Twitter: Matt Johnson has stress reaction in foot

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
He will make the team.

Verdict

Reaction score
I would have him sleep in a hyperbaric chamber for a few days.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'm sure he is getting tired of it. It is his career hanging in the balance I doubt this is how he hoped things would go for himself.

Agreed. I thought he looked good out there before he got hurt in the game. I hope the kid can heal up quick and give it another go.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Agreed. I thought he looked good out there before he got hurt in the game. I hope the kid can heal up quick and give it another go.

For his sake I hope he can as well. Only saving grace he has right now is the fact we are still in the early stages of pre season but the clock has to be ticking on his chance of landing a job in Dallas.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He will make the team.

Would not count on it, By missing time he opens the door for others to get a chance to catch the eye of the coaches. Not sure how many safeties Dallas will keep.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Can we just get this kid out already? He's obviously not part of our future, how could he be when he's hurt every other day? Sorry if I come across too harsh, but the dude is always hurt and is a detriment to this team. Lets bring in someone else who can stay healthy, even if they're not as talented as Johnson they're still a better option because they'll actually have a chance to make/help the team.

Staubacher

Reaction score
For his sake I hope he can as well. Only saving grace he has right now is the fact we are still in the early stages of pre season but the clock has to be ticking on his chance of landing a job in Dallas.

Agreed. Obviously the brass sees a lot in him to show the patience they have had. They may not have many options left - not hurt bad enough to PUP, probably would get snatched from the PS, and possibly cannot afford to put him on 53. It's unfortunate because he shown enough at safety to at least be a backup. We are thin there now without him.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Would not count on it, By missing time he opens the door for others to get a chance to catch the eye of the coaches. Not sure how many safeties Dallas will keep.

I think he'll make the team, but i don't think the staff may be as high on him as they were before TC started.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I bet he does. I know it's really fun to resent guys who are trying hard for the sin of 'getting hurt,' but they guy's playing pretty well, is young, and the coaches really seem to like him. I also bet he's back before the last preseason game and playing well after a few weeks of resting the foot. It's nice that we've got some depth (at least options we want to look at) in the meantime.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Agreed. Obviously the brass sees a lot in him to show the patience they have had. They may not have many options left - not hurt enough to PUP, probably would get snatched from the PS, and possibly cannot afford to put him on 53. It's unfortunate because he shown enough at safety to at least be a backup. We are thin there now without him.

Right now I think Church and Allen will be the starting safeties. Wilcox I think will make it then outside of Johnson you have 4 others trying to make the team in Frampton, Hamliton, Heath and McCray. I hope Johnson can come back quickly and show he can be counted on if not then his career will end before it ever began.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
but they guy's playing pretty well, is young, and the coaches really seem to like him.

I wouldn't really say that. I didn't see much from him in his limited time on the field. Seemed like just another guy out there to me. I don't get the hype. Frampton looked better to me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think he'll make the team, but i don't think the staff may be as high on him as they were before TC started.

I think they will give him every chance they can but in the meantime his snaps will go to others and if someone can step up then it is very conceivable it could cost Johnson.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I bet he does. I know it's really fun to resent guys who are trying hard for the sin of 'getting hurt,' but they guy's playing pretty well, is young, and the coaches really seem to like him. I also bet he's back before the last preseason game and playing well after a few weeks of resting the foot. It's nice that we've got some depth (at least options we want to look at) in the meantime.

1st off I don't resent him at all. I feel bad for him that he has had to deal with these constant injury problems that have kept him off the field. I'm sure the coaches do like him and frankly I have high hope for him but realisticly if you can't stay on the field it is hard to make a team.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score

Yeah, I don't think he is going anywhere....yet.

We just have too little talent at the position to give up on Matt unless this is a month type thing. Hamliton is the only hope we have at the position, but as an UDFA and from what he has shown, he is an obvious practice squad candidate.

Matt will get some time cause of our safety situation, guess that says alot about our situation at the position though.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
He won't get cut based on safety depth. But his ability to stay on the field is becoming laughable