Maybe the idea is to get Dak to want out?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Everyone or some are assuming dak wants to stay here, but there is a good chance that he has now decided
that he would be better off elsewhere.
Dak believes in himself so going to a better team,coaches and org, might be appealing to him at present.

I dont think any qb would think they could win in dallas this coming season.Dak is watching this team go to pieces , and knows he
cant win here this season.
So better to request a trade , and get on a better team, and get the 60 mil he wants.

As far as money, I think there are a few teams who would pay dak the money he wants.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone or some are assuming dak wants to stay here, but there is a good chance that he has now decided
Dak believes in himself so going to a better team,coaches and org, might be appealing to him at present.

I dont think any qb would think they could win in dallas this coming season.Dak is watching this team go to pieces , and knows he
So better to request a trade , and get on a better team, and get the 60 mil he wants.

As far as money, I think there are a few teams who would pay dak the money he wants.
Wow coming from you simply WOW....................
Has someone jacked your account?
Hmmmmm

Swagger

Reaction score

Only issue with that is all joking aside...a better team will not want him.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait till he hits the FA market man they will be lucky if they find a team willing to give him 40 million a year for 3 years with only half of that guaranteed.
Dak is ONLY a franchise QB with the sold-out media and the Cowboy fan Homers!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And people downplay it yet since he was resigned he has played on good teams over the past three years hence the regular season success but when he was asked to do some of the heavy lifting in the play offs - e.g., the two games against the 49ers he wasn't able to deliver and came up short.
Well to be fair you cant blame the 3 playoff losses last 3 years solely on dak.
MM and his staff are not good playoff coaches, in fact they are below avg.
Also in those games many players made costly mistakes, and played poorly. Dak did too, but the teams and coaches lost those games,
not just dak.

It was coaching that kept dallas from winning with Romo too.And the jones boys too and their meddling and grocery shopping.

In 2014 dallas had a SB caliber team , but they had a learn on the job HC , and the jones boys, who though marinelli was good DC.
The weakness on that team was the defense and HC , DC. If they had been better that team goes to the SB.
Dallas that year had already beaten seattle, all they had to do was get by GB. GB lost to seattle and they got a crappy denver team in the
SB for a 43-8 win.
Dallas could have beat denver easily.

The seattle GB conf champ game GB should have won but let up and played it safe, and seattle pulls off a miracle comeback.
Guess who the GB HC was ?? Good ol MM !!!!!!!! LOL the guy who is now our HC!

2014 was a golden opportunity for dallas to actually win a SB and because of JG, and marinelli and jones boys, they missed out on that chance.
And I always felt that murray should not have played that game with broken hand, it should have been Randall as the main RB, and maybe use murray
inside the 10.
Coaching has a big effect on a team winning in big games,the jones boys just cant see that, and many fans dont see it either.

Swagger

Reaction score
He wouldn't join the AFC. Realistically only 49ers, Eagles and Lions could be argued to be better than the Cowboys in the NFC in recent years. 49ers don't have a model of paying an average QB elite money, Eagles are rolling with Hurts so it's only the Lions with any potential but it wouldn't make any sense for them to ditch a quarterback who has played better in the play offs.

Sooooo...in reality only weaker teams than the Cowboys would be interested in him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
you dont know that, your opinion of dak and what others think is going to be different.
Dak has never had a good HC.
If you think JG and MM are good HC's , I dont know what to say lol.
Then add in the Jones boys as the FO buying groceries and FA, it is pretty bad
in those areas.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He wouldn't join the AFC. Realistically only 49ers, Eagles and Lions could be argued to be better than the Cowboys in recent years. 49ers don't have a model of paying an average QB elite money, Eagles are rolling with Hurts so it's only the Lions with any potential but it wouldn't make any sense for them tk ditch a quarterback who has played better in the play offs.

Sooooo...in reality only weaker teams than the Cowboys would be interested in him.
Well 2 flaws in what you said,
1. teams that are weaker than cowboys now , would be better if they had Dak.
2. You have to include the AFC teams too that where rogers went, and dallas probably would prefer he went to AFC.

Swagger

Reaction score
you dont know that, your opinion of dak and what others think is going to be different.
Dak has never had a good HC.
If you think JG and MM are good HC's , I dont know what to say lol.
Then add in the Jones boys as the FO buying groceries and FA, it is pretty bad
in those areas.
Which teams do you think would realistically want Prescott in the NFC?

Potentially the Rams I guess if Stafford retires at the end of this season but they haven't been better than the Cowboys past few seasons.

Green Bay roll with Love who completely outplayed Prescott in the play offs.

His market would be very similar to Cousins. Teams on the verge of the play offs not in the play offs.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which teams do you think would realistically want Prescott in the NFC?

Potentially the Rams I guess if Stafford retires at the end of this season but they haven't been better than the Cowboys past few seasons.

Green Bay roll with Love who completely outplayed Prescott in the play offs.

His market would be very similar to Cousins. Teams on the verge of the play offs not in the play offs.
Tell him to name us teams that would give 50+ million a year after the upcoming draft, being that it's not Dak's fault as he's had no coaching or talent around him since 2016.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
With the exodus of players and refusal to embrace free agency for help, it is possible that Dak would want to be traded if he sees that next season will be his worst yet.
If he sees that next season will be a rebuild and he could be exposed, he might be enticed to ask to be traded.
Wouldn't that be great?
Been looking that way for a while now.

IF they're waiting for camp for a new contract for Dak, management is committing to no real money for free agency and Dak looking at playing a year behind a depleted oline with no quality running back.

Not the position you want to be in for a contract year. Take a lot of hits, possibly get injured, and at minimum put a lot of bad tape out there.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I dont think any qb would think they could win in dallas this coming season.Dak is watching this team go to pieces
Not disagreeing, however, to go now Dak would need a team that's interested in winning (in 2024) and who'd be prepared to part with draft capital in a trade.
That's why Dak/France and Jerry are in a game of chicken.
Jerry, hoping a poor 2024 will lower his market value and see a 'reasonable' (length contract).
Dak, hoping his performance (and health), will be viewed in light of a poor roster (not him) ....and a good team will be desperate enough to give him the money (Raiders?).
Dak's in no rush, he gets paid $34m with us in 2024.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
To make him want out they would need to get rid of ceedee, if they did that then I would subscribe to the theory
I don't expect a move like that until *after* the Dak issue is decided.

I like CeeDee, but don't like spending big on WRs. I hope they do shop CeeDee. At least see if someone offers big for him.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been looking that way for a while now.

IF they're waiting for camp for a new contract for Dak, management is committing to no real money for free agency and Dak looking at playing a year behind a depleted oline with no quality running back.

Not the position you want to be in for a contract year. Take a lot of hits, possibly get injured, and at minimum put a lot of bad tape out there.
Deer hunting season starts early this year.........................

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Tell him to name us teams that would give 50+ million a year after the upcoming draft, being that it's not Dak's fault as he's had no coaching or talent around him since 2016.
There is the question as to what's Dak's motivation (money v success).... he may be struggling to find both (ala Cousins).
I'd see Raiders as a fit, especially with the new found interest in LV, but facing the Chiefs twice a year may be a bit intimidating for a player who doesn't court pressure.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A good landing spot for dak: ( this will change after the draft)

Wash
Minn
Chi
Atl
NO
TB
Carolina
Ariz
Seattle
Rams if stafford retires

also if any team has their qb go down in 1st 4 games, they would need a quick qb pickup.
As far as the money goes, dak might take less with another team if he liked the situation there and the HC.

Any of these teams would be much better with dak Possibly, dont have the info to evaluate their coaches or personnel etc

AFC

NE
IND
TENN
RAIDERS
DENVER
--------------
So that is 14 teams Dak could help . 14 that might want him.

Denver , it would depend on what payton wants to do .
Dak would be better than stillwell but dak wants too much for payton probably.

NE might be a good spot or ind has a decent team

but since some of these will draft a QB in 1st , have to wait and see the draft 1st.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is the question as to what's Dak's motivation (money v success).... he may be struggling to find both (ala Cousins).
I'd see Raiders as a fit, especially with the new found interest in LV, but facing the Chiefs twice a year may be a bit intimidating for a player who doesn't court pressure.
Dak in the AFC WEST....................
gjx1b.jpg

Last time he played the Chiefs he managed 3 FG and we lost 19-9.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not disagreeing, however, to go now Dak would need a team that's interested in winning (in 2024) and who'd be prepared to part with draft capital in a trade.
That's why Dak/France and Jerry are in a game of chicken.
Jerry, hoping a poor 2024 will lower his market value and see a 'reasonable' (length contract).
Dak, hoping his performance (and health), will be viewed in light of a poor roster (not him) ....and a good team will be desperate enough to give him the money (Raiders?).
Dak's in no rush, he gets paid $34m with us in 2024.
If we're ready to move on from Dak, I don't know that it would require a *lot* of draft capital to get us to trade him. Just the best we could do. We traded Coop for a 5.
And maybe more than one team would be interested enough to offer more. Teams are desperate for QBs.

Dak may be in a hurry to avoid playing a contract year behind a bad oline without a proven RB.

Also the big jump in the cap this year may mean that the time is now to get a piece of that pie before it's spent on other players. Next year cap increase may not produce the same pot of gold to spread about.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think if we have learned anything about Dak, dude has integrity and drive. If the front office thinks the latest scam being run on him will make him want out, they have vastly underestimated him. I expect him to double down and work even harder. He has motivation to stay. New wife, kid, and a great home to raise his kid. I feel bad for him though. I don't think he will have the pieces around him this year to win. Mostly on defense. They are setting him up to fail, fans be damned. Its the Jerry way.