Matt Rhule refuses to even meet with Browns

HungryLion

Reaction score
I read an article where he says its very difficult to uproot all of the coaches and families to move them to another town.
I can understand and respect him for thinking about his entire team of coaches.
I actually have a ton more respect for him after hearing him think about everyone else and not just himself.

That rules out the Giants also. He may be interested in the Cowboys or he seems happy to be working with his crew in college.

I saw Rhule’s comments about uprooting his family, etc.

however, and correct me if I’m wrong since I don’t live in Texas. But isn’t Baylor close to Dallas? Depending where Rhule currently lives. He could take the Cowboys job and not have to move at all.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
I read an article where he says its very difficult to uproot all of the coaches and families to move them to another town.
I actually have a ton more respect for him after hearing him think about everyone else and not just himself.

That rules out the Giants also. He may be interested in the Cowboys or he seems happy to be working with his crew in college.

It's concerning he, or any college coach, would want to bring a bunch of his college coaches with him to the NFL. There is just such a gigantic difference. Meyer has been gone for two years and doesn't have any allegiance to a college staff, meaning he might hire NFL guys.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Truthfully, I just don't see any college coach current/retired taking over an NFL team. It's quite a rarity.

Valkyr

Reaction score
They turn over their front office and coaches more than they change their underwear.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Still don't understand the mindset of making Kitchens the HC when Williams seemed to be the one who got the team playing at a higher level.

Might be the dumbest franchise in all of sports.
Lets let this Carrot situation play out before we jump to conclusions about who is the dumbest franchise in all of sports.

garyv

Reaction score

Rhule sounds kind of cocky since he has done very little especially at the NFL level and even in College okkkkk he turned a 1-11 Baylor team around for last couple of years. Its not like hes Nick Saban or even Urban Meyer.

superonyx

Reaction score
Rhule sounds kind of cocky since he has done very little especially at the NFL level and even in College okkkkk he turned a 1-11 Baylor team around for last couple of years. Its not like hes Nick Saban or even Urban Meyer.
It didn't sound cocky when he said he talked to everyone out of respect. He is happy. He said sometimes you don't mess with happy. He likes his job and his life. Nothing cocky about that. Some people don't want what you want.

garyv

Reaction score
It didn't sound cocky when he said he talked to everyone out of respect. He is happy. He said sometimes you don't mess with happy. He likes his job and his life. Nothing cocky about that. Some people don't want what you want.

Well personally he can stay at Baylor and keep working his way up

garyv

Reaction score
I saw Rhule’s comments about uprooting his family, etc.

however, and correct me if I’m wrong since I don’t live in Texas. But isn’t Baylor close to Dallas? Depending where Rhule currently lives. He could take the Cowboys job and not have to move at all.

Waco to Dallas not very far at all

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Go from hero at Baylor to having your rep destroyed unless you have some Bill Belichick turnaround? Seems like an easy choice.

Adreme

Reaction score
I would not meet with the Browns either with their record of burning through coaches and in many cases not even giving them a chance to succeed. Even the coach considered the greatest of all time could not coach the Browns.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Rhule might just stay at Baylor. Can pay him a boatload, less drivel to deal with, more job security.

Sounds like he's happy where's he's at. Can't blame him. He knows that if he leaves he will probably never get that back. If he's smart he'll use the NFL interest in him for a big payday where he's already at...