Matt Weletzko

The Realist

Reaction score
He was a starter at LT. That's normally the best OL on the team...

He transferred due to butting heads with the coach at LSU.

If he was the best OL on the team who are Luke Fowler and Darian Kinnard?

quickccc

Reaction score
Long term I might favor RT for Smith. Its become a more important position pass pro wise than it was in the past, and its still a very important run blocking position. Teams spend top 10 picks on RT's nowadays.

Such as what past NFL teams in the top 10 overall ?

quickccc

Reaction score
Dare Rosenthal.

Too late.

Falcons signed him already.

6'7'', 325, athletic and strong.. Fastest 40 in this year's class of linemen.

He's very much like Tyler Smith.

Would have been a great prospect, better than Waletzko, imo, at swing tackle, eventually has the tools to take over for Tyron. He'll eventually start for Falcons, I'd bet.

Dare Rosenthal to Atlanta Falcons: NFL undrafted free agents 2022 - A Sea Of Blue

Maybe a better workout measurement guy than Waletzko, but maybe it was something physicality and aggression wise that the Cowboys really liked about Waletzko ?
And it would also make me wonder why would a guy with such physical measurements with Dare Rosenthal, ..ended up going undrafted ?

Was he a guy that looked like Tarzan ... but ended up playing like Jane ?

The Realist

Reaction score

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he was the best OL on the team who are Luke Fowler and Darian Kinnard?
Dare Rosenthal was not drafted due to character and injury question marks.
- He played LT and Kinnard played RT.
- If Kinnard was clearly better, he would have played the premium position of LT.

Who is Luke 'Fowler' ?...

The Realist

Reaction score
Dare Rosenthal was not drafted due to character and injury question marks.
- He played LT and Kinnard played RT.
- If Kinnard was clearly better, he would have played the premium position of LT.

Who is Luke 'Fowler' ?...

Your logic is absolutely horrendous. LA did not play LT for the Cowboys therefore the LT was a better player. Martin plays RG therefor Steele is better. Zion played LG at BC therefor the LT is better.

Luke Fowler is me messing up Luke Fortner’s name. He’s the Kentucky G/C drafted in the 3rd round. By the way Rosenthal is better than Fortner because he played LT….at 290 I might add.

JBS

Reaction score
Getting our franchise LT out of North Dakota in the 5th round?

Relax. Be happy if he makes the team.
How’s he not going to make the team?

He can legit murder somebody and he wouldn’t be cut.

The Realist

Reaction score

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Sounds like in CB terms he’s a 160 pound Kelvin Joseph. I can’t believe he didn’t get drafted.

He's definitely a good athlete. He's signed with the Falcons. He's raw from a technique standpoint. But very strong, and mean.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Maybe a better workout measurement guy than Waletzko, but maybe it was something physicality and aggression wise that the Cowboys really liked about Waletzko ?
And it would also make me wonder why would a guy with such physical measurements with Dare Rosenthal, ..ended up going undrafted ?

Was he a guy that looked like Tarzan ... but ended up playing like Jane ?

No, not at all, player plays well. Like someone said, he did transfer to Kentucky from LSU after a disagreement with the coach at LSU.

Your logic is absolutely horrendous. LA did not play LT for the Cowboys therefore the LT was a better player. Martin plays RG therefor Steele is better. Zion played LG at BC therefor the LT is better.

Luke Fowler is me messing up Luke Fortner’s name. He’s the Kentucky G/C drafted in the 3rd round. By the way Rosenthal is better than Fortner because he played LT….at 290 I might add.

His logic is on here. He was LT, because he was so physically gifted, from an athletic standpoint. If that weren't the case, he'd likely be at RT. And Rosenthal actually played at 325.. He dropped 35 lbs for the combine.

Ran the fastest 40 time of all offensive linemen, or at least as far as tackles. Dude is a stud.

I think definitely a better prospect than Waletzko, if we're talking physical talent. Waletzko beat him on character, I'd suspect. I do see why they took him though. He has some ability I didn't notice at my first look at him.

Here's Rosenthal, though... Personally, I still like him better, and his style would have been a better fit for us. I just think it had to have come down to personality issues. Because the Cowboys should have been on this pick otherwise.

That said, the other teams passed on him as well. Was projected in the 4th by most talent scouts.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
No, not at all, player plays well. Like someone said, he did transfer to Kentucky from LSU after a disagreement with the coach at LSU.

His logic is on here. He was LT, because he was so physically gifted, from an athletic standpoint. If that weren't the case, he'd likely be at RT. And Rosenthal actually played at 325.. He dropped 35 lbs for the combine.

Ran the fastest 40 time of all offensive linemen, or at least as far as tackles. Dude is a stud.

I think definitely a better prospect than Waletzko, if we're talking physical talent. Waletzko beat him on character, I'd suspect. I do see why they took him though. He has some ability I didn't notice at my first look at him.

Here's Rosenthal, though... Personally, I still like him better, and his style would have been a better fit for us. I just think it had to have come down to personality issues. Because the Cowboys should have been on this pick otherwise.

That said, the other teams passed on him as well. Was projected in the 4th by most talent scouts.

A "stud" that went undrafted ?... yeh seems like sumthin' was up..
Ourlads Draft thinks he is the perfect " stash and develop" raw project. Seems like they think he can be Terrence Steele 2.0

The Realist

Reaction score

You do realize a ton of OL would have had better workouts than him if they lost 35 pounds just for the combine?

cowboyec

Reaction score
future looks good with these young...and BIG...ot's.
steele
smith
ball
waletzko

can't for training camp and the pre-season to begin.

sbark

Reaction score
Weletzko and Penning out of same conf, miss valley....

Be interesting to see tape of both against NDSU natty champs
I know Und played Ndsu a lot tougher than Uni...