Twitter: Matt Johnson has stress reaction in foot

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Acute stress reaction (also called acute stress disorder, psychological shock,mental shock, or simply shock) is a psychological condition arising in response to a terrifying or traumatic event.

...So it's all in his head? Awesome.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I was watching parts of the game and I was thinking I wonder if johnson played. Lol then they say his Injured in the locker room. I couldnt help but almost laugh. Dont want him hurt but hes just injury prone and cant be counted on and is a waste of a roster spot. This guy is pure glass.They need to cut him and sign another s.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I believe that it means that there isn't clear sign of a fracture but they are seeing something that could be one. Found this definition:

A stress reaction precedes a stress fracture in the bone fatigue failure continuum and is hallmarked by bony microfailure without cortical
disruption. These injuries are most common in the lower extremities of endurance and repetitive-motion athletes such as runners, jumpers, skaters, and soldiers.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So basically this kid is not going to get any kind of real work in prior to the season and thus be a non-factor yet again.

Awesome.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bad luck for Johnson and in the end this may cost him a spot on the roster. I see no reason to add insult to injury.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Ugh. Getting tired of this. I guess his foot was stressed out from actually having to be stood upon?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ugh. Getting tired of this. I guess his foot was stressed out from actually having to be stood upon?

I'm sure he is getting tired of it. It is his career hanging in the balance I doubt this is how he hoped things would go for himself.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Yeah, he can pack his bags tomorrow and I wouldn't think anything of it. Cya.

links18

Reaction score
No sympathy for the injured? It must be his fault right? Not bad luck?

Gadfly22

Reaction score
I see. "Stress reaction" is a precursor to a stress fracture. Which I'm sure Johnson has penciled in for August 29. Unless he pulls a hamstring getting out of bed, breaks his small toe putting on his fuzzy slippers and accidentally stabs himself in the eye with his toothbrush.