Massive need at Wide Receiver

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Cooks helps. Lamb is a #1. And don’t worry, they’ll add a TE at 26 that can catch.
Hendershot and Ferguson can catch. They can handle the tight end job. Cooks helps, but unless Gallup magically reverts to pre-injury form, it’s a weakness that doesn’t need to be

starfan1

Reaction score
if we need to use the first for WR (which we dont) Jaylin hyatt will be available when we pick I believe. Mims later should be available. i think the addition of Cooks changes things in the short term. It also gives tolbert time to figure stuff out I think semi is gone. We definately dont need to trade up for WR

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Hendershot and Ferguson can catch. They can handle the tight end job. Cooks helps, but unless Gallup magically reverts to pre-injury form, it’s a weakness that doesn’t need to be
A handful of catches between them, they can barely find the door to the practice facility,,time to draft a real threat to defenses at the TE position...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We still have massive need at WR. The best thing we can do is try to trade into the top 15 to get JSN
We just traded a couple of picks for a good WR to go along with CeeDee and Gallup, so I wouldn’t say we have a massive need at the position. Cooks is clearly an upgrade over Noah Brown. It’s always possible we could draft a WR, but I think we’re going to be looking closer at TE’s after the departure of Schultz. The Cowboys wanted him back, but he decided to leave. We have a couple of young TE’s with potential, but the jury is still out on both. From what I’m hearing this is a strong TE draft.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The boys are clearly gambling that Gallup will be all the way back this season.

It is a gamble but a reasonable one.

Basically in line with what they have been doing this offseason.

They are going farther then they have in some years; but doing it with trades more than FA.

OBVIOUSLY they think they are close and do not need to take real big risks.