Twitter: Maurice Canady: There is no comp for Micah Parsons

SackMaster

Reaction score
Remember early draft projections had this kid going what 3rd or 4th overall? He was certainly considered the best defensive prospect but why did he drop? Starting to think maybe they had it right the first time....should have been a top 5 pick.
In the extremely little bit of pre-draft browsing that I did, Parsons' name came up early and often.

Then he sat out the 2020 season and he kind of faded from the spotlight.

I think the Cowboys could end up being a huge beneficiary from Parsons' sitting out the season, because if he had a junior year like his sophomore year, I believe he would have been a Top-5 pick, if not Top-3.

JMHO

blueblood70

Reaction score
Parsons is just a progress stopper for Jaylon Smith, lol, kidding.

The dude can seriously run a 4.3? Wow, that's insane. I daydream about the idea we may have drafted the next Ray Lewis, or possibly better. I can't wait for the season to start to see this dream come true.
well something like a 4.38 so its exaggerated :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Remember early draft projections had this kid going what 3rd or 4th overall? He was certainly considered the best defensive prospect but why did he drop? Starting to think maybe they had it right the first time....should have been a top 5 pick.
I don’t recall him being that high but the year off from football probably hurt his stock.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
They need to make his jersey available in the limited style already. I dont know if why the Cowboys take so long with their draft picks.

kumizi

Reaction score
because LB is like the 18th most important position in football

erod

Reaction score
The only thing wrong with Parsons is his position. The talent is undeniable. The position doesn't always get the focus on today's NFL.

He seems like Zack Martin in that he's not the name the Cowboys were clamoring for, bit they'll be damn happy they were forced to take him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

The drop was due to two factors- a run on quarterbacks and the fact he opted out of the 2020 season. I think Parsons only started twenty games or so in college. Still, I am excited about his potential and think the Cowboys have the next face of their defense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The drop was due to two factors- a run on quarterbacks and the fact he opted out of the 2020 season. I think Parsons only started twenty games or so in college. Still, I am excited about his potential and think the Cowboys have the next face of their defense.

That just it.......he's only scratching the surface. He'll likely play this season on sheer athletic ability but once he understands the game in another year or two, the sky's the limit.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I don't know man... would it be considered taunting if Parsons wore a royal blue cape with his uni ....to me i think it would be appropriate, but knowing the NFL people. I don't want to mention names......but starts with initials R like in Roger and G like in Goodell. It would probably be frowned upon.