Marvel Unveils Films Through 2019 Including 'Dr. Strange,' 'Black Panther' And 'Captain Marvel'

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
While the plot was tweaked for the movie, Wolverine played an integral part of the original published story decades ago. I do not agree fully in how the studio used Logan for Days of Future Past but omitting him would have been really dumb on Fox's part regardless of future expectations concerning the X-Men franchise.

absolutely..... Days of Future Past story arc was the way to get Logan back in the game....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
absolutely..... Days of Future Past story arc was the way to get Logan back in the game....
Well, it was a way to get Logan further ingrained in the game. :) The movie had Kitty Pryde transfer Logan's mind through time. In the original comics story, Kitty transferred her mind back through time and Logan served as her protector in the deadly future present and mentor in the pre-Sentinel present past. The book's story highlighted how Logan is truly "the best at what he does." He shielded Kitty against an enemy threat like no other mutant or hero could have--just long enough to get the job done.

Omitting Wolverine from the movie would have been a travesty for old comics fans like me. My objection to the movie is how the movie unnecessarily morphed the original story to make Hugh Jackman the film's massive protagonist. In my opinion, Ellen Page is a strong enough actress that her role could have been elevated and Jackman's slight diminished and the original storyline would have made for a good movie.

Of course, Hollywood could not care less about my opinion. As you alluded to earlier, Days of Future Past was a way for Fox to capitalize on the box office success of X-Men: First Class. This objective required almost scraping the original story since Kitty did not exist during the X:FS time frame but Logan did. Practically exorcising Kitty from the story allowed the studio to include the cast of X:FS. It also permitted the psychic time traveling to penetrate another decade back in time--from the early 1980's to the early 1970's. To be honest, I enjoyed seeing the two movie franchise casts interacting--especially Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy as Professor Xavier. However, the movie, while good, fell short of my personal expectations due to all the film's retrofitting.

CashMan

Reaction score
Cute.
Go way off into the dinosaur age group to try and make your point. The regular casual person will know hulk before wolverine. Bring up 1970?... Perfect.... They all saw or know of the hulk.

Yep.

Not overall though...The masses and geeks combined

Ill say this. LOVE me Wolverine, he is my favorite. Obviously, people are going to know who Supes and Batman are, with the films/TV shows early on. Also, more people might know who the Hulk is over Wolverine, because of the TV show, and well.....he is big and green.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothy...-dr-strange-black-panther-and-captain-marvel/

Marvel Unveils Films Through 2019 Including 'Dr. Strange,' 'Black Panther' And 'Captain Marvel'

Marvel now has its pipeline full through 2019. At a fan event in Hollywood today, the Disney-owned studio unveiled the third phase of the Marvel universe which will include two Avengers movies, Dr. Strange and The Inhumans. Marvel’s films have already earned $7 billion at the global box office.

The Marvel film world is also about to get a lot more diverse. For the first time an African American hero will headline a film with Black Panther which hits theaters November 3, 2017. And finally, a female superhero movie from Marvel is in the pipeline. Captain Marvel will debut May 4, 2018. Although the character has had many incarnations in the Marvel comic book world, on screen she will be Carol Danvers.

Fans lined up for hours outside of Disney’s El Capitan theater in Hollywood Tuesday morning for the super secret Marvel event. Many speculated that the event would cement the new Marvel films which until now have just been dates on the calendar.

Warner Bros. made a similar move last week when it committed to movies based on the D.C. world through 2020 including two Justice League movies and stand alone films starring Aquaman and The Flash.

Feige said the plan was to unveil the line-up at Comic Con last summer but there wasn’t enough in place which is why they waited until today to make the announcement.

One of the films Warner Bros. announced was Wonder Woman. Now Marvel can show that it too is listening to fans who have long demanded a female-led superhero movies.

I have read that Katie Sackoff (Sp?) who played Starbuck on BSG is up for the role of Captian Marvel now that the idiots at A&E cancelled Longmire.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ill say this. LOVE me Wolverine, he is my favorite. Obviously, people are going to know who Supes and Batman are, with the films/TV shows early on. Also, more people might know who the Hulk is over Wolverine, because of the TV show, and well.....he is big and green.

That's cool man. We all have our favorites ;-)

But popular and favorite isn't always the same.

I have read that Katie Sackoff (Sp?) who played Starbuck on BSG is up for the role of Captian Marvel now that the idiots at A&E cancelled Longmire.

I love her. Sign her up.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Can't say that Ritter impresses me. I don't see her as a comic book hero.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23762/krysten_ritter_to_star_in_marvels_aka_jessica_jones

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that Krysten Ritter will star in "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015 following "Marvel's Daredevil."

Krysten Ritter to star as Jessica Jones
(photo by Getty Images)
Ritter will play Jessica Jones, first introduced in writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Michael Gaydos' classic ALIAS comic series. After a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/23762/krysten_ritter_to_star_in_marvels_aka_jessica_jones#ixzz3LLIwTc5s

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Can't say that Ritter impresses me. I don't see her as a comic book hero.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23762/krysten_ritter_to_star_in_marvels_aka_jessica_jones

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that Krysten Ritter will star in "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015 following "Marvel's Daredevil."

Krysten Ritter to star as Jessica Jones
(photo by Getty Images)
Ritter will play Jessica Jones, first introduced in writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Michael Gaydos' classic ALIAS comic series. After a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/23762/krysten_ritter_to_star_in_marvels_aka_jessica_jones#ixzz3LLIwTc5s

"What??!!! They got everyone wearing a cape now!"
Birdman-Michael-Keaton.png

visionary

Reaction score
He's getting a series on Netflix. Along with Daredevil, Iron Fist, and a few other "street level" heroes, culminating in a Defenders 12-episode series.

the Defenders were my second favorite group (behind X men) but those were Dr. Strange, Namor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk among others culminating in the epic Evil Eye series

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the Defenders were my second favorite group (behind X men) but those were Dr. Strange, Namor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk among others culminating in the epic Evil Eye series

Wasn't there some kind of a special 'spell' or some sort of requirement with that group?

I was always an Avengers guy, even when everything had to have an 'X' on it, so this fan in is his glory right now.

Everybody is 'catching up' with what I already knew!

:thumbup:

visionary

Reaction score
Wasn't there some kind of a special 'spell' or some sort of requirement with that group?

I was always an Avengers guy, even when everything had to have an 'X' on it, so this fan in is his glory right now.

Everybody is 'catching up' with what I already knew!

:thumbup:

Don't get me wrong, loved the avengers too but I have always been a fan of 'misfits' hence my favorites on the avengers were always iron man, vision and hawkeye. This is why I like x men and defenders more.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I know this isn't Marvel, but we Discussed release dates for Marvel and DC in this thread... some may find this interesting...

Could Batman/Superman debut in 2015 instead of 2016?
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/batman-v-s...-trailer-reveal-new-2015-release-date-1478556

Yeah it seems like they are moving it along.

Seems rushed, but if they find a way to pump these out faster, while still being good, I am ok with it :)

Who knows, maybe churning them out faster, will result in more "comic book suspend your disbelief" quality movie. Not everything has to be dark and epic.