Martin for Thomas

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Would ya?

Seattle tried Joeckel at guard and it didn't work out. They just signed Flucker, but have virtually no one else.

Money wise it would work.

Do you do that trade?
Are you on heroin?
Martin single handedly changed the fortunes of the team. He turned Murray into a 1800 yard back and helped us win 13 games. Since drafting him, Because of him our line was so good that Zeke wanted to come here. We drafted him. He was so good that a 4 th round qb made the pro bowl as a rookie. He's also durable. he's also the best at his position. He's also younger than 28.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Are you on heroin?
Martin single handedly changed the fortunes of the team. He turned Murray into a 1800 yard back and helped us win 13 games. Since drafting him, Because of him our line was so good that Zeke wanted to come here. We drafted him. He was so good that a 4 th round qb made the pro bowl as a rookie. He's also durable. he's also the best at his position. He's also younger than 28.
Just being practical. And I'm not calling the guy a bum. Getting a future HOF safety and a couple higher round picks.

Sheesh.

Rayman70

Reaction score
TWILL AND A 3RD rd. pick for Thomas. I'm not trading away the best guard in the league for a 29 year old safety...NO WAY.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
TWILL AND A 3RD rd. pick for Thomas. I'm not trading away the best guard in the league for a 29 year old safety...NO WAY.
It's not about him. He's the best guard in the league. It's about NOT having 40% of your cap locked up with 5 offensive lineman. The NFL average is around 17% for 10-13.

Many teams have a top guy, maybe two. But not THE top guy.

Smith is the 5th top paid LT (average contract dollars)
Collins is 3rd for RT
Fred is 4th for Center
Martin is currently 9th with his fifth year option number. But will be 1st

That will be 4 of our 5 in the top 5

We are paying a little more for our 6 lineman than the next highest is paying for 13 (Atlanta). And that is without us even having a starting guard yet.

This is not sustainable. End of story.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Heck no. Zach is th best (at his position), plus he's relatively young. Earl still has some juice left to play at a high level, but SEA would need to throw n some draft picks.

Definitely open to trading Zach, but that asking price has to be high.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Heck no. Zach is th best (at his position), plus he's relatively young. Earl still has some juice left to play at a high level, but SEA would need to throw n some draft picks.

Definitely open to trading Zach, but that asking price has to be high.
I was thinking a 4th this year and a 2nd next, maybe a third.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just tell me this is an early April Fool's joke.

Thomas is ancient for a DB, and is starting to have some injuries. I mean, do people just not pay attention

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Just tell me this is an early April Fool's joke.

Thomas is ancient for a DB, and is starting to have some injuries. I mean, do people just not pay attention
He had a broken leg and a hammie I think. He's hardly a broken down old man. At least 3 great years left in the tank. And he is a HOF caliber player.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Just being practical. And I'm not calling the guy a bum. Getting a future HOF safety and a couple higher round picks.

Sheesh.

Its not practical, its just plain stupidity, trade away an All Pro OG one of the top two OG currently in the NFL thus weakining our OL and then draft not 1 but 2 OG in the draft this year and have both players start, and you hope that both players will not destabalise the OL. Where is the practicallity in this ?

This is how good Martin is
DZCiEkZXUAAq-Pz.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
Its not practical, its just plain stupidity, trade away an All Pro OG one of the top two OG currently in the NFL thus weakining our OL and then draft not 1 but 2 OG in the draft this year and have both players start, and you hope that both players will not destabalise the OL. Where is the practicallity in this ?

DZCiEkZXUAAq-Pz.jpg
YAY...lets take MAYBE the top olineman in the NFL and trade him...yup...that's the ticket...Lets take the alpha male,the other being Fred Beard, AND dump his salary...hence dumping/trading the best player we have up front. MAKES TONS OF LOGIC. LOL...Wow...SOME PEOPLE must be living in the world of Fantasy Football where o lineman don't matter. IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. We will find a way to sign him. I think we are working on Dez and or TWILL trades...freeing up cap space. Its still march,so we have time.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

DZCiEkZXUAAq-Pz.jpg

" The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people."
Stephen Hawking

RIP

Otto65

Reaction score
I would never trade Martin for Thomas. I would trade D. Lawrence for Thomas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. The bigger,nastier the oline and dline upfront,the more likely you are to see success. Its football 101.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Look at Seattle as a cautionary tale. They have a depleted oline over the last 2-3 years...and whats the end result? A couple decent years....but they can't run the ball with consistency and Wilson was running around for his life. They traded away their best olineman..a center..A STARTER IN FACT, for a skill position TE...in Jimmy Graham. How did that work out for Seattle? I would say the Saints got the better end of that deal. Got to have the hogs up front or you aint winning much.

kskboys

Reaction score
He had a broken leg and a hammie I think. He's hardly a broken down old man. At least 3 great years left in the tank. And he is a HOF caliber player.
It is impossible to judge this. And w/ DB's, who often fall off a table around 30, he may not even have one. You don't know and I don't either, but what we do know is that DB's mostly have shorter careers, being done around 30. So, a statement such as this is simply not true!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
It is impossible to judge this. And w/ DB's, who often fall off a table around 30, he may not even have one. You don't know and I don't either, but what we do know is that DB's mostly have shorter careers, being done around 30. So, a statement such as this is simply not true!!!
That reason you just gave is EXACTLY why you NEVER EVER trade away a key cog of your oline away..NO WAY. A stud like Martin doesn't come around but every 4-5 years or so.