News: Marvin Austin still has a way to go as a player

Aven8

Reaction score
How is he not in football shape when he was with the Dolphins until October 15th?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
How is he not in football shape when he was with the Dolphins until October 15th?

It's not football shape. It's stamina, which a lot of 300+ DTs have trouble with. I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks in this system and gets his weight down to 300.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Wow quick to jump the gun... Austin hasn't played much football, he needs to get in game shape.

Hardline

Reaction score
The risk to reward ratio makes this signing worth it. If he doesnt work out just cut him and have a new guy taking up his locker. No Biggie.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
At least he has the right attitude.

Talk is cheap...........Dez used to talk the talk but he didn't arrive till he walked the walk. I hope this guy understands that and puts in the hard work too.

sacase

Reaction score
Man some of ya'll just want this team and players to fail. I don't know how you can take a negative spin on that interview unless you are trying to our damnedest to look for something negative.

Dude basically said that he is not used to how the Cowboys practice and he has to get in better shape to feel comfortable practicing at that pace. That should tell volumes about this coaching staff and the intensity they have our guys working at in practice! He has the right attitude and appears to be up to the challenge.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

I'm glad to hear he doesn't think he's in football shape.

That means our standard of football shape is more demanding than other teams.

Well done Rod M

OhSnap

Reaction score
Maybe he can be ready in time for the Giants. Maybe he's late for some workouts and is working as a bouncer in December.