Matt Weletzko

The Realist

Reaction score
Might be the most important below the radar pick from this draft. If he can develop into the starting LT 2 years from now it allows us to keep Smith inside at LG where he has elite traits. We have a long history of turning college LT’s into good/elite OG’s. I would love to be able to keep Smith inside.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Might be the most important below the radar pick from this draft. If he can develop into the starting LT 2 years from now it allows us to keep Smith inside at LG where he has elite traits. We have a long history of turning college LT’s into good/elite OG’s. I would love to be able to keep Smith inside.
Long term I might favor RT for Smith. Its become a more important position pass pro wise than it was in the past, and its still a very important run blocking position. Teams spend top 10 picks on RT's nowadays.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We are in transition at the position, Collins is already gone and Tyron probably play another 1-2 seasons. We now have Steele who will be a fa after the season, Ball, Wel and Tyler Smith. Let's hope our long-term starters at the position are already on the roster.

DanA

Reaction score

The irony of your name does not go unnoticed.

J-man

Reaction score
I like the pick a lot. I think he has the tools needed to be a starting OT in the league, if he gets some coaching and gains some strength.
Between him and Smith we could have our OT's of the future on the team now. Both have the physical tools in place. They both need coaching and time. A year inside at LG for Smith and a year as a back up swing for the big Wall (you heard it here first lol) should do them both wonders.

The Realist

Reaction score
I like the pick a lot. I think he has the tools needed to be a starting OT in the league, if he gets some coaching and gains some strength.
Between him and Smith we could have our OT's of the future on the team now. Both have the physical tools in place. They both need coaching and time. A year inside at LG for Smith and a year as a back up swing for the big Wall (you heard it here first lol) should do them both wonders.

He has LA’s number and elite physical traits for an OT. Leave him at LG forever.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dare Rosenthal.

Too late.

Falcons signed him already.

6'7'', 325, athletic and strong.. Fastest 40 in this year's class of linemen.

He's very much like Tyler Smith.

Would have been a great prospect, better than Waletzko, imo, at swing tackle, eventually has the tools to take over for Tyron. He'll eventually start for Falcons, I'd bet.

Dare Rosenthal to Atlanta Falcons: NFL undrafted free agents 2022 - A Sea Of Blue
Rosenthal would have been a good udfa signing.

He has similarities to Weletzko but not to Tyler Smith.