Matt Ryan?

Swanny

Reaction score
No. The Cowboys are not gonna win a superbowl with Matt Ryan. So 100% hard pass.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Here's Ryan's contract........$41M dead cap for 2021. In other words, Blank can bark all he wants but Ryan isn't going anywhere for at least a couple years

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/matt-ryan-3983
They would spread that hit over 2 years

Fields or Lawrence + the cap hit would still be a little cheaper than keeping him. Not that I think it would happen but then again it's not often this franchise has this opportunity

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Been flirting with abandoning my fandom, but old habits die hard. I think Matt Ryan starting in Dallas would be the straw that broke my camels back.

Why would an NFL MVP QB starting in Dallas make you abandon your fandom?

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
if he gets released after the season...as our #2 behind Dak...then yes...
because Dalton will cash in our Super Bowl LV(E) championship for a QB1 gig.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
It’s not the lack of winning been a fan since 83. It’s the facade of success and glamor. Being a cowboy fans these days is such a hollow experience. We are no longer America’s team we are corporate americas team.
If corporate stuff bothers you, you will not find any team in professional sports to rally behind.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OH GAWD. I agree!!! Not a Ryan fan. I am talkin about Stafford. Ryan is a statue and on his last legs. PASS on him.
I hear you brother. Honestly, at this point, this team’s personnel needs are so varied, QB is not the thing I’m worried about. We could put a young Roger Staubach on this team and that wouldn’t fix the gaping holes this team has on both sides of the ball. We need a LT, perhaps a G, perhaps a TE, definitely need some major help at DT or 3 tech, whatever it’s called nowadays, we are going to need help at LB and S, and probably Corner. All those positions- especially on defense are huge, gaping holes. Until those are addressed, Superman could be playing QB and we might still be 7-9 or worse.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
We don't need any more people on the offensive side of the ball! This feels like a 7-9 saints year.
Wish McCoy had worked out.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Sounds like Ryan may be on the trade block. Should we go after him? Lets Discuss

When is it ever going to stop where fans playing wannabe GM here a rumor no matter how much the rumor is likely false or see some recognizable name available and immediately jump in with should the Cowboys go after this player. What makes it worse is there are some that jump in with discussions on this and get so serious about it

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The guy who over threw his WR in the endzone on 4th & goal in the NFC championship game in Philly?! :rolleyes:

What's funny? Atlanta gave Ryan a huge contract just weeks after that game. He hasn't been the same since! Touche'

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
When is it ever going to stop where fans playing wannabe GM here a rumor no matter how much the rumor is likely false or see some recognizable name available and immediately jump in with should the Cowboys go after this player. What makes it worse is there are some that jump in with discussions on this and get so serious about it
What do you want a message board to talk about during the middle of the week? It's either whining, jokes or armchair GM stuff. I'm serious, what would you prefer we talk about? There's not constant drama regarding coaches and conferences and recruiting and all of that like in CFB.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Just heard it on Boston Radio, not anything certain, but Arthur Blank said that he is not adverse in trading Ryan if thats what the football people want to do. He just fired Dan Quinn.

Yes and the head coach and GM have ZERO, NADA, ZIP affect on their cap, trading Ryan would be putting a ton of dead money on their cap.

Nexx

Reaction score
no thank you. hes the most overrated fraud of a QB. hes no better than Romo yet he gets some much less hate and more love even though hes won nothing. all i hear are excuses for him and hes never held accountable.

J12B

Reaction score