Maybe Garrett would do better if he knew he was on the hot seat

Batman1980

Reaction score
Mo, Gregory, Jaylon. All expensive whiffs. If you miss on a guy, you have to replace that value via FA. I've mentioned it before, but think if we'd taken Fletcher Cox instead of Mo at #6 overall there we'd have won that Dez-Caught-It game in GB in 2014? I do. Or give us pick-your-capable-defender in 2016. We needed one guy to make one play to pull that one out.

It's tough to build a contender. We've done a lot of things right, but we've fallen short. The NFL is all about avoiding the expensive or long-term mistakes. It's what Roseman has done such a great job of for Philly.

Whiffs in the second and third round are killing our top talent and depth. I am now convinced Gregory and Smith are fool's gold. They should be above average to great players but it doesn't really manifest on the field.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Jerry coming out saying Garrett isn't on the hot seat even this year is backfiring....by that I mean that puts Garrett in a no lose situation regardless of how the season unfolds.

Garrett has been coddled by Jerry since day one.......maybe that should change.

Linehan runs the offense.

Marinelli and Kris Richard run the defense.

Stephen Jones and McClay make final roster decisions.

Unless a timeout was the problem, there was nothing Garrett could have done to make game 1 better.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Cowboys made a huge mistake with Dak, they are trying to force him on us, to save face and pride rather than admit they were wrong. That is why we won't go anywhere. This team could truly compete with a franchise, top 12 NLF caliber QB. We would go from a 5-11 to a likely 11-5 team if they found a solid replacement for Dak. Sad but true.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With Jerry coming out saying Garrett isn't on the hot seat even this year is backfiring....by that I mean that puts Garrett in a no lose situation regardless of how the season unfolds.

Garrett has been coddled by Jerry since day one.......maybe that should change.

Garrett is incompetent. That much clear. He has no idea what he is doing. Wont matter if he thinks he will get fired. He would probably get more conservative.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whiffs in the second and third round are killing our top talent and depth. I am now convinced Gregory and Smith are fool's gold. They should be above average to great players but it doesn't really manifest on the field.

Yep, I agree. Those are the Jerry wildcat picks. It's ok if he's taking a shot at Rolando McClain for a one year deal. Different story if you whiff on a high pick. If you do, you have to replace that pick with a player from a lower round or, more likely, free agency. But we don't really do the latter.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Unless a timeout was the problem, there was nothing Garrett could have done to make game 1 better.
Jerry could save himself 5-6M a year to just put a mannequin on the sideline instead of Garrett and get the same effort and production.

Everytime Garrett gets a paycheck he needs to go to jail for theft.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

Well hell, most coaches in the league hold no responsibility. Thanks bro

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Link?....I don't think Parcells was fired, he wanted to get away from our lunatic GM.
Correct...

And why our options are very limited with Jerry.

He’s finally found a puppet he likes and is sticking with. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry could save himself 5-6M a year to just put a mannequin on the sideline instead of Garrett and get the same effort and production.

Everytime Garrett gets a paycheck he needs to go to jail for theft.
I guess it’s all in how you look at it. Personally I think he’s earning every Penney just putting up with it all.

What HC we’d want would pursue this situation?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I really don't think so. If this ends up being a losing season he is 100% gone. Jerry will have to do it.

giphy-downsized.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What head coach would want to earn 6 million dollars a year ?!

lmao . :lmao:
They can earn that anywhere. And not work with our Football Idiot ?

Think about it. Why would anyone worthwhile come here unless they couldn’t land a job elsewhere.

Cowboys are like the Dead End in coaching. lol

Big_D

Reaction score
Nope better to coddle him and not hurt anyone's feelings. Or have the HC feel any pressure. That formula has been working great.

Big_D

Reaction score
Until we hold Jerry accountable. It’s next puppet up.

Your a local, paint a sign and get out there. Start the revolution. Maybe put up a billboard? Nothing fans do at this point will hold Jerry accountable since away team fans are scooping up tickets by the boat load.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
They can earn that anywhere. And not work with our Football Idiot ?

Think about it. Why would anyone worthwhile come here unless they couldn’t land a job elsewhere.

Cowboys are like the Dead End in coaching. lol

It does seem that college coaches earn more, well the top ones anyway.

Nick Saban earned 11 million last year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your a local, paint a sign and get out there. Start the revolution. Maybe put up a billboard? Nothing fans do at this point will hold Jerry accountable since away team fans are scooping up tickets by the boat load.
I’ve done my part . I’ve pulled out tens of thousands dollars of support a year. And influenced thousands others to do the same before stadium was built.

Once the stadium was built and PSL’s sold. Game Over. I waved my white flag years ago and simply watch from a distance.

I’m one of those apathetic fans Jerry has acknowledged but turned a deaf ear to.And others bashed me for calling for a financial boycott. This is it. We’re screwed.