Maybe Garrett would do better if he knew he was on the hot seat

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Italian sub?
I think @CPanther95 is closer to what JG would order. JG looks like a Turkey & Mayo on white bread kinda guy, but the vanilla ice cream might be a little too indulgent. Maybe a plain Greek yogurt with plenty of probiotics or some orange slices his Mom brought him if he was an especially good boy that day.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If TV ratings for Dallas finally drop, Dak keeps regressing, and we don't make the playoffs then Jerry has to get rid of him and start selling his fans some hope again.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Here's a pic of Garrett's hot seat, equipped with full body massager, built in cooler and wi-fi. The only worries he has is what to order for lunch.

massage-chair-500x500.jpg
Ha, this could be an option to my orange bean bag chair.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
For the last 5 years, Garrett has either had an injury as an excuse or followed up a mediocre season with a 12 or 13 win season and a divisional playoff loss which has led to Jerry keeping him, and possibly even justifiably so. However, the way in which we've lost the past 10-12 losses I think has to prompt Jerry to do something after this season if it's anything short of a season where we win at least one playoff game. Jerry is starting to realize he's not going to be around forever, and that he has an ever-shrinking window to make a move at HC and QB to right the ship if he ever hopes to see another Lombardi. There's this big part of me that hopes the Carolina loss was just our usual even numbered year opening loss and we turn it around this week and string together a 12 year season like in 2014 and 2016. Both years we were coming off rough seasons the year before, and both years started off with losses where the team and QB looked and played pretty bad (especially the 2014 opener against San Francisco). Then again, there's this other part of me that hopes if Garrett and Dak don't turn elite this season that we go 1-15, draft a QB, fire Garrett, and still have lots of cap room for a new coach to play with the next 3-4 years. Obviously I am rooting for Dak and even Garrett (he is the head coach of my favorite team after all) and would prefer to see them succeed instead but it seems more and more unlikely the further we get into both of their careers.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Jerry coming out saying Garrett isn't on the hot seat even this year is backfiring....by that I mean that puts Garrett in a no lose situation regardless of how the season unfolds.

Garrett has been coddled by Jerry since day one.......maybe that should change.
The thing of it is.........Garrett is NOT CAPABLE of doing better. I don't doubt he is trying his hardest - the fact of the matter is - he just plain sucks.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Garrett must have something on Jerry. He cuoldnt wait to fire Parcells and Wade.
First I've heard about Bill being fired. In fact Jerry tried to talk him into coming back, and He gave Wade longer than he should have.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Garrett’s are intimately tied to the Jones. As I said multiple times, Jerry has already basically alluded to the fact that 2016 proved to him it’s about the coordinators. So he’s already justified to himself retaining Garrett. He will flip coordinators before he changes HC.

Kind of ironic that Jerry didn’t apply the same logic about coordinators when Wade was coach..

khiladi

Reaction score
First I've heard about Bill being fired. In fact Jerry tried to talk him into coming back, and He gave Wade longer than he should have.

You mean Wade’s three winning seasons and first playoff victory in seventeen years means he gave Wade longer than he should have..

I mean it’s not like in Wade’s last season, Garrett’s offense had 19 TOs in 8 games.. O wait a minute they did... it’s not like a year before Jerry leveraged the draft to bring Roy Williams here to open up Garrett’s ailing offense, which didn’t help. It’s not like Jerry reneged last minute on bringing Dan Reeves here to babysit Jason Garrett as regards running the ball..

Who exactly did Jerry give longer time than he should have?

Billyd

Reaction score
If TV ratings for Dallas finally drop, Dak keeps regressing, and we don't make the playoffs then Jerry has to get rid of him and start selling his fans some hope again.

You must not remember how that went all the way through the nineties until Parcels.

THAT game sunday you can put right on Smith and Collins in the first qtr. DAK DID get sloppy when they opened it up some, but Carolina did a nice job if taking advantage of the offenses mistakes..Conner and Looney has decent games but everybody on the offense played like a team that didnt play together in preseason..Linehan did a good job of play selection and Changeup but fups by the oline pretty much wasted the Cowboys in the first half, and worse had Dak not confident. BLAME Garrett if you like, that is the easiest thing to do..

Aven8

Reaction score
What would Garrett do better at? Clapping faster or harder?

He doesnt actually do anything.
He’s not designing plays. He is calling plays ect.
He can’t do better because Jerry neutered him years ago.

Just wait a minute pal.......the dude can cuss like no one I've seen!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Garrett is not on a hot seat. He sits right on Jerry's lap as a puppet and Jerry pulling all the strings controlling him.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
With Jerry coming out saying Garrett isn't on the hot seat even this year is backfiring....by that I mean that puts Garrett in a no lose situation regardless of how the season unfolds.

Garrett has been coddled by Jerry since day one.......maybe that should change.
Seriously...... do you think any coach doesn’t absolutely do their best? I just think your premise is insane.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is what we are dealing with:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/deep-blue-the-jim-garrett-story-383416

The ascendency of Jason Garrett to the position of head coach of the Dallas Cowboys can be seen as the fulfillment of the dreams and life pursuits of his father Jim Garrett whose passionate approach to football and life resonates in his son’s inspirational coaching style which has greatly impacted the lives of his players and fortune of America’s Team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You must not remember how that went all the way through the nineties until Parcels.

THAT game sunday you can put right on Smith and Collins in the first qtr. DAK DID get sloppy when they opened it up some, but Carolina did a nice job if taking advantage of the offenses mistakes..Conner and Looney has decent games but everybody on the offense played like a team that didnt play together in preseason..Linehan did a good job of play selection and Changeup but fups by the oline pretty much wasted the Cowboys in the first half, and worse had Dak not confident. BLAME Garrett if you like, that is the easiest thing to do..

You just pointed to several mismanagements of the roster but kind of want to ignore Garrett's role in it?