Marvel Unveils Films Through 2019 Including 'Dr. Strange,' 'Black Panther' And 'Captain Marvel'

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothy...-dr-strange-black-panther-and-captain-marvel/

Marvel Unveils Films Through 2019 Including 'Dr. Strange,' 'Black Panther' And 'Captain Marvel'

Marvel now has its pipeline full through 2019. At a fan event in Hollywood today, the Disney-owned studio unveiled the third phase of the Marvel universe which will include two Avengers movies, Dr. Strange and The Inhumans. Marvel’s films have already earned $7 billion at the global box office.

The Marvel film world is also about to get a lot more diverse. For the first time an African American hero will headline a film with Black Panther which hits theaters November 3, 2017. And finally, a female superhero movie from Marvel is in the pipeline. Captain Marvel will debut May 4, 2018. Although the character has had many incarnations in the Marvel comic book world, on screen she will be Carol Danvers.

Fans lined up for hours outside of Disney’s El Capitan theater in Hollywood Tuesday morning for the super secret Marvel event. Many speculated that the event would cement the new Marvel films which until now have just been dates on the calendar.

Warner Bros. made a similar move last week when it committed to movies based on the D.C. world through 2020 including two Justice League movies and stand alone films starring Aquaman and The Flash.

Feige said the plan was to unveil the line-up at Comic Con last summer but there wasn’t enough in place which is why they waited until today to make the announcement.

One of the films Warner Bros. announced was Wonder Woman. Now Marvel can show that it too is listening to fans who have long demanded a female-led superhero movies.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I had just placed the this in the Avengers trailer thread... guess I will put it here....

Marvel Studios—2015 to 2019
Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 1, 2015
Ant-Man - July 17, 2015
Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - July 28, 2017
Black Panther - November 3, 2017 (starring Chadwick Boseman)
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - May 4, 2018
Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018
Inhumans - November 2, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 3, 2019

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Wow, they are making a Black Panther standalone? Can't say I saw that one coming, but then again, they are also doing Ant-Man.

There's been a darth of racial diversity in a lot of Marvel Stuff, especially since they are resistant to flipping the races of characters with the exception of Nick Fury (I'm not saying they should, but it doesn't bring up a lot of opportunity to get diversity in this stuff if they don't).

Samuel L Jackson breaks all barriers, only guy in the business that can make follow 1 good movie with 5 crap movies and no one cares.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Wow, they are making a Black Panther standalone? Can't say I saw that one coming, but then again, they are also doing Ant-Man.

There's been a darth of racial diversity in a lot of Marvel Stuff, especially since they are resistant to flipping the races of characters with the exception of Nick Fury (I'm not saying they should, but it doesn't bring up a lot of opportunity to get diversity in this stuff if they don't).

Samuel L Jackson breaks all barriers, only guy in the business that can make follow 1 good movie with 5 crap movies and no one cares.

They were talking black panther way back when Wesley Snipes was hot, so I'm not surprised.
Ant-Man will be the comic relief... Paul Rudd & Adam McKay.... has to be... and I guess they kinda had to touch on Hank Pym.

Robert DeNiro does whatever movie he wants these days as well... the yin to Sam Jack's yang.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
DC's upcoming roster..... looking forward to Shazam & Black Adam

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the Suicide Squad movie (the studio is said to be in discussions with four A-list stars for the parts).

Wonder Woman and Justice League Part 1, directed by Zack Snyder

The Flash and Aquaman

Shazam with Dwayne Johnson (as Black Adam) and Justice League 2

Cyborg and Green Lantern

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ms Captain Marvel movie, rip off.

DC's Shazam. That I'll watch.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Sorry to go off topic, because I know this is Marvel....
but I really hope DC has learned from that last Green Lantern fiasco....

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
They were talking black panther way back when Wesley Snipes was hot, so I'm not surprised.
Ant-Man will be the comic relief... Paul Rudd & Adam McKay.... has to be... and I guess they kinda had to touch on Hank Pym.

Robert DeNiro does whatever movie he wants these days as well... the yin to Sam Jack's yang.

Yeah, I guess that's true with DeNiro. I guess if you establish how bad a** you are early in your career, you can do whatever the hell you want later.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Rip off, yet Shazam is a rip off of Superman.

Yes.

But it's Captain Marvel with lipstick. Can't believe people can't create original women superheroes. We also have SheHulk, Spiderwoman, etc. I heard the new Batman-Superman movie is gonna have a female Robin.

joseephuss

Reaction score

At one time there was a lot of talk about a Power Man movie. I guess that never panned out.

CashMan

Reaction score
Yes.

But it's Captain Marvel with lipstick. Can't believe people can't create original women superheroes. We also have SheHulk, Spiderwoman, etc. I heard the new Batman-Superman movie is gonna have a female Robin.

Let me see, if I understand, I am a tad confused.

You claim, Ms. Marvel is a rip off of Shazam, which I told you was a rip off of Superman. Then you are saying, Ms. Marvel is a rip off, of Captain Marvel(Marvel)?

IF that is the case, you can claim the same about Batgirl, Supergirl, Superboy, Spiderwoman, SheHulk, ect ect.

CashMan

Reaction score
I can not say, I know too much about InHumans. I have to say, I personally am interested in Black Panther, but I have a feeling, it is going to be like a Hulk movie, where it will not be successful as a stand alone, and will need to be apart of something, IE The Avengers, to be successful. But then again, Disney made Guardians of a Galaxy, which didn't seem like a widely popular thing before the movie, popular.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had just placed the this in the Avengers trailer thread... guess I will put it here....

Marvel Studios—2015 to 2019
Avengers: Age of Ultron
- May 1, 2015
Ant-Man - July 17, 2015
Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - July 28, 2017
Black Panther - November 3, 2017 (starring Chadwick Boseman)
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - May 4, 2018
Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018
Inhumans - November 2, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 3, 2019

In looking at the size and scope of the third Avengers movie, I thought that it would ultimately turn into a two-parter.

At that point, they will have so many heroes involved, it couldn't be contained in just one film.

The only curve ball they threw me was that there isn't a Hulk film.

I expected a Planet Hulk movie.

Phoenix

Reaction score
He's getting a series on Netflix. Along with Daredevil, Iron Fist, and a few other "street level" heroes, culminating in a Defenders 12-episode series.

Oooh the Defenders. There's a throwback. They had varying members but let's see...Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver Surfer...did Wanda and/or Vision join them once or twice? I forget who all they were

CashMan

Reaction score
In looking at the size and scope of the third Avengers movie, I thought that it would ultimately turn into a two-parter.

At that point, they will have so many heroes involved, it couldn't be contained in just one film.

Planet Hulk, might be a success, but all of the other stand alone Hulk films, were horrible.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

I wouldn't be surprised if we do... one of those movies may get pushed... I have been hearing rumors about it....