CFZ Matchup with with Seattle and all time history numbers

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This Thursday, the Cowboys and Seahawks will line up against each other for the 22nd time in history including the playoffs. Recent history has had these two teams in a lot of close games.
Here are the records in regular season and the playoffs:
  • Cowboys lead the regular season series 10-9.
  • Cowboys are 1-1 vs Sea in the playoffs.
    • Everyone remembers Bill Parcells’ last game in the wild card round loss in 2006 when Romo bobbled the snap in the 21-20 loss.
    • In 2018, the Cowboys beat the ‘hawks in a wild card game 24-22.
  • Since 2012, Sea has won 5 of the last 6 regular season games.
    • Sea won the last regular season meeting in 2020 when the seabags beat us 38-31 in Seattle.
    • Our last regular season win vs Sea was in 2014 when Romo led the Cowboys to a 30-23 upset in sea.
    • The average margin of victory in 4 of the last 6 matchups is less than 7 points.
All statistical data points to the Cowboys having the edge Thursday. This will be a good test for the Cowboys facing a team with realistic playoff chances. Here are a few stats about the Seahawks:
  • Sea has a -20 point differential compared to the Cowboys NFL leading +162.
  • Sea has lost 2 straight games and have a 6-5 record.
  • Sea offense ranks 21st in total offense compared to Cowboys offense which is ranked 4th.
  • Sea defense ranks 23rd in total defense vs the Cowboys 3rd ranked D.
  • Sea averages 20.8 points per game; Cowboys avg league leading 31.5.
  • Sea averages giving up 22.6 points per game vs Dallas giving up 16.8.
Should be a fun game that the Cowboys should win. Anything can happen - it’s the NFL. But the Cowboys are clearly the better team.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This Thursday, the Cowboys and Seahawks will line up against each other for the 22nd time in history including the playoffs. Recent history has had these two teams in a lot of close games.
Here are the records in regular season and the playoffs:
  • Cowboys lead the regular season series 10-9.
  • Cowboys are 1-1 vs Sea in the playoffs.
    • Everyone remembers Bill Parcells’ last game in the wild card round loss in 2006 when Romo bobbled the snap in the 21-20 loss.
    • In 2018, the Cowboys beat the ‘hawks in a wild card game 24-22.
  • Since 2012, Sea has won 5 of the last 6 regular season games.
    • Sea won the last regular season meeting in 2020 when the seabags beat us 38-31 at AT&T.
    • Our last regular season win vs Sea was in 2014 when Romo led the Cowboys to a 30-23 upset in sea.
    • The average margin of victory in 4 of the last 6 matchups is less than 7 points.
All statistical data points to the Cowboys having the edge Thursday. This will be a good test for the Cowboys facing a team with realistic playoff chances. Here are a few stats about the Seahawks:
  • Sea has a -20 point differential compared to the Cowboys NFL leading +162.
  • Sea has lost 2 straight games and have a 6-5 record.
  • Sea offense ranks 21st in total offense compared to Cowboys offense which is ranked 4th.
  • Sea defense ranks 23rd in total defense vs the Cowboys 3rd ranked D.
  • Sea averages giving up 22.6 points per game vs Dallas giving up 16.8.
Should be a fun game that the Cowboys should win. Anything can happen - it’s the NFL. But the Cowboys are clearly the better team.
Will we see what we missed of not getting #54 for the Hawks

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Quite a bit of frustrating history recently.

The Christmas Eve game in 2017 was one of the more nerve wracking performances from our boys that I can remember.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Seattle stinks.

Where they pose a threat is if Dallas just sits in man coverage all day and can't get home.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Will we see what we missed of not getting #54 for the Hawks
This Cowboys offense are fully capable of keeping their linebacker on his heels.

Seattle is presently ranked about 12 and Dallas at 5. 7 point favorites are Dallas.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This game really concerns me . This is like a must win for Hawks to stay in WC slot. Not to mention to stop their slide . And we could be looking ahead to next week. Although I suppose for those who still feel we have a legit shot at East they all are must wins for us.

Since we can practically concede the East I’m not sure this is as must win for us. Most likely we run away with 5th seed with 10 or 11 wins. Basically we probably only need 2 more wins in final 5 weeks.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It’s odd the Cowboys haven’t beaten Seattle during the regular season in Dallas since 2011.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This game really concerns me . This is like a must win for Hawks to stay in WC slot. Not to mention to stop their slide . And we could be looking ahead to next week. Although I suppose for those who still feel we have a legit shot at East they all are must wins for us.

Since we can practically concede the East I’m not sure this is as must win for us. Most likely we run away with 5th seed with 10 or 11 wins. Basically we probably only need 2 more wins in final 5 weeks.
All games concern me, lol. If the Cowboys are prepared, focused and execute as they should, they will win by 10 or more. Seattle has lost 2 straight and as you said Greg will be a wounded, desperate team.

I expect this to be a close game until maybe the 4th qtr. But anything can happen. It’s the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All games concern me, lol. If the Cowboys are prepared, focused and execute as they should, they will win by 10 or more. Seattle has lost 2 straight and as you said Greg will be a wounded, desperate team.

I expect this to be a close game until maybe the 4th qtr. But anything can happen. It’s the NFL.
No doubt it could be another blowout . Key element . Turnovers . We haven’t blown teams out without it on defense .

Kinda funny that if we do win it could be another team without a winning record although I expect them to end up with one .

I agree. I think we do win. But I’m just saying this game concerns me more than the rest of our lesser opponents thus far.

One of the greatest intangible factors in NFL is which team needs the win more. I’d argue Seattle in this case if we have basically conceded the division which most I think have .

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This Cowboys offense are fully capable of keeping their linebacker on his heels.

Seattle is presently ranked about 12 and Dallas at 5. 7 point favorites are Dallas.
I don't get into what other teams did to them and where a team ranks, I need to see what we're going to do and what success or failures we will have

Fmart322

Reaction score
There was no reason for us to lose to Seattle in that bobbled snap wildcard game.
They had 3 DBs who were in street clothes playing. BP blew that game for not going after them there.
Terry Glenn fumbling the ball inside our own 5 yard line.
Everything went wrong for the Cowboys on that day.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Seattle stinks.

Where they pose a threat is if Dallas just sits in man coverage all day and can't get home.
So we can expect Dak to pile up some more stats? Love the stats.......

75boyz

Reaction score
Decent QB, excellent receivers, and good HC.
Defense has been inconsistent although they have proven players at all 3 levels.

Will be a good starting point to start beating the next five .500 or above teams we will be playing as Seattle is 6-5.

Gotta win the first one to get it started.
So, baby steps..

Last edited: