Video: Max Kellerman drops latest update on Dak Prescott's injury

RonWashington

Reaction score
Speaking of TV talking heads NBC took a good pregame Sunday night show with Dungy the coach sharing opinions with Harrison the player and they bring in Chris Simms and some woman I’ve never heard of , it’s painful to watch which is why I don’t .

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score

Good listen. So this game isn't as important as other games later on. Maybe we should rest him another week and let Cooper play. If the Calf isn't 100%, he could damage it more and he'll miss way more games later on.. NFCE isn't coming back on Dallas. Thoughts?

I’m all for resting him this week especially if it can get worse.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Gallup and K. Joseph have had calf strains and they’ve been out for weeks. Don’t wanna sound pessimistic, but I doubt Dak is healed from it. I know QB position doesn’t utilize it as much as WR/CB, however, that does not matter. If he needs to sit for the sake of the future, sit him. I don’t wanna have to play Rush, but maybe, JUST maybe, Zeke, Pollard, the O-line, and the WR’s can step up and win the game without him. Another week of healing will be good.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
No game is any more important than the next. If we lose this week then we might have to win week 17. If we win this week then we might can afford a loss week 17. But this is a very winnable game and all of a sudden if Dak is out then we are far less likely to win this game.

coult44

Reaction score

Good listen. So this game isn't as important as other games later on. Maybe we should rest him another week and let Cooper play. If the Calf isn't 100%, he could damage it more and he'll miss way more games later on.. NFCE isn't coming back on Dallas. Thoughts?

The latest most accurate news came from Jerry at 530AM pacific time on 105.3 on the Oddessey App. Cracks me up Yiu folks who’ll create headlines saying things like “Kellerman” has the latest. Hahah, listen to the men that have the men on who have the real info!!!!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Comparing Gallup's strain, or Martin's strain to Dak's Strain are totally different strains, different positions, different team circumstances. Strain is a vacuous term, but there are degrees of strain that have different time frames which will vary from person to person.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All of you people saying, "if Dak can play he should play" are flat-out crazy. Dak technically "can" play with a tender calf and the warrior in Dak would have him give it a go, risking further injury. The trainers are going to be extremely cautious with Dak in this situation. If he feels anything at all in his calf then they will hold him back. Cooper Rush is fully capable of driving this bus to victory in Minnesota and if necessary when Denver comes to AT&T Stadium. This may sound drastic to some folks but I guarantee it will save the season down the road.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
He has his own opinion which is just the same as ours. We all have one. The team doctors have the final say and if they are ok with it, then i am fine too. Dak needs to play if cleared, no game is less important than the other. Chalk this up as a loss, if Rush is the QB. This team is good, but not good enough to overcome Rush as the QB.
agreed. They could have a defense full of all pros at all 11 positions and still lose 17-3 with Rush at QB.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
All of you people saying, "if Dak can play he should play" are flat-out crazy. Dak technically "can" play with a tender calf and the warrior in Dak would have him give it a go, risking further injury. The trainers are going to be extremely cautious with Dak in this situation. If he feels anything at all in his calf then they will hold him back. Cooper Rush is fully capable of driving this bus to victory in Minnesota and if necessary when Denver comes to AT&T Stadium. This may sound drastic to some folks but I guarantee it will save the season down the road.
No, he is not.

The Cowboys are objectively dead lost with Pooper Flush at QB. He isn't a capable bus driver. He's the type that will throw INTs against zero man coverage because he is frail, weak minded, immobile, and everything that Dak isn't.

That's 100% pure objectivity... zero opinion, just the cold hard facts. You're just being a denialist of truth. Tar and feather time

RoboQB

Reaction score
Cooper Rush is the type of backup capable of a stalled drive or two
while Dak's dropping a deuce in the locker room, with a trainer outside
holding 3-ply TP as backup, just in case.

Rush is not capable of winning a game against a quality team.

So, what I'm saying here is, our backup TP is better than our backup QB.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well if he can't perform and is a detriment, then he should sit. But I think things are getting blown out of proportion and will be all week long for clicks. Remember when he strained a muscle in his shoulder? You would have thought it was amputated the way people acted. And what happened? He was fine.
Exactly

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, he is not.

The Cowboys are objectively dead lost with Pooper Flush at QB. He isn't a capable bus driver. He's the type that will throw INTs against zero man coverage because he is frail, weak minded, immobile, and everything that Dak isn't.

That's 100% pure objectivity... zero opinion, just the cold hard facts. You're just being a denialist of truth. Tar and feather time
Your opinion of Cooper Rush isn't worth an Army cup of joe. Your irrational panick if Cooper Rush plays should not be spread to the other readers here so stop it, man. It's just one game, my friend. If we lose, it's okay, Dak's tender calf gets another week to heal and we all feel better about him starting when the Broncos come to town.

jaybird

Reaction score
Sounds like someone is grabbing for headlines to boost ratings.
Not quite that simple. If theres a signifcant chance the calf can be injured more, and causing long term injury than he needs to let it heal. The QB position is just too crtical.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not quite that simple. If theres a signifcant chance the calf can be injured more, and causing long term injury than he needs to let it heal. The QB position is just too crtical.
Yeah but dak is already out of the boot, he’s had 2 weeks, and jerry literally started out his quote with “we feel really good”.

this seems to be a we just need to avoid a setback situation whereas people are making it seem his status is questionable based on nothing but assumptions.

that to me feels like a story being created around the cowboys to get clicks. As soon as we have something substantial to suggest dak will sit out I’m all for having a 5 minute segment on the topic.

Cydios

Reaction score
The latest most accurate news came from Jerry at 530AM pacific time on 105.3 on the Oddessey App. Cracks me up Yiu folks who’ll create headlines saying things like “Kellerman” has the latest. Hahah, listen to the men that have the men on who have the real info!!!!
Oddly, I didn't name the thread that, but the mods here changed it.