Maybe Nolan isnt the problem

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Its killing me!

I see our DEs again and again and again losing contain. Griffin and DFlaw are prime examples. DFlaw seem to just not care at all.

Like one ex player said these days: dFlaw is the prime example for a player who constantly does things wrong but gets away with a lucky big play here and there. Now the system changed and asks for players who stick to their duty and it shows who really knows how to fullfil it.

There is a reason dFlaw asked to ease the playbook.

I also do not understand all the hate for Poe. I think he is doing his job. He constantly takes on double teams and teams are running away from his side.

Its our end who let the play bounce away from our tackles.

I dont wanna even start to talk about smith. This guy is just bad.

Poe is slow, gets pushed back, jogs through most plays, angers fans by taking a knee during the anthem, and has an 8.5 million dollar contract for two years.

other than that, he’s ok I guess.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
tate
You can easily tell on a play who has contain and who doesn't. D law is a habitual offender of crashing inside. And jaylon is always. and I mean always in the wrong gap. Or getting absolutely blown out of it.

You know what's really funny about what you just said is that many in the sporting world have commented through out Lawrence's career that besides being good at rushing the QB that he also is VERY good at stopping the run. Maybe, just maybe your playing wannabe coach just isn't as good as you think you are. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that those in the sporting world haven't said Lawrence is habitually out of position. Here's a little something else. I'm not a Jaylon Smith fan at all but since the first 5 games the Cowboys were playing with just TWO LB's and in the scheme and the individual alignments in that scheme that you have ZERO first hand knowledge of, what you may say as Smith attacking the wrong gap could in reality be the gap according in the that scheme and alignment he was supposed to attack. Now I'm not saying that none of the players have never been out of position or blown things, in fact I've said all along that because it has happened that it was Nolan's fault for installing a very complicated convoluted defense with no off season and preseason games to do it that hen should have gone with a defense that fits the players instead of a defense where the players had to fit his scheme. It's my opinion that because of this defense the players all to often have to think and then react instead of just reacting. It by no means makes what you say not having any first hand knowledge of this complicated convoluted defense and all the alignments in it to know what all the responsibilities for every player is on every play. It's fruitless to try to discuss this with you because of the ultra enlarged ego you have on your coaching abilities so don't bother to reply because I'll just ignore it.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I've been saying for years, nobody wants to listen
this isn't coaching

I honestly don't know how in the world Worley keeps making his way onto the field like in all seriousness. This dude seriously needs to be behind the bench or on special teams.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
tate

You know what's really funny about what you just said is that many in the sporting world have commented through out Lawrence's career that besides being good at rushing the QB that he also is VERY good at stopping the run. Maybe, just maybe your playing wannabe coach just isn't as good as you think you are. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that those in the sporting world haven't said Lawrence is habitually out of position. Here's a little something else. I'm not a Jaylon Smith fan at all but since the first 5 games the Cowboys were playing with just TWO LB's and in the scheme and the individual alignments in that scheme that you have ZERO first hand knowledge of, what you may say as Smith attacking the wrong gap could in reality be the gap according in the that scheme and alignment he was supposed to attack. Now I'm not saying that none of the players have never been out of position or blown things, in fact I've said all along that because it has happened that it was Nolan's fault for installing a very complicated convoluted defense with no off season and preseason games to do it that hen should have gone with a defense that fits the players instead of a defense where the players had to fit his scheme. It's my opinion that because of this defense the players all to often have to think and then react instead of just reacting. It by no means makes what you say not having any first hand knowledge of this complicated convoluted defense and all the alignments in it to know what all the responsibilities for every player is on every play. It's fruitless to try to discuss this with you because of the ultra enlarged ego you have on your coaching abilities so don't bother to reply because I'll just ignore it.
Im talking about this year. I don't care about how he played years ago. Im saying how he's playing today

jnday

Reaction score
Nolan installed a complicated defense with no personnel that fits it. Keeping defenses simple and placing players in situations that allows them to be successful is apparently something that Nolan doesn’t understand.

Reactions: BAT