden someone who’s closed to growth. Sounds like Martellius is growing and learning.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Martellus was in his early 20s when he dissed Witt. Most people grow up a lot after their 20s. I’ve said things as a young man I look back on and realize I didn’t know half as much as I thought I did. That’s life. It can teach us a lot if we’re open to learn. Or it can also harden someone who’s closed to growth. Sounds like Martellius is growing and learning.
Also, I'm sure he heard a lot of differing opinions in response to his dissing that made him rethink his position.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Oh, yeah?
You want that low intellect athlete to smoke weed and someday embark on a 4-state crime spree? And like I previously said, in my case, playing the piano very fast with a devilish look on me face?
Nothing good comes of it, only marijuana needles, crime, stealing from granny, addiction and eating a large package of Oreos at 4 a.m.!:angry:
this isn't 1937 anymore

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, yeah?
"Low intellect"? He was terrible in the broadcast booth, but he's far from "low intellect". Granted, after a couple hits off a joint, most people are, but they usually get it back once they come down.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Oh, yeah?

I know of this one guy whose pot-addled brain affects a British persona on a football chat site.