Matt Ryan?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
What do you want a message board to talk about during the middle of the week? It's either whining, jokes or armchair GM stuff. I'm serious, what would you prefer we talk about? There's not constant drama regarding coaches and conferences and recruiting and all of that like in CFB.

How about discussing how your actual team played last week and what you expect for this week's game. How about discussing when injured players will be back and what it will mean when they do come back. But no some would rather play wannabe GM and talk about rumors that are extremely unlikely to happen and how to obtain these rumored players none of which will ever happen.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
That's not how the cap works. Atlanta would still be on the hook for restructure and signing bonus

Whoever got him in a trade would only be on the hook for the base rate which is only about 60 million total for the next 3 years. The roster and team option would get thrown out and atlanta would be on the hook for signing bonus + restructure

Yes you are correct i forgot about that

Tussinman

Reaction score
Yes you are correct i forgot about that
Yeah it would actually be decent for both parties. Rookie QB plus dead money would actually be a little cheaper the first two years and then way cheaper the last three. Team who gets him in a trade gets basically 3 years for 60 million which is pretty good

Flamma

Reaction score

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If they want to tank they could still do it. The dead cap would be all on Atlanta. The actual cap hit for the team that he's traded to would be pretty low.

Do you actually think a team would trade for his contract????? I don't see that at all ........he's 35. But I see what you're saying about the cap issues. So I guess they could release him.....

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Do you actually think a team would trade for his contract????? I don't see that at all ........he's 35. But I see what you're saying about the cap issues. So I guess they could release him.....

There is less than a zero chance that the falcons would release Ryan and have to eat all the dead money.

Flamma

Reaction score

No. What I am saying is a team could trade for his contract since it would be Atlanta paying most of the bill. The cap hit and dead cap would be Atlanta's. The Team that got him would only have to pay his salary for the year. A great deal for them. They wouldn't have the 40+ million dollar cap hit.