Massive need at Wide Receiver

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I like Him and I also like Robinson from UCLA. . He is 6'3 but he is Narrow. . . Reminds Me a of Hurts a little. He also has an extra gear when running
I would like them to take one in those rounds though not a UDFA, Purdy is the exception also so those 7th round QB's rarely work out...obviously we all hope #4 and MM get to the promise land this year but they should still draft a QB in those middle rounds.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
"Massive"?? LOL really? Go ahead and provide a justification for a "massive" need for another WR.
Okay.

Last year, even with missing 5 games, Dak tied for the most interceptions in the nfl. A lot of that was from the ball bouncing off of the receivers hands and into the hands of defenders.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Okay.

Last year, even with missing 5 games, Dak tied for the most interceptions in the nfl. A lot of that was from the ball bouncing off of the receivers hands and into the hands of defenders.
Triple Jeebus!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Provide proof that we all didn’t see nobody open 3/4 of the time last year in every game.
Alot of those game Noah Brown was the 2nd option, then it was a 60% Gallup as the second option. This current WR core is much better than the one we had last year.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mama take these posts away from me,
I can't read them anymore
It's getting bad, too bad to see
I feel I'm knockin' on insanity's door

Knock-knock-knockin' on insanity's door
hey hey hey hey ya

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We still have massive need at WR. The best thing we can do is try to trade into the top 15 to get JSN
C.D. Lamb, Michael Gallup, Brandon Cooks, and probably T.Y. Hilton coming back as well and we have a massive need at WR:huh:

That is a top 5 receiving core easy.

But you want to pretty much trade our entire draft (which it would take to go from 26 to 15) and draft yet another WR?

Unless we are going to be implementing a run and shoot offense with 5 wides as our base formation, this would be overkill to the extreme.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Absolutely the WORST thing the Cowboys could do.

And NO the Cowboys don't have a massive need at WR.

Good grief.
Yeah, I'm totally lost on how anybody could look at a WR core of Lamb, Gallup, Cooks, and probably Hilton as well and think it is a massive need that requires a top 15 pick.

TE, HB, and OG just off the top of my head are all way bigger needs than WR, hence I expect our 1st round pick to be from one of these three areas.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm totally lost on how anybody could look at a WR core of Lamb, Gallup, Cooks, and probably Hilton as well and think it is a massive need that requires a top 15 pick.

TE, HB, and OG just off the top of my head are all way bigger needs than WR, hence I expect our 1st round pick to be from one of these three areas.
Id argue we need DT to replace the HB if its first round need...I know the love this board has for HB's though.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If a Lamb type WR fell in your lap, then you take a real long look at the pick, but do not trade up for one (unless your planning on trading lamb for it...which it better be cant miss then). this would be a shrewd move that better work as he better be your #1 like now, if it works your a genius because you dont have to pay lamb next year.
There is not a single WR in this draft that is as good as Lamb.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There is not a single WR in this draft that is as good as Lamb.
I would agree thats why i said it would be a huge gamble but would be the only reason to do this, if you could replace Lamb with another Rookie contract it would be genius...VERY LOW ODDS on it working.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah no sheet. . . who did not learn? Are you claiming because you are Complain that this proves that you are aware of "The Problem" Last Year?

But Who has multiple and multiple weapons . . . Who?

Gallup and Cooks on the outside is about as much as some teams are Lining up

Now We got Lamb in the Slot and Cooks on the outside clearing out the Safety (How are you not excited). . . I am assuming you believe Gallup is "Trash" but I am a Fan of His. He will be Healthier this year and I am sure He will thrive facing the "Lesser" of the 3 CBs

If Pollard recovers We will be Dominant

Only one Question will remain. . . And that is the elephant in the Room

If this offense does not succeed it all be because of 1 glaring Problem
I am a big fan of Gallup, but last year proved he was nothing close to the Gallup prior to injury. We don't know if he will get back to 100% ever again.

The same goes for Pollard.

Lots of wishful thinking on two key players coming off of major leg injuries. Injuries which clearly will hinder their ability to cut, accelerate, create separation, have enough speed or get open.

But, hey, let's be lazy like some of you and simply blame it all on you know who.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Gallup, but last year proved he was nothing close to the Gallup prior to injury. We don't know if he will get back to 100% ever again.

The same goes for Pollard.

Lots of wishful thinking on two key players coming off of major leg injuries. Injuries which clearly will hinder their ability to cut, accelerate, create separation, have enough speed or get open.

But, hey, let's be lazy like some of you and simply blame it all on you know who.
AC you have to keep the argument to the task at hand, some of the ABD crowd have good posts when its not about Dak. I get it, dont let the Dak war ruin other threads for you man. You point on Gallup is for sure a concern, they already paid him so the only thing we can really do is pray he returns to form this year...kinda the same with TP