Matt Miller's Dallas Report

dfense

Reaction score
The standard "a well placed source in the Dallas front office told me" shpeal from the Bleacher report. In other words, our best guess is....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sounds like fake news.

kXhsXd6.gif

Macnalty

Reaction score
The "plan" should be reading the draft as it unfolds. See how it is unfolding. They could even bail out of the 28 spot and drop down the number of spots where they have players slotted.

If they "plan" for a DE to fall to 61 that is simply not using the law of averages in a smart way.

I know most people would see a CB pick in the first and just be satisfied they did something to address the "need" for bodies at the position. Not me.

Conversely, the same people would probably see a rusher picked at 28 and moan that it is not better than what we already have at the position. I can't see any of the top rushers in this draft possibly being any more mediocre than D. Lawrence or Mayowa.
No DE drafted(28) this year is going to contribute anything abnormal, it is the nature of the position you are drafting a DE for his post rookie seasons at the bottom of the first round. Now a DB is a different story their talent can be used immediately in most cases as we saw with our late round pick last year. I would agree mostly about Lattimore, Peppers, Conley(pre rape rumour), and Marlon Humphrey as being worthy of the first pick IMO. The DE's at the end of the first round better be damn good to pass up on this kind of talent. This Conley incident throws a big wrench into the back end of the round on Thursday.

Gaede

Reaction score
Im with you. Not a fan of the player. I see him getting abused. Then being a guy that in three years fans on other teams message boards start threads title " Cowboys cut former 1st King: Bring him in?" Followed by string response's like " God no" and "dude"

Yeah, he looks better than he plays