Mass exodus of NFL refs & officials

Mannix

Reaction score
I never saw the knee down. If you think he probably scored I'm not sure why you insist on giving them an out.

No you couldn't see the ball, but simple anatomy/physics whatever you want to call it, would demomstrate a ball carrier laying in the endzone with the ball, had to take it with him.

You can absolutely get screwed on calls all day and still catch a break in the end. It doesn't change the fact the game wouldn't have been close if called correctly.
Half of Dak’s torso was over the goal line after the pile got off him….that is called a TD with 31 other teams….the refs look for anything they can to kick Dallas in the balls. You “couldn’t see his knee” so you call him short? Since when is this a determination for what point the ball reaches? HALF his body ended up across the goal line…and they are looking for reasons to take a TD away…what do you expect though when everyone associated with the NFL knows that The Goon despises Booger, so they too have cart blanche to do whatever they want as well with zero repercussions.

Last edited:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
GOOD!!!

IM TIRED OF THE REFS ALWAYS MAKING BAD CALLS AGAINST US, while making 100% correct calls against all the other teams!!!!

Somebody told me once, that I just NOTICE the bad calls against us more because I'm intently watching all our games and not doing that for other teams.

RUBBISH! THEY'RE OUT TO GET US!!! If not for the refs.... I imagine we'd have 20 or 30 championships by now. I HATE it when we are on the losing end of a bad call! (It's pretty funny when it happens to eagles and 9ers though!!! HA HA HA)

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Half of Dak’s torso was over the goal line after the pile got off him….that is called a TD with 31 other teams….the refs look for anything they can to kick Dallas in the balls. You “couldn’t see his knee” so you call him short? Since when is this a determination for what point the ball reaches? HALF his body ended up across the goal line…and they are looking for reasons to take a TD away…what do you expect though when everyone associated with the NFL knows that The Goon despises Booger, so they too have cart blanche to do whatever they want as well with zero repercussions.
Yep...the refs cost us anywhere from 3 to 21 points a game....EVERY game.

A lot of people think we're stupid because we actually think the NFL is out to get us, and don't realize that fans from EVERY team think their team is always getting screwed by the refs...

But those people don't know what their talking about because they are moroons.... and probably not even high school graduates like I bet at least half of us are.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I'd be the best ref Cowboys fans could hope for seeing as a whole lot of folks around here say they "just want a fairly called game." Well, that's exactly what I'd give them. I'm sure I'd be well-liked 'round here for giving the people what they want, right?
hmmmph ! you are ripe with bias and would be full of bad calls trying to prove you are "fair". Your biases are just different and not in a fair way, you tip away from the 'Boys in an effort to show you're impartiality.

This is not you:
3716c7e58e1ec054548464772c7ca4b0.jpg

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
hmmmph ! you are ripe with bias and would be full of bad calls trying to prove you are "fair". Your biases are just different and not in a fair way, you tip away from the 'Boys in an effort to show you're impartiality.

This is not you:
3716c7e58e1ec054548464772c7ca4b0.jpg
Wrong, bro. Y'all just don't like plain truth. You want your own truth. Slant all day, all night. It's so commonplace that there's no shame in it anymore. Some still call 'em like they see 'em though, even if not what they hope for.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I never saw the knee down. If you think he probably scored I'm not sure why you insist on giving them an out.

No you couldn't see the ball, but simple anatomy/physics whatever you want to call it, would demomstrate a ball carrier laying in the endzone with the ball, had to take it with him.

You can absolutely get screwed on calls all day and still catch a break in the end. It doesn't change the fact the game wouldn't have been close if called correctly.
Well as I said back when that play happened, you'd need to know what the procedures are for calling goal line plays because if they're taught that you need to see the ball cross with the runner up, then seeing the ball was impossible with the goal line angles from the sideline. Below is the video of the play. Dak is touched by multiple Patriots defenders and then watch his left knee come down under the weight of everyone (and he goes down at an angle, NOT straight into the end zone like he attempted). This makes him down by contact, yes? He also tripped over Biadasz so he couldn't drive forward. His knee clearly comes down outside the goal line and his other leg is even further behind him (his right foot is behind the 1 yard line). Those are 4 separate things working against him when you review all the video. From the sideline view, I created a still shot of that same left knee touching down. At this point, you can't see the ball but the official staring down the line can see this knee down otherwise I wouldn't have been able to create this pic from the video. So this is what I mean by I can understand why it might not have been called, especially if they're taught to have positive visual evidence of the ball crossing before being down. If the knee touches on the goal line, then maybe they assume. Behind it, you have at least some doubt, especially since he got moved off his path straight ahead to an angle partially parallel to the line. This is all logic here, is it not?

Either way, you still fail to address the simplest explanation for all the penalties that maybe Dallas is just an undisciplined team. You need only consider all the false starts and illegal motions that are clear and obvious. The first SF playoff game a few years back was a great example of this where people tried to cry foul. So because we had 12 penalties, does every team that has 10+ penalties in a game have an agenda against them or just Dallas? Again, address the Zack Martin phenomenon. If officials call bogus penalties anyway, what does it matter whether it's Zack or not? Back to this game, if Dallas was getting hosed, why would they call back a Pats TD that would have made it 21-7 to help bury Dallas? And there was a decided agenda but they also let Dallas "catch a break" at the very end to help them win? Doesn't make sense. These excuses never do. They're just creations to help soften a loss or a tough game fans didn't want to sweat through because they want easy wins. We aren't dominant that way so people get inventive as to why we aren't and thus CONSPIRACY! happens. No bad blood from me to those that want to believe that but just my anti-whine observation.

Bentley-Dak-G2.gif

Dak-knee.jpg

Toro9

Reaction score
Maybe it's a 'Resign or have a termination on your resume' situation. Hopefully.

conner01

Reaction score
You’ll never get rid of all the mistakes… But there’s just too many mistakes out there… penalizing mistakes will reduce mistakes…
I think they have to do better and they do have some penalties like not being in playoff games which is pretty big
I would definitely penalize for getting rules wrong but not sure penalizing for not calling or calling a penalty is practical since they can’t possibly see every penalty and when things happen as fast as they do in football you are gonna be wrong sometimes
You can’t review every call but I think PI and roughing passer should be looked at upstairs. It takes a matter of seconds. These are huge plays and they blew several roughing calls last year that was very obviously not roughing
I get protecting the QB but some of those calls were just wrong and very obvious on replay

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Wrong, bro. Y'all just don't like plain truth. You want your own truth. Slant all day, all night. It's so commonplace that there's no shame in it anymore. Some still call 'em like they see 'em though, even if not what they hope for.
Everyone's perception are, well, "theirs". All you're saying is you're always right while those you don't agree with stating their perceptions are always wrong.. That's a high degree of arrogance right there brother Cowboy fan! Self examination is ALWAYS a good thang!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Lol, we got screwed most of this game. You use this as an example but the only reason it was even close was miserable officiating.
Plus he presumes that I think the Cowboys never commit penalties, and that every call against Dallas is wrong. He presumes this because of his own bias to the other extreme where every call against Dallas is correct.

Reactions: CWR

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Everyone's perception are, well, "theirs". All you're saying is you're always right while those you don't agree with stating their perceptions are always wrong.. That's a high degree of arrogance right there brother Cowboy fan! Self examination is ALWAYS a good thang!!
But I'm not saying I'm always right. That's what you're perceiving my approach is. This is a message board. It's all opinion on here unless we can point to some stat or something that we all know is true. But when I give an opinion I stack it full of support. Did you read that message above to CWR? I mean, was that not a masterpiece of an opinion? Lol. And this is on a play where I've repeatedly stated that I think Dak probably did score. The opinion though is that I can see why they might not have called it a score and stacked it with evidence why. Do you think that's a better approach than "we wuz robbed" with nothing to support it other than that person didn't think it was a penalty, etc.? So that's why I'm super confident in the opinions I spout because I come with support and the opposition is often, "because I think so." Then when I press for actual support they get mad probably because it looks bad to the public here that they have no actual support for their claims in the face of what I post but dang sure aren't going to reverse course. So who wouldn't think they're right if that's the response? But I tell you, for all I write, I most certainly could be wrong once or twice a decade.

CWR

Reaction score
Well as I said back when that play happened, you'd need to know what the procedures are for calling goal line plays because if they're taught that you need to see the ball cross with the runner up, then seeing the ball was impossible with the goal line angles from the sideline. Below is the video of the play. Dak is touched by multiple Patriots defenders and then watch his left knee come down under the weight of everyone (and he goes down at an angle, NOT straight into the end zone like he attempted). This makes him down by contact, yes? He also tripped over Biadasz so he couldn't drive forward. His knee clearly comes down outside the goal line and his other leg is even further behind him (his right foot is behind the 1 yard line). Those are 4 separate things working against him when you review all the video. From the sideline view, I created a still shot of that same left knee touching down. At this point, you can't see the ball but the official staring down the line can see this knee down otherwise I wouldn't have been able to create this pic from the video. So this is what I mean by I can understand why it might not have been called, especially if they're taught to have positive visual evidence of the ball crossing before being down. If the knee touches on the goal line, then maybe they assume. Behind it, you have at least some doubt, especially since he got moved off his path straight ahead to an angle partially parallel to the line. This is all logic here, is it not?

Either way, you still fail to address the simplest explanation for all the penalties that maybe Dallas is just an undisciplined team. You need only consider all the false starts and illegal motions that are clear and obvious. The first SF playoff game a few years back was a great example of this where people tried to cry foul. So because we had 12 penalties, does every team that has 10+ penalties in a game have an agenda against them or just Dallas? Again, address the Zack Martin phenomenon. If officials call bogus penalties anyway, what does it matter whether it's Zack or not? Back to this game, if Dallas was getting hosed, why would they call back a Pats TD that would have made it 21-7 to help bury Dallas? And there was a decided agenda but they also let Dallas "catch a break" at the very end to help them win? Doesn't make sense. These excuses never do. They're just creations to help soften a loss or a tough game fans didn't want to sweat through because they want easy wins. We aren't dominant that way so people get inventive as to why we aren't and thus CONSPIRACY! happens. No bad blood from me to those that want to believe that but just my anti-whine observation.

Bentley-Dak-G2.gif

Dak-knee.jpg

I'n the video it still appears momentum took his upper body in, as far the still frame goes, I'm guessing that's Dak towards the bottom, but have no way to tell. The player outside of him clearly has an 8 on his shoulder pad, so maybe that's Dak inside.

We are operating most likely on two different premises. You are saying they have to see the ball cross the line, and I believe that, but would think you'd also have to see the knee down if going the other way. I don't think the officials could see either. There wasn't likely a good way to determine is his knee went down or he crossed the goalline first.

The only obvious thing anyone could see was Dak laying in the endzone with the ball. So again, simple logic makes it appear to be a touchdown IMO. You've also conceded that point as well. At least you believe he likely got in right?

I didn't actually claim its a conspiracy either. Me saying we got screwed or jobbed or whatever doesn't mean the game is fixed or Goodell is calling the head official on the sideline. It means it was a poorly called game. As to why, that is speculation at best.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'n the video it still appears momentum took his upper body in, as far the still frame goes, I'm guessing that's Dak towards the bottom, but have no way to tell. The player outside of him clearly has an 8 on his shoulder pad, so maybe that's Dak inside.

We are operating most likely on two different premises. You are saying they have to see the ball cross the line, and I believe that, but would think you'd also have to see the knee down if going the other way. I don't think the officials could see either. There wasn't likely a good way to determine is his knee went down or he crossed the goalline first.

The only obvious thing anyone could see was Dak laying in the endzone with the ball. So again, simple logic makes it appear to be a touchdown IMO. You've also conceded that point as well. At least you believe he likely got in right?

I didn't actually claim its a conspiracy either. Me saying we got screwed or jobbed or whatever doesn't mean the game is fixed or Goodell is calling the head official on the sideline. It means it was a poorly called game. As to why, that is speculation at best.
The player with the 8 is Blake Jarwin I think so Dak is inside of him. But that's Dak's knee when you take the 2 separate angles. Left knee down and right foot between Jarwin's feet on the ground behind the 1 yard line with the royal blue sock. Dak is outside of Biadasz who he tripped over so those are his and Jarwin's legs. Again, from the picture, the officials could only see Dak's knee down, otherwise I wouldn't have this picture. So they likely saw that because they station themselves on the LOS on each side where this camera angle came from. So if you can only see the knee down but don't see the ball cross before then, which way is safer to err on? I think that's why they did.

Dak laying in the endzone afterwards doesn't mean anything if his knee was down after being touched. The play stops right there and you gotta figure out where the ball is. Romo mentioned that on the broadcast but none of them saw the knee on that goal line angle. Further, look at the video and where Dak is carrying the ball. It's in his gut just outside his crotch. You can't see where it goes as he gets pushed down but if you see that and see the knee down on the other angle, you could call him down short if you assume the ball was still there the whole way (because his body angle got changed from straight forward to an angle and the knee did come down). And again, I think he probably scored but there is solid logic for calling him short.

Point taken on the conspiracy claim.

CWR

Reaction score
The player with the 8 is Blake Jarwin I think so Dak is inside of him. But that's Dak's knee when you take the 2 separate angles. Left knee down and right foot between Jarwin's feet on the ground behind the 1 yard line with the royal blue sock. Dak is outside of Biadasz who he tripped over so those are his and Jarwin's legs. Again, from the picture, the officials could only see Dak's knee down, otherwise I wouldn't have this picture. So they likely saw that because they station themselves on the LOS on each side where this camera angle came from. So if you can only see the knee down but don't see the ball cross before then, which way is safer to err on? I think that's why they did.

Dak laying in the endzone afterwards doesn't mean anything if his knee was down after being touched. The play stops right there and you gotta figure out where the ball is. Romo mentioned that on the broadcast but none of them saw the knee on that goal line angle. Further, look at the video and where Dak is carrying the ball. It's in his gut just outside his crotch. You can't see where it goes as he gets pushed down but if you see that and see the knee down on the other angle, you could call him down short if you assume the ball was still there the whole way (because his body angle got changed from straight forward to an angle and the knee did come down). And again, I think he probably scored but there is solid logic for calling him short.

Point taken on the conspiracy claim.

I know Dak laying in the endzone is meaningless is you believe his knee was down first.

So is calling him down when you can't see the ball right? Either way you end up with half the picture and a guess as to what happened.

That's why going by where he was when you pulled the pile off makes sense TO ME.

You can argue there is logic either way. I ultimately go with what appeared most likely and how the play concluded. That is clearly a biased fan opinion, but I don't believe it's unreasonable to be upset with the call either.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I know Dak laying in the endzone is meaningless is you believe his knee was down first.

So is calling him down when you can't see the ball right? Either way you end up with half the picture and a guess as to what happened.

That's why going by where he was when you pulled the pile off makes sense TO ME.

You can argue there is logic either way. I ultimately go with what appeared most likely and how the play concluded. That is clearly a biased fan opinion, but I don't believe it's unreasonable to be upset with the call either.
This is why you have to know what officials are taught to look for before calling a play like this a TD. If it's having to see the ball cross, then the right call IS to call him short when you see his knee down short of the goal line but couldn't see the ball anywhere except in his gut before bodies covered him. The laying in the end zone theory has to ignore that the knee down already stopped the play further back. That's why it's meaningless. Because you have to suspend a fact to get there. You said you didn't see Dak's knee down. I showed it to you with a big red arrow taken from the view an official had. He's the one that ran in and spotted him short.

gtb1943

Reaction score
This is why you have to know what officials are taught to look for before calling a play like this a TD. If it's having to see the ball cross, then the right call IS to call him short when you see his knee down short of the goal line but couldn't see the ball anywhere except in his gut before bodies covered him. The laying in the end zone theory has to ignore that the knee down already stopped the play further back. That's why it's meaningless. Because you have to suspend a fact to get there. You said you didn't see Dak's knee down. I showed it to you with a big red arrow taken from the view an official had. He's the one that ran in and spotted him short.
Always thought you had an official in the family. Explains a lot.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

They just don’t want to pay referees, full-time, money and benefits. So there’s no accountability. And you get what you get. Trillion dollar industry and won’t pay them. Somethings not right.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Always thought you had an official in the family. Explains a lot.
You gonna actually get in and debate or continue sniping from the sidelines like a high school mean girl? You're one of the "mad" posters I talked about earlier who probably got embarrassed and now just won't move on. I literally don't even remember why you're mad. Lol.

CWR

Reaction score

No, I said I couldn't tell where Dak was. I explained I can see Jarwin (8) outside and it may be Dak inside, BUT I can't tell, nor can I see the ball or how far forward his torso is.

If his knee is down and he's across the goalline it means nothing, expect touchdown.

You're the same guy that pics apart stills, are you not?

The video is a much better look at his momentum carrying him forward and across the plain.