Maybe the idea is to get Dak to want out?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
So where is the success from the other 22+ years Dak wasn't the quarterback?

Dak isn't Mahomes, but given a FO that is actually active and focused on winning, he certainly would have gotten out of the 2nd round of the playoffs somewhere.

Do you honestly feel Jerry and crew would build a winning team around a new qb after what we've witnessed for 27+ years?
I'll give them 5 years max to get this team to a Super Bowl. Which is the max amount of time they should get after Dak is gone because if he really is the one holding this team back and if everything else about this roster is either in place or almost in place for this franchise to get to their sixth Super Bowl win, then it shouldn't take a prolonged period of time for Jerry and Stephen to have the next QB and this team to be hosting up the Lombardi after they move on from Dak. If they have already put everything else in place organizational wise like some claim they have.

Dak may not be the answer and we are approaching the end of his time as the Cowboys QB I believe. But that doesn't mean I'm completely letting the front office off of the hook when it comes to their role in the Cowboys postseason failures. But there are others who do seem to be placing their faith and trust in this front office and be giving them the benefit of the doubt by insisting they're mostly being held back by Dak or have already put in place a championship winning roster and culture outside of the QB position. So this is why I say it shouldn't take a prolonged amount of time for this franchise to be back in the Super Bowl after Dak is gone. (This again is if the fan theory about him being the main source of the Cowboys issues is true. And if the fan theory about the front office not at all being responsible or in any way at fault for the postseason failures the Cowboys have has since 2016 is true.)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Hey brother, I have not seen you in the Dak extortion thread. Are you tired of posting about that stuff or you just don’t care. You made good points about Watson. Wanted to hear your thoughts.
I thought I posted a little on it.... maybe I wasnt in the thread you are speaking about.

leeblair

Reaction score
so please name the team that doesnt already have a qb that it would better for Dak to move to? You know he has that nice beautiful house in Dallas area, yes? You know he just had ababy, yes? You know he gets tons of endorsements that dry up if he isnt wearing that star on his helmet, yes?

So please, please, please... besides your own desires, start listing the reason Dak would prefer to play for... oh, I dont know, the Bears?
If he realizes the end is near he would want to try to sign elsewhere-anywhere else- while there is still a percieved value.
Once he goes to another team, however, there will be no more illusion. He will be exposed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
With the exodus of players and refusal to embrace free agency for help, it is possible that Dak would want to be traded if he sees that next season will be his worst yet.
If he sees that next season will be a rebuild and he could be exposed, he might be enticed to ask to be traded.
Wouldn't that be great?
Why would he want to be traded when he can walk next year?

Why would he want to go to a team with no draft picks?

Why would he want to help the Cowboys at that point?

bottleKids

Reaction score
With the exodus of players and refusal to embrace free agency for help, it is possible that Dak would want to be traded if he sees that next season will be his worst yet.
If he sees that next season will be a rebuild and he could be exposed, he might be enticed to ask to be traded.
Wouldn't that be great?
No one would be dumb enough to pay him over $60 million... just us. He is not going anywhere, and if he does the Stans that follow will be upset when he 'only" gets 45-50 million a year. They want him to get the biggest bag ever because Dak.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't that be great?
Jerry and Stephen Jones are attempting to outwit a player?

I could write a Pinky and the Brain episode out of this premise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would gather the original what if scenario did not progress past the initial presumption.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They could have just permitted him to seek a trade if that was the case.

leeblair

Reaction score

Maybe he will realize the end in Dallas is upon him, and he needs to find a soft place to land.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If he realizes the end is near he would want to try to sign elsewhere-anywhere else- while there is still a percieved value.
Once he goes to another team, however, there will be no more illusion. He will be exposed.
Turning his back on his teammates would not enhance his reputation. It certainly would not enhance his value. He’s taking the high road. France is infinitely more savvy at this than Stephen Jones. The only person being “exposed” is Jerry Jones. Dak hired a professional. Jerry hired his kid.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you are saying that the team around Dak las season was so amazing and that is why he had 36 TD passes against only 9 picks?

Ive never been a dak fan, ever... but some of you guys and your thoughts on his "Perceived," value is just delusional.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Ok. Keep posting I always enjoy your opinions because you call it down the middle. No agenda.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

I try to be objectove. Reading the posts in here lately is just as insane as the stauff in the real world.

Ive never been a Dak supporter, but to deny how well he played last season (before the playoffs) is just insane.

Yea yea... Im well aware he played like trash against the good teams.