Mass exodus of NFL refs & officials

Bowdown27

Reaction score
whoever they put in their place they’ll still be terrible. The calls and non calls have been getting worse over the years

CWR

Reaction score
He was talking about "late game affecting" penalties that people love to say we get screwed by on purpose so I showed him one that benefitted us. But in this game do you remember that we were down 14-7 and they had scored again for 21-7 a third of the way into the 2nd except that TD got called back for a penalty? Then a few plays later Gregory destroyed Jones and we got a fumble. If not for a penalty that helped us, that game might have gotten out of hand by the half. So the refs kept it close alright but not the way our fans seem to remember.

I remember dominating them by over 200 yards on offense. I also remember Dak laying in the endzone and the refs somehow calling him short, or how about 12 penalties for 115 yards against?

They did us no favors that game. We win going away without all the crap calls.

conner01

Reaction score
bigger salaries tied to performance bonuses. Penalize those that make bad calls.
Not sure that’s realistic. Human error is inevitable. Now if they screw up the rules that’s different but missing a call is gonna happen. Things happen so fast on the field and they get one angle to see them. We set at home with instant replay and multiple angles
I think technology could improve some calls, especially thh by e really huge calls that grant a new set of downs. Roughing a QB and PI could easily be checked the majority of the time in a matter of seconds upstairs

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Not sure that’s realistic. Human error is inevitable. Now if they screw up the rules that’s different but missing a call is gonna happen. Things happen so fast on the field and they get one angle to see them. We set at home with instant replay and multiple angles
I think technology could improve some calls, especially thh by e really huge calls that grant a new set of downs. Roughing a QB and PI could easily be checked the majority of the time in a matter of seconds upstairs
You’ll never get rid of all the mistakes… But there’s just too many mistakes out there… penalizing mistakes will reduce mistakes…

CWR

Reaction score
He was talking about "late game affecting" penalties that people love to say we get screwed by on purpose so I showed him one that benefitted us. But in this game do you remember that we were down 14-7 and they had scored again for 21-7 a third of the way into the 2nd except that TD got called back for a penalty? Then a few plays later Gregory destroyed Jones and we got a fumble. If not for a penalty that helped us, that game might have gotten out of hand by the half. So the refs kept it close alright but not the way our fans seem to remember.

Honestly you often make really good points, and I have learned from you. That said, see my prior post. In the context of that entire game we had a lot of tough breaks. It's not fresh in my mind like it was a couple years ago but it was a rough game by any standard.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would be cool with XFL's universal challenge system. You get one challenge per game, but it can challenge anything. Any call, non call, spot, turnover, penalty, you name it. I'd keep it in my back pocket till the last drive where Dallas almost always gets hosed beyond recovery either by an egregious no call, or a phantom call. The refs could screw us again on the replay, but it would be so much more blatant that it could lead to reform.

I like the CFL rule, which is similar, but you keep the challenge until you get it wrong. Everything is challengeable until you get to the 3 minute warning, then the booth takes over.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I remember dominating them by over 200 yards on offense. I also remember Dak laying in the endzone and the refs somehow calling him short, or how about 12 penalties for 115 yards against?

They did us no favors that game. We win going away without all the crap calls.
Why does it have to be that we "get screwed?" Why can't it be the other simple explanation that we're just not a disciplined team? Someone made a great point that I trumpet over and over again: if we're so screwed by the refs on purpose, why isn't Zack Martin called for more penalties? Why discriminate when you have an agenda to execute? This bias excuse is exactly that: an excuse for why we aren't the powerhouse team of the 90s we so want to be again. So now, the NFL scriptwriters have emerged from the 90s onward because we just can't accept that we're losers (because they weren't in existence before that, mind you - they couldn't be because we were dominating).

Conspiracy here mirrors conspiracy at large. It's compensation to blind one's self to reality. It's a game but people take it so seriously that it gets tied up in personal ego. A little much from my standpoint but people are free to do what they want because the only person it hurts is the tortured soul having to make up these stories to make things better within. I'm simply a target of projection when I call this out but I can take it, lol.

And for the record, I do think Dak probably scored on that play and have said so but I can see how the refs didn't call it because there was no clear view of the ball crossing the plane and Dak's knee did touch the ground after contact at some point.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Why does it have to be that we "get screwed?" Why can't it be the other simple explanation that we're just not a disciplined team? Someone made a great point that I trumpet over and over again: if we're so screwed by the refs on purpose, why isn't Zack Martin called for more penalties? Why discriminate when you have an agenda to execute? This bias excuse is exactly that: an excuse for why we aren't the powerhouse team of the 90s we so want to be again. So now, the NFL scriptwriters have emerged from the 90s onward because we just can't accept that we're losers (because they weren't in existence before that, mind you - they couldn't be because we were dominating).

Conspiracy here mirrors conspiracy at large. It's compensation to blind one's self to reality. It's a game but people take it so seriously that it gets tied up in personal ego. A little much from my standpoint but people are free to do what they want because the only person it hurts is the tortured soul having to make up these stories to make things better within. I'm simply a target of projection when I call this out but I can take it, lol.

And for the record, I do think Dak probably scored on that play and have said so but I can see how the refs didn't call it because there was no clear view of the ball crossing the plane and Dak's knee did touch the ground after contact at some point.
Why do you always defend the refs time and again when they clearly screw up? IF anyone has an agenda it is you. Always claim the refs are pure as snow. Always claim there is no such thing as bias.

CWR

Reaction score

That play in particular was a plain as day td. Come on man, anything else is an excuse. You can't lie in the endzone and not be across the goalline. Like I said, it's been a couple years, and I won't embellish how well I remember the game. That said the moment they called him down we were absolutely, undoubtedly, getting screwed. You can blame it on incompetence, or whatever you want. There was no justification for that spot. You choose a poor game to represent your case.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why do you always defend the refs time and again when they clearly screw up? IF anyone has an agenda it is you. Always claim the refs are pure as snow. Always claim there is no such thing as bias.
Why are you always following me in threads? How about when a ref decision comes into focus, you actually attempt to debate me on it. You being my personal fanboi is indicative of how that turned out last time. You're the heartbroken clingy type I see. Lol.

And truth is my agenda. It's hella offensive, I know.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That play in particular was a plain as day td. Come on man, anything else is an excuse. You can't lie in the endzone and not be across the goalline. Like I said, it's been a couple years, and I won't embellish how well I remember the game. That said the moment they called him down we were absolutely, undoubtedly, getting screwed. You can blame it on incompetence, or whatever you want. There was no justification for that spot. You choose a poor game to represent your case.
Like I said, I think he probably scored but if they have to see the ball cross, there was no way they could. And his knee touched down outside the goal line. And apparently we got screwed only up until overtime when they looked the other way on that blatant facemask call. You saying they were "evening things up" with that no-call? It directly led to us winning.

Mannix

Reaction score
I have a friend who is an SEC ref. He's primed to become a NFL ref. Maybe now is his time?
He better meet "certain" qualifications, or he ain't getting in...that's all I'm gonna say.

pansophy

Reaction score
Boomers have hit retirement age - the biggest generation in American history. Expect more of it in every sector of the economy.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Are we really that worried about the quality of the reffing next year? It’s been horrendous. I’d rather start fresh with someone new

CWR

Reaction score
Like I said, I think he probably scored but if they have to see the ball cross, there was no way they could. And his knee touched down outside the goal line. And apparently we got screwed only up until overtime when they looked the other way on that blatant facemask call. You saying they were "evening things up" with that no-call? It directly led to us winning.

I never saw the knee down. If you think he probably scored I'm not sure why you insist on giving them an out.

No you couldn't see the ball, but simple anatomy/physics whatever you want to call it, would demomstrate a ball carrier laying in the endzone with the ball, had to take it with him.

You can absolutely get screwed on calls all day and still catch a break in the end. It doesn't change the fact the game wouldn't have been close if called correctly.

cristglo

Reaction score
Its a shame that we can pay Roger a multi-million-dollar contract and Players ridiculous amounts of money but we cant Hire Full Time Refs?

cowboyed

Reaction score
This likely will become another movie installment of The Purge series.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
giphy.gif