Matt Hasselbeck working with Dak Prescott

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Re-read what his comments were in 2016. He also had 31 other teams to potentially play for if he had his health

Injuries to his body put him in the broadcasting booth.
but he was healthy to play in 2016? he just didn't get on the field. subsequently, he retired.

btw, I liked Romo. I thought he was really good. just couldn't get over the top. I actually advocated for him to take over Dak for our playoff run. no Rookie QB has ever made a superbowl, including none of the ones in HOF. so experience counts and I thought Romo would be better for us to make playoff run. then again we had Garrett...not sure if it would have made a difference.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why not get Dilfer to help him? That's where he's at, probably not as good as Dilfer but he can tell him how to let the team carry his sorry butt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If anybody here thinks that the FO would have preferred Dakota over a HEALTHY Romo for the following 2017 season, they are delusional

So how is Daks 2-4 playoff record, like Romos, not a failure as well?

Let's keep it 100
They did prefer Dak which is why Romo retired. He wanted a shot to compete and the competition was over.

Romo's 2-4 record wasn't a failure until he retired. I didn't judge him 7 years into his career. I waited until it was over and yes it is a failure. Especially since he was MID most of those games.

Dak's 2-4 record is nothing to be proud of either. But a SB run all of sudden flips that 2-4 record to 5-4. Which is a lot more respectable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
but he was healthy to play in 2016? he just didn't get on the field. subsequently, he retired.

btw, I liked Romo. I thought he was really good. just couldn't get over the top. I actually advocated for him to take over Dak for our playoff run. no Rookie QB has ever made a superbowl, including none of the ones in HOF. so experience counts and I thought Romo would be better for us to make playoff run. then again we had Garrett...not sure if it would have made a difference.
That's my thing with Romo. Maybe he needed more help. Better players and better coaches. But what we saw? He never had that breakout performance in the playoffs. His best games of his career probably would all be regular season games.

quickccc

Reaction score
i dunno anything about Dak's current QB coach or his credentials in working with QBs

QB coaches come big key in working with the mechanics of the QB (throwing, footwork) but Dak will have Schottenheimeir who has skins on the wall
one who has worked with the likes of Brees and Russel Wilson .. so it could be like what Norv Turner was the Troy Aikman.

But this should be McCarthy's " Tex Coast " offense. Not Schott's offense
He may be what Eric Bienemy is to Andy Reid as the X's And O's play-caller to McCarthy's offense

McCarthy brought Schott on as an insider consultant and he's had a year within the Cowboys organization. now without Kellen or Doug Nuss.. it's up
to Schott and McCarthy himself that will being doing the new foundation works with Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
See points scored. It’s not complicated…..at all.
watch the games....watch how a game is managed. the Patriots lost the superbowl being the highest scoring offense ever!!!!

they won in 2019, scoring only 13 points. Rams were 8th in scoring when they won it. Ravens had 80 more points in 2019 than KC. Ravens were an early exit.

there is a difference in scoring and managing a game. if you don't understand the difference, then I can't help you. perhaps too complex for you. read a couple of books on NFL game management.