Matt Rhule refuses to even meet with Browns

DFWJC

Reaction score
As was mentioned in an earlier thread, although Cleveland has a fairly talented roster, there will be some coaches that want no part of that situation.

They fire coaches after 1 year and GMs not much longer than that.

But whoever finally right's the ship will be a hero.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As was mentioned in an earlier thread, although Cleveland has a fairly talented roster, there will be some coaches that want no part of that situation.

They fire coaches after 1 year and GMs after not longer than that.

But whoever finally right's the ship will be a hero.
The Kitchens hire was just turrible.

superonyx

Reaction score
I read an article where he says its very difficult to uproot all of the coaches and families to move them to another town.
I can understand and respect him for thinking about his entire team of coaches.
I actually have a ton more respect for him after hearing him think about everyone else and not just himself.

That rules out the Giants also. He may be interested in the Cowboys or he seems happy to be working with his crew in college.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe he’s got a verbal agreement with Jerry and that’s why he won’t meet with the Browns.
Doubt it. Rhule right seems like a guy content to stay at Baylor, but is open to certain jobs( Giants, Carolina have been mentioned)

If we have a verbal agreement with anyone, its probably Meyer. But I doubt that as well

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I read an article where he says its very difficult to uproot all of the coaches and families to move them to another town.
I actually have a ton more respect for him after hearing him think about everyone else and not just himself.

That rules out the Giants also. He may be interested in the Cowboys or he seems happy to be working with his crew in college.

No college coach takes his entire staff. That's ridiculous.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Still don't understand the mindset of making Kitchens the HC when Williams seemed to be the one who got the team playing at a higher level.

Might be the dumbest franchise in all of sports.
IKR, they were playing so good and almost made playoffs. Then blowed it all up for a new staff and sucked. It’s kinda like something JJ would do.

conner01

Reaction score

Jerry can fly him home each night

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They’ve turned into the New York Knicks of the NFL. Truly a QB and coach graveyard

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Still don't understand the mindset of making Kitchens the HC when Williams seemed to be the one who got the team playing at a higher level.

Might be the dumbest franchise in all of sports.
Pretty solid point.

Plankton

Reaction score
Why would he meet with the Browns? Haslam is hands down the worst owner in football - he makes Snyder look competent and Jones like a football savant.