Twitter: Maurice Canady: There is no comp for Micah Parsons

plymkr

Reaction score
Parsons is just a progress stopper for Jaylon Smith, lol, kidding.

The dude can seriously run a 4.3? Wow, that's insane. I daydream about the idea we may have drafted the next Ray Lewis, or possibly better. I can't wait for the season to start to see this dream come true.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Geez, I hazed a little in college also, I'm certainly glad it didn't ruin my career. We are very lucky as Cowboys fans that he's on the team.
Throw a kid into an environment where he is expected to fit in and what do you expect him to do? If you have ever raised teen agers to adults you know that there aren't very many people on earth as smart as a teenager.

I only hope that Parsons plays every snap close to the line of scrimmage where the opposing QB has to account for where he is at all times.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Remember early draft projections had this kid going what 3rd or 4th overall? He was certainly considered the best defensive prospect but why did he drop? Starting to think maybe they had it right the first time....should have been a top 5 pick.
because he is an LB,those guys have short careers even if they are all pros.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Remember early draft projections had this kid going what 3rd or 4th overall? He was certainly considered the best defensive prospect but why did he drop? Starting to think maybe they had it right the first time....should have been a top 5 pick.

Dallas got lucky, not only did Parsons drop, but the CBs they wanted got taken and they "settled" for Parsons. Best thing that ever happened to them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons is just a progress stopper for Jaylon Smith, lol, kidding.

The dude can seriously run a 4.3? Wow, that's insane. I daydream about the idea we may have drafted the next Ray Lewis, or possibly better. I can't wait for the season to start to see this dream come true.
I think it's 4.39, so really closer to 4.4, but that's still flying for a 250 lb linebacker. But he's playing the middle, so a big key will still be how he does taking on blockers and stuffing the run inside.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

He really didnt drop much. It was just a year where QB's were the craze so it pushed everyone back. Then you had the WR/TE craze. Top 10 picks were almost all offense other than the 2 CB's.

cowboyec

Reaction score
amen.
he will fulfill the legacy of thomas "hollywood" henderson...over a longer period.
what might've been.
we're about to see it.
:starspin:The Lion of Nitnay:starspin:

JBS

Reaction score
I’ve been telling people in here that the Lawrence Taylor comps were inferior to who this guy is..Marcus Canady knows

plymkr

Reaction score
I think it's 4.39, so really closer to 4.4, but that's still flying for a 250 lb linebacker. But he's playing the middle, so a big key will still be how he does taking on blockers and stuffing the run inside.
Yeah he's got a fast motor. I'm excited to see him play. Thx for the info of 4.39. Even 4.4 is really fast for a LB.