Martin contract getting closer but not official until contract details are released

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The fact was Leary missed only one or two games during his time in Dallas. Injury was never a concern for me because he performed well consistently when given the opportunity.

We are finally in the clear, after at least 5 or 6 years of poor cap management by restructuring deals every off season to bring in costly over paid free agents. The front office is finally starting to get it. If only a few members on here would as well.

Well, and I think that's where this deal for Martin comes in. I think that extending Martin's contract is something that we had to do. As for DLaw, you probably know by now why I'm not dreadfully concerned about his status.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Some of our fans are easily satisfied.

Was Martin here last season? Was this OL dominate enough? I guess different people got different opinions. Signing Martin is great, but in reality this effort is prevent this OL from getting worse, while the entire team need some serious upgrade.

I don't understand the cheering either, if you are not Martin.

Yeah I always get a laugh at fans celebrating a huge contract. Like they're proud of it.

I dont mean retaining the player. Thats understandable but paying the player big money. They love it. Even though every dollar he gets effects the team.

I hope Martin's agent makes some sort of error and he's contractually committed to the Cowboys for the rest of his career at a number people laugh at. I want a pissed off NFLPA wondering how this happened.

It's about the logo and laundry. Never the player.

Go Zack Martin Cowboys.

conner01

Reaction score

Was Martin here last season? Was this OL dominate enough? I guess different people got different opinions. Signing Martin is great, but in reality this effort is prevent this OL from getting worse, while the entire team need some serious upgrade.

I think we did upgrade the oline with much better backups and a guard who I think will develope into a very good player

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Everytime I check this forum I have a new reply from you. Just take the L and move on.

This is my final message
Take your own advice

You racked more Ls in this thread than the CLE Browns

DAL SAVED 34m cutting Romo and 25m cutting Dez against the cap AFTER including the Dead Money

We are 14m under the cap with 26m in Dead Money and DLaw with a cap hit of 17m and ZMartin with a cap hit of 9.3m.......... please point to the problem

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You have to make moves. We pretty much stand pat with who we draft and it hasn't worked. This team is a charitable donation from Philly away from being 8-8. We've seen Denver build a defense around Von Miller in one off season and then go on to win a super bowl. The Eagles traded away really good players and brough tin fresh talent to get to where they are............The Pats are constantly churning their roster and trading away players in their prime. Standing pat with what you got and not cashing in a chip every once in a while doesn't work.
I didn’t know they played football on Mars. Sounds a lot different than here on Earth.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Up and coming means one thing, they haven't proved jack crap yet and may never prove anything. I remember when Mo was up and coming, how Byron Jones is still up and coming, those were our high picks. So I'm supposed to believe these middle of the pack hope and prayers are supposed to make our D elite? Hey man keep waving the company flag and believing in that pipe dream that's brought us 21 years of mediocrity, while the other teams are building real defenses to blow through our elite O-line and intercept our "elite" QB.
The only time Mo was up and coming was before his first NFL game.

CWR

Reaction score

I expect a return to form this year. The problem last year was injuries and a complete lack of depth. Martin will continue to be Martin, but this time when Smith goes down we dont have to turn to Chaz Green. Collins should also be better with a year of experience at RT.

I think we will look alot more like 2016 than 2017 and that is a HUGE improvement.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Welp the last 7 paged were enlightening. Might have to add a couple of folks to the ignore list now.o_O

Can we please spell “u” the right way? :huh:

Flamma

Reaction score
So are you for or against or just covering all bases?

This is a tough one. Of course I want to keep the player. But there are limits as to how much I would pay a Guard due to diminishing returns.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The only time Mo was up and coming was before his first NFL game.
More positivity oozing from the hater police chief. I can tell you really love this team. We should all strive to be such a great fan like you.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Was this OL dominant?

Did Zack Martin dominate the competition?