Video: Max Kellerman drops latest update on Dak Prescott's injury

shabazz

Reaction score
It’s nice that Stephen A Smith gave ESPN permission for Max to announce this.

Very benevolent of him

shabazz

Reaction score
Oddly, I didn't name the thread that, but the mods here changed it.

Plus it’s sometimes difficult to fact check these stories yourself when the “journalists” themselves don’t fact check them before “reporting”.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
If he can play. Play.

Doctors and trainers go to school and are trained for literally this, I doubt if he rest one more he will be “clear” of more damage. If he get hurt worse they won’t let him play

If you rest Dak, you rest all banged up players. You aren’t winning / scoring more than 10 with Rush.
Preach!!!!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I think there are two reasons to sit a player: They are hurt so bad that their performance will be worse than the player behind them OR continuing to play will induce such an injury.

Is he really going to aggravate a calf strain?

Just in general, I think casual fans underestimate just how violent the NFL is. Virtually everyone in the league is probably playing with some type of pain. Dak is a warrior and is fully capable of doing so too.

BTW, Minnesota is a good team. Dallas could lose with Dak. Cooper Rush is freaking terrible. Sitting Dak gives you a good chance for a loss and with how LA, TB, GB and Arizona are playing, might significantly hamper your playoff seeding and super bowl chances. This is not a small decision.

If Dallas had a good back up, this would be a different discussion.

BigD_95

Reaction score
If he can play. Play.

Doctors and trainers go to school and are trained for literally this, I doubt if he rest one more he will be “clear” of more damage. If he get hurt worse they won’t let him play

If you rest Dak, you rest all banged up players. You aren’t winning / scoring more than 10 with Rush.

could Will Grier play instead of Rush? I'm not sure who is the #2 since we have Will Grier now - I haven't really heard much

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Your opinion of Cooper Rush isn't worth an Army cup of joe. Your irrational panick if Cooper Rush plays should not be spread to the other readers here so stop it, man. It's just one game, my friend. If we lose, it's okay, Dak's tender calf gets another week to heal and we all feel better about him starting when the Broncos come to town.
No, it's not. It's a conference loss which (a) worsens our tiebreaker status in the conference, and (b) decreases our chance of getting that all-exclusive playoff bye in seeding this year. It's extremely important to avoid the #4 seed in the NFC this year, and the really bad news is there is a 6-0 team and FOUR 5-1 teams in the stacked NFC this year. If we lose we're tied with the Saints at two losses, we fall to that dreaded #4 seed and makes it very difficult to get the #1 seed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, it's not. It's a conference loss which (a) worsens our tiebreaker status in the conference, and (b) decreases our chance of getting that all-exclusive playoff bye in seeding this year. It's extremely important to avoid the #4 seed in the NFC this year, and the really bad news is there is a 6-0 team and FOUR 5-1 teams in the stacked NFC this year. If we lose we're tied with the Saints at two losses, we fall to that dreaded #4 seed and makes it very difficult to get the #1 seed.
What matters most to you? A) One win in Minnesota? or B) Having Dak available after the Minnesota game? These are your option. Dak can not do what he does in games while having this strained calf without making it worse. It is physically impossible. These are the parameters we are operating in reality. You somehow operate in an alternate reality where a strained calf heals in just a couple of weeks and there are no consequences for ignoring reality.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
What matters most to you? A) One win in Minnesota? or B) Having Dak available after the Minnesota game? These are your option. Dak can not do what he does in games while having this strained calf without making it worse. It is physically impossible. These are the parameters we are operating in reality. You somehow operate in an alternate reality where a strained calf heals in just a couple of weeks and there are no consequences for ignoring reality.
The question is: what matters to me more, 6-1 and still competing for the top spot?

I think GB @ Arizona outcome will matter more than we think... and that one's tomorrow night. Either the NFC North falls to a solid 4th place or we have five teams at 6-1. I'm pulling for 'Zona for sure.

5-2 is definitely not ideal in the stacked NFC... we need to compete for a bye, not giving Tom Brady a bye at his age is a big deal, and like I've said many times before #4 seed in the NFC is a death trap seed that no team wants. Hopefully that's Green Bay.

As long as it's not us. But if we punt games because "Dak is only 85% not 100%" the Cowboys could be the #4 seed which guarantees we'll lose in the first two rounds.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The question is: what matters to me more, 6-1 and still competing for the top spot?

I think GB @ Arizona outcome will matter more than we think... and that one's tomorrow night. Either the NFC North falls to a solid 4th place or we have five teams at 6-1. I'm pulling for 'Zona for sure.

5-2 is definitely not ideal in the stacked NFC... we need to compete for a bye, not giving Tom Brady a bye at his age is a big deal, and like I've said many times before #4 seed in the NFC is a death trap seed that no team wants. Hopefully that's Green Bay.

As long as it's not us. But if we punt games because "Dak is only 85% not 100%" the Cowboys could be the #4 seed which guarantees we'll lose in the first two rounds.
You live in a fantasy world where no hard decisions have to be made. With Dak's strained calf, you can forget about getting the 1 seed which is the only seed that gets a bye week in the playoffs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If he's legitimately hurt, you can't play him.
But if you're just scared he might hurt his calf further, you play him.
You can't go through a season playing afraid.
Push all your chips to the table and let

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak is going to play, most likely, because this whole drama is the coaches' idea to keep Minny in the dark about Dak's status!:popcorn:

Recall that McCarthy lately has said that they're very encouraged about Dak's state. Dak will be large and in charge, Sunday night!

Last edited:

willia451

Reaction score
This again?

6cG86Kk.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kellerman is no more connected to the NFL than anyone on this board. I can’t believe ESPN put him on a general sports show instead of a sport-specific show.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Push all your chips to the table and let

I agree with this, that he should sit only if there is a 80 to 100% chance that he'll make the calf injury worse. However, I don't agree with suggestions to sit him just to be extra safe or cautious, if the team doctors and medical staff, believes that he is okay to play and if they clear him to play, knowing that the chance of him making the injury worse is low. Because what's the guarantee that Dak's calf is going to be 100% in one more week, if the belief that Dak shouldn't play until his calf is 100%.

Will anything other than hearing that Dak's calf is 100%, going to have NFL pundits and some fans suggesting that the Cowboys should sit Dak for the Broncos game as well?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Push all your chips to the table and let it ride!

That's what it should have been. Didn't notice I didn't complete the sentence. Doh!