CFZ Matchup with with Seattle and all time history numbers

blueblood70

Reaction score
There's definitely some frustrating history with them. The first game that comes to mind for me is 2002, the game Emmitt became the all-time leading rusher. I believe we would have won that game if we gave him the ball more.
You might want to just add in that entire division what is it with the Arizona Cardinals, the 49ers, the Seahawks, 2018 loss to the rams ughh . I don't think we like the West Coast teams, we especially don't like playing outdoors... I realize we play at home sometimes with them, but it just seems to be that division gives us a lot of problems...

Motorola

Reaction score
I feel good about this game, especially if Geno is still having issues with his bruised triceps. They've only scored 3 TDS in their last 4 games. The article also said they've gone 20 possessions since their last offensive TD. I'm guessing their defense or special teams have scored, since they specifically said offensive TDs.
Seahawks last TD was a pick-six Thanksgiving night.
One 1st quarter offensive TD v. Rams
Two 2nd half offensive TDs v. Commanders.
No TDs at all v. Ravens.
Seattle scored 29 points against Washington - but totaled just 25 points total on offense against their three opponents in November.

In summary...Seahawks offense is meh against a decent team (Rams), and pathetic against good teams (Ravens, Forty-niners).

Creeper

Reaction score
This Thursday, the Cowboys and Seahawks will line up against each other for the 22nd time in history including the playoffs. Recent history has had these two teams in a lot of close games.
Here are the records in regular season and the playoffs:
  • Cowboys lead the regular season series 10-9.
  • Cowboys are 1-1 vs Sea in the playoffs.
    • Everyone remembers Bill Parcells’ last game in the wild card round loss in 2006 when Romo bobbled the snap in the 21-20 loss.
    • In 2018, the Cowboys beat the ‘hawks in a wild card game 24-22.
  • Since 2012, Sea has won 5 of the last 6 regular season games.
    • Sea won the last regular season meeting in 2020 when the seabags beat us 38-31 in Seattle.
    • Our last regular season win vs Sea was in 2014 when Romo led the Cowboys to a 30-23 upset in sea.
    • The average margin of victory in 4 of the last 6 matchups is less than 7 points.
All statistical data points to the Cowboys having the edge Thursday. This will be a good test for the Cowboys facing a team with realistic playoff chances. Here are a few stats about the Seahawks:
  • Sea has a -20 point differential compared to the Cowboys NFL leading +162.
  • Sea has lost 2 straight games and have a 6-5 record.
  • Sea offense ranks 21st in total offense compared to Cowboys offense which is ranked 4th.
  • Sea defense ranks 23rd in total defense vs the Cowboys 3rd ranked D.
  • Sea averages 20.8 points per game; Cowboys avg league leading 31.5.
  • Sea averages giving up 22.6 points per game vs Dallas giving up 16.8.
Should be a fun game that the Cowboys should win. Anything can happen - it’s the NFL. But the Cowboys are clearly the better team.
Dallas should win this game, but this is another West coast team that just seems to have good games against Dallas lately. I don't like the matchup of their WRs against the Cowboys DBs. The key to the game will be to get after Geno Smith and make him make mistakes. It's a home game for Dallas so at least the crowd will be on our side and the Cowboys have been playing really well in Dallas. But this is not a game they can afford to keep close into the 4th quarter. With the Eagles coming up next week, it will be harder to focus on this game but it is what they have to do.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'll be watching here for immediate values:

Ironically, Bland’s historic day saved what was otherwise one of the worst games of his very young career. He finished the day giving up nine completions on a game high 12 targets, with six of those receptions going for a first down. It served as a reminder that Bland isn’t a shutdown corner, but if you throw his way enough times he will absolutely make you pay.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2023/11/29/23979871/dallas-cowboys-analytics-roundup-advanced-stats

The secondary needs to tighten back up for this and the next Cowboys' game against the Eagles.

Thomas82

Reaction score
You might want to just add in that entire division what is it with the Arizona Cardinals, the 49ers, the Seahawks, 2018 loss to the rams ughh . I don't think we like the West Coast teams, we especially don't like playing outdoors... I realize we play at home sometimes with them, but it just seems to be that division gives us a lot of problems...
Good points!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I just hate that the Cowboys seem to inspire teams to play their very best.
This is true.. which is why it's even more impressive the way they have been boat racing these teams. These teams are playing like it's their Super Bowl and still getting treated like Vanderbilt.

Gambit

Reaction score
So we can expect Dak to pile up some more stats? Love the stats.......
Do you imagine a team can win, nay, even play without stats?

Disclaimer:
This is a rhetoricicall question, no need to answer, it was asked to highlight the absurdity of your comment.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This is true.. which is why it's even more impressive the way they have been boat racing these teams. These teams are playing like it's their Super Bowl and still getting treated like Vanderbilt.
AZ was the only flat game against a jobber team. All the rest were squash matches.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Hope your right but I disagree. They will be desperate. They have everything to lose. We are playing with house money. That said, we need to win to have any chance at the division.
If the game was in Seattle with the stakes as high as they are for the 'Hawks- it would probably be nip/tuck.

It's not. We will trash this team.

Motorola

Reaction score
If the game was in Seattle with the stakes as high as they are for the 'Hawks- it would probably be nip/tuck.

It's not. We will trash this team.
Seahawks got beat down in their "12th Man" refuge a week ago -- only a pick-six made the outcome look not as bad as it truly was.
(Seattle 5 wins at home...v. Panthers, Giants, Cardinals, Browns, and Commanders.)

Cowboys roll...again.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Romo only dropped one snap in his entire time as the holder. Why would you say it was a bad idea. He had been the holder all year as the backup QB and stayed once he was named the starter so as not to screw up with operation breaking in a new holder. Romo just choked in that moment. I aint blamin Parcells for that. How the hell was he to know Romo was going to choke?
I wouldn't say it was a choke just an unfortunate event.

Motorola

Reaction score
I just hate that the Cowboys seem to inspire teams to play their very best.
"America's Team".
No matter that the label is not fitting today = old hat in among many that follow the NFL...fans, players, coaches today still acknowledge the name is welded to the Cowboys' franchise...and most teams respond with their best effort when Dallas is on their schedule that season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With the upcoming game tomorrow, Seattle's defense has potential for an improving defense, but they simply don't match up well with Dallas and their offense.