Matt Ryan?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd pass. Roll with what you've got unless you want to acquire a defensive piece that is controllable for multiple years.

No need to give up draft picks for a hail Mary shot to win a post season game this year.

If this defense improves we have a shot with dalton. If not then Matt Ryan isn't going to save anything.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If I had to have a Matt here, it's be Stafford.
Can't begin to imagine how much fun he'd have with an actual running back and these three WRs.
But he too is past his prime and expensive.
^^agree. I see the team and system fit. I think he would be the short term answer for the next 3 years. We would be highly competitive.He has never had a wr corp like we do,nor the running game.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
Ryan is just Dalton in a dome, a wise man once said.

It would be so bizarre to see MM coaching Stafford.
Almost as weird as when Favre became a Vike.

conner01

Reaction score
Ryan has a 41m and 42m cap hit in 2021 and 2022, even if we wanted to we can't afford that kind of hit
It’s not even possible
After 2022 they will part with him probably just because he will be older
But many times these fantasy trades lack any in-depth thinking about cap ramifications

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Yeah yeah cowboys fans are always "done".

Never said I was done, but at this point what’s the point. Most valuable franchise in the world that hasn’t won a thing in 25 yrs. and it’s just gonna keep going like that until we get ALL the bounces and calls or Jerry stops making $$$$. I’ve taken a liking to the Chargers. You know. The team nobody wants.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stafford would be great here. I see the fit. This is a case where a team change benefits the player on the field. Stafford doesnt look thrilled up in Detroit. He would welcome the move I think.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
Never said I was done, but at this point what’s the point. Most valuable franchise in the world that hasn’t won a thing in 25 yrs. and it’s just gonna keep going like that until we get ALL the bounces and calls or Jerry stops making $$$$. I’ve taken a liking to the Chargers. You know. The team nobody wants.
If winning nothing for a while is too much for you, you will not like the Chargers after the honeymoon period ends

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is my guy. I want him here. But for 1 second, look at it from a logic point of view. This league is all about dollars and cents. Does it make any sense to pay a guy 40 mil coming off of a devastating injury at such an important position? Food for thought at least. We can have this debate.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If winning nothing for a while is too much for you, you will not like the Chargers after the honeymoon period ends

It’s not the lack of winning been a fan since 83. It’s the facade of success and glamor. Being a cowboy fans these days is such a hollow experience. We are no longer America’s team we are corporate americas team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stafford CLEARLY would only be a patchwork temp fix at QB if we didnt have Dak. I said this already for the record. We need to keep Dak, if all things are equal.That is my preference as a fan since 1973.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is my guy. I want him here. But for 1 second, look at it from a logic point of view. This league is all about dollars and cents. Does it make any sense to pay a guy 40 mil coming off of a devastating injury at such an important position? Food for thought at least. We can have this debate.
I’m just saying it will snow in Dallas in July before Matt Ryan is a Cowboy. Ryan still an excellent QB. But he’s not what this team needs now. If we want to look at picking up some OL or DL help, I’m listening. Matt Ryan? I just don’t see that as a serious proposition.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THIS..factoid...if we keep Dak, he will command around 40 mil per long term. If we Tag him again I think it will be just under 40. I am no capologist, but that just doesn't jive with fitting everyone under the cap. Only way that works is if we trade guys for picks and rebuild totally. Team has a choice..either do a sign and trade or Tag him...OR LASTLY, roll the dice that he will remain healthy, sign him long term.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’m just saying it will snow in Dallas in July before Matt Ryan is a Cowboy. Ryan still an excellent QB. But he’s not what this team needs now. If we want to look at picking up some OL or DL help, I’m listening. Matt Ryan? I just don’t see that as a serious proposition.
OH GAWD. I agree!!! Not a Ryan fan. I am talkin about Stafford. Ryan is a statue and on his last legs. PASS on him.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Ryan has a 41m and 42m cap hit in 2021 and 2022, even if we wanted to we can't afford that kind of hit
That's not how the cap works. Atlanta would still be on the hook for restructure and signing bonus

Whoever got him in a trade would only be on the hook for the base rate which is only about 60 million total for the next 3 years. The roster and team option would get thrown out and atlanta would be on the hook for signing bonus + restructure