Not open for further replies.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(taken from the above link)

BREAKING NEWS
– A gunman who federal authorities say had possible ties to terrorism opened fire early Sunday morning at a packed Florida nightclub, killing approximately 20 people and wounding scores more in a bloody scene that ended hours later when police stormed the building and killed the suspect.

The shooting in Orlando at Pulse, which bills itself as "the hottest gay bar" in the city and was packed with more than 300 people, was reported minutes after 2 a.m. Sunday. In addition to those killed inside the club, at least 42 people were taken to area hospitals. Dozens of party-goers remained hostages in the club for several hours after the initial shooting, prompting SWAT teams to pour inside. Shortly after 6 a.m. local time, Orlando police tweeted that the gunman had been killed.

The shooter was identified as Omar Mateen, according to several major news outlets citing law enforcement sources. Mateen, a 29-year-old U.S. citizen from Fort Pierce, Fla., allegedly has parents of Afghani origin.

Fox News confirmed that the suspected gunman was Muslim.

The gunman “may have leanings” toward radical Islam, FBI Special Agent in Charge Ron Hopper said when asked by Fox News whether the suspect had ties to Jihadist terror groups. Hopper said the investigation is looking into possible threats made previously by the suspect in connection to radical Islam groups. He said the agency is still investigating and has yet to confirm any role a terror group may have played in the mass shooting.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
the police department just had a news conference which say it was not 20 dead but 50 dead.

Unreal

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Been a tough week for Orlando between this and the Christina Grimmie shooting...

Prayers to all of the victims, families and friends...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
50 killed in shooting at Orlando nightclub, Mayor says
Published June 12, 2016
FoxNews.com

1465728197347.jpg

June 12, 2016: Orlando Police officers direct family members away from a multiple shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Fla. (AP)

BREAKING NEWS – A gunman who federal authorities say had possible ties to terrorism opened fire early Sunday morning at a packed Orlando nightclub, killing 50 people and wounding at least 53 more in a bloody scene that ended hours later when police stormed the building and killed the shooter.

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer asked Gov. Rick Scott to declare a state of emergency following the attack.

The gunman was identified as Omar Mateen, Rep. Alan Grayson said during a Sunday morning press conference. Mateen was a U.S. citizen, Grayson said, though that was "not true of other family members of his." Mateen, 29, lived in Fort Pierce, Fla. He was born in the U.S. to parents of Afghan origin and was a Muslim, Fox News confirmed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...rlando-nightclub-mayor-says.html?intcmp=hpbt1

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
First of all this is a tragedy and an abhorrence on American soil or anywhere in the World.

None have the right to worship unless it is Allah. Muslims are told to fight unbelievers until they are either dead, converted to Islam, or in a permanent state of subjugation under Muslim domination. Allowing people of other faiths to live and worship independently of Islamic rule is not an option.

However there are Laws in the Quran that prohibit killing if they are perceived as legal right to live, the exceptions are Muslims can kill Muslims if they reject their religion, if a Muslin kills someone or commits adultery. Non-Muslims can only be killed under the teachings of whoever attacks Muslims, or those who try to stop a Muslim caliph from spreading Islam to the world. (only valid at the time when Muslims had an Islamic state +1100 years ago...)

What can Non-Muslims do to protect themselves and families from a Radicalized environment of the misguided Muslims who dictate violence around the world because of a few quotes that are warped into a state of action to commit these heinous crimes?

Understandably they are poor countries with horrid Leadership. Are they begging for help ... or do they just want to kill all non-believers? Do they need food, water shelter? Can we reach out to these people? Can we help extremist Muslims around the globe to see peace as a possibility?

What are the answers to prevent this from happening...and don't run out and say and take all our guns when it looks like you're going to need them.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all this is a tragedy and an abhorrence on American soil or anywhere in the World.

None have the right to worship unless it is Allah. Muslims are told to fight unbelievers until they are either dead, converted to Islam, or in a permanent state of subjugation under Muslim domination. Allowing people of other faiths to live and worship independently of Islamic rule is not an option.

However there are Laws in the Quran that prohibit killing if they are perceived as legal right to live, the exceptions are Muslims can kill Muslims if they reject their religion, if a Muslin kills someone or commits adultery. Non-Muslims can be killed under the teachings of whoever attacks Muslims or those who try to stop a Muslim caliph from spreading Islam to the world.

What can Non-Muslims do to protect themselves and families from a Radicalized environment of the misguided Muslims who dictate violence around the world because of a few quotes that are warped into a state of action to commit these heinous crimes?

Understandably they are poor countries with horrid Leadership. Are they begging for help ... or do they just want to kill all non-believers? Do they need food, water shelter? Can we reach out to these people? Can we help extremist Muslims around the globe to see peace as a possibility?

What are the answers to prevent this from happening...and don't run out and say and take all our guns when it looks like you're going to need them.

The game is early, but from news accounts this situation is less to do with religion and more to due with being intolerant of specific lifestyle choices.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
The game is early, but from news accounts this situation is less to do with religion and more to due with being intolerant of specific lifestyle choices.

Fundamentally due to religion, but this is not limited to only one, it is an excuse for many to guise their hatred.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
OK, so only those that have ties to radical islam can hate those who've made different lifestyle choices.

Got it.

I agree....build a wall.

A U.S. intelligence source told Milton that Islamic terrorism is being investigated as a possible motive in the shooting because of several indicators, including the style of the attack, which had similarities to the attacks in Paris in November 2015 and Brussels in March. The gunman put up a protracted gun battle with police and was heavily armed, the source said.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm not attempting to make any religion look good or look bad. But his family can come out and say it wasn't about religion as much as they want, the FBI WAS NOT tracking him for nothing. His has family outside the US, specifically Afghanistan. I am not saying he has ties to a radical islamic group, but I'll go ahead say it's safe to assume his homophobia was influenced by a certain ideology. I'll gladly admit if I'm wrong.

We have an 80% Christian population and a 1% Muslim population. It took someone from the 1% to cause the worst mass shooting in history. So not only do Muslims now hold the worst terrorist attack, they hold the worst mass shooting.

I think living in a melting pot is beautiful. I love the mixture and influencing of cultures, when it's positive. I have my criticisms with how America has reacted to Islamic terror, but I DO NOT want to see our Muslim population double and triple like it's expected to in the next 15 years. I do not want to become another Germany or Sweden after the progress we have made.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree....build a wall.

A U.S. intelligence source told Milton that Islamic terrorism is being investigated as a possible motive in the shooting because of several indicators, including the style of the attack, which had similarities to the attacks in Paris in November 2015 and Brussels in March. The gunman put up a protracted gun battle with police and was heavily armed, the source said.

A "wall" will never, ever work.

Too impractical.

Status
Not open for further replies.