Maybe the idea is to get Dak to want out?

Swagger

Reaction score
A good landing spot for dak: ( this will change after the draft)

Wash
Minn
Chi
Atl
NO
TB
Carolina
Ariz
Seattle

Any of these teams would be much better with dak Possibly, dont have the info to evaluate their coaches or personnel etc

AFC

NE
IND
TENN
RAIDERS
DENVER
--------------
So that is 14 teams Dak could help . 14 that might want him.

Denver , it would depend on what payton wants to do .
Dak would be better than stillwell but dak wants too much for payton probably.

NE might be a good spot or ind has a decent team

but since some of these will draft a QB in 1st , have to wait and see the draft 1st.
And at this current time none of those teams are better than Dallas.

I appreciate it can change but lest we forget the Cowboys have a top 3 defender and WR in the entire league - every team would take both of them. Plus potentially a strong group of corners. Of course the depth of the roster looks depleted at this stage but there's a long time to go until the first game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Here is the problem with that theory.................what if Dak is cleared by the authorities of any wrong doing?

You just gutted your roster for practically no reason.

Now you have a $60 million a year QB with no offensive line or running game...............Do you just say oops, and try to pump up the fans with how good that top 10 pick is going to be?
What if the reason is you don't want to pay Dak?

Does Dak want a contract year with no oline or running game? Likely he would want to avoid that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And at this current time none of those teams are better than Dallas.

I appreciate it can change but lest we forget the Cowboys have a top 3 defender and WR in the entire league - every team would take both of them. Plus potentially a strong group of corners. Of course the depth of the roster looks depleted at this stage but there's a long time to go until the first game.
Agree. I think 1 fatal mistake DQ just made in DC is getting rid of Sam Howell. Hes at least shown he can win. Its high risk when it comes to drafting a boy wonder QB in the draft, especially when its a atop 5 pick. That means hes banking on hitting on a guy. Marcus Mariota will have to maybe drive the bus for a year or 2 first. Seattle will end up starting Howell full time. Thats my prediction. I feel he beats out Geno Smith. Hes better. But yeah, Washington is getting much love right now for winning free agency but look at what they DONT have. They will be a 500 team at best. What they should have done was either stick with Howell or trade a bag of chips to the Bears for Fields. He would have fit in there great in the system. Time will bear this out, that DQ made a mistake at QB. Sometimes its the moves you don't make that are the best ones.DQ will get exposed in 2 years.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There is the question as to what's Dak's motivation (money v success).... he may be struggling to find both (ala Cousins).
When you're a high profile QB, winning does help produce more money in endorsements and post career.

But Dak has seemed more intent on salary.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Jeebus ........ people are desperately searching for the reason behind the Jones's stupidity.

Guys they really just do not know what they are doing, and every few years it snowballs.

No secret plans ......... no genius behind the curtain manipulating the team.

Just dumb billionaires in over their head.

Simple.
For all of these theories about the Stephen and Jerry intentionally not doing anything in free agency or purposefully having a lackluster offseason by making the roster worse to be true, then we would see them start to get aggressive or at least more active than usual in free agency as soon as Dak leaves. If the Cowboys draft a new rookie QB and we don't see the front office going all in at least within the first 2 or 3 seasons of the new QB's rookie contract. Then Cowboys fans just have to come to the grips of reality that we're never going to have a front office who are like other GMs and never will have a front office who views going "all in" in the same manner we as fans view it.

But some are desperate right now and need something to feel optimistic about when it comes to the future of this franchise. And all they have right now is to hope that the Joneses are intentionally being inactive in free agency or intentionally trying to make the roster worse as some way to make Dak leave. They have to cling to hopes and dreams of Jerry and Stephen becoming more like Howie Roseman when it comes to how they'll build and construct the Cowboys roster for the next QB who comes along.

visionary

Reaction score
With the exodus of players and refusal to embrace free agency for help, it is possible that Dak would want to be traded if he sees that next season will be his worst yet.
If he sees that next season will be a rebuild and he could be exposed, he might be enticed to ask to be traded.
Wouldn't that be great?
I sure hope it is. Dak demanding a trade would be best case for us but i doubt it happens

these idiots wouldnt know a good football decision if it hit them in the face and make no mistake that Dak is a company man through and through and his first priority (just like the Joneses) is money. He probably makes more in endorsements than salary because he is the QB of the Cowboys. He also knows inside that he is mediocre and is never winning a SB. There is no way he leaves this money printing franchise that has a long history of paying top dollar for mediocrity. The Joneses and Dak are 2 peas in a pod.

Watch him take a “team friendly” 59 million/y deal structured in a way the Cowboys can sell it as the team won and Dak took “a lesser team friendly deal”

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What if the reason is you don't want to pay Dak?

Does Dak want a contract year with no oline or running game? Likely he would want to avoid that.
It would be an interesting scenario if, by the of October, Dak was in full 'January' form.
What the options for both Dak and Jerry would be.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
With the exodus of players and refusal to embrace free agency for help, it is possible that Dak would want to be traded if he sees that next season will be his worst yet.
If he sees that next season will be a rebuild and he could be exposed, he might be enticed to ask to be traded.
Wouldn't that be great?
I would be shocked if Jerry ever pays Dak one more penny than he has to.

Jerry will honor the contract.

Then out.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
For all of these theories about the Stephen and Jerry intentionally not doing anything in free agency or purposefully having a lackluster offseason by making the roster worse to be true, then we would see them start to get aggressive or at least more active than usual in free agency as soon as Dak leaves. If the Cowboys draft a new rookie QB and we don't see the front office going all in at least within the first 2 or 3 seasons of the new QB's rookie contract. Then Cowboys fans just have to come to the grips of reality that we're never going to have a front office who are like other GMs and never will have a front office who views going "all in" in the same manner we as fans view it.

But some are desperate right now and need something to feel optimistic about when it comes to the future of this franchise. And all they have right now is to hope that the Joneses are intentionally being inactive in free agency or intentionally trying to make the roster worse as some way to make Dak leave. They have to cling to hopes and dreams of Jerry and Stephen becoming more like Howie Roseman when it comes to how they'll build and construct the Cowboys roster for the next QB who comes along.
Whatever Dak is worth he, and his agent, know he’s worth more to a team if he’s a free agent. Not having to compensate Dallas to acquire him makes him more valuable to any team. Sans a very lucrative contract, now, from Dallas Dak’s best situation starts with becoming a free agent. He has nothing to lose by being available to all 32 NFL franchises. Some team is going to pay him a lot of money.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wow coming from you simply WOW....................
Has someone jacked your account?
Hmmmmm
No lol I am just being fair.
If teams want cousins, they could want dak too, and with jerry decimating the team he might want out.
Coaching does factor in to how good a qb can do.
I dont think the new offense MM came up with fit dak or the other players.

I still want a new qb, but more than that I want a New HC. And that isnt zimmer.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think if we have learned anything about Dak, dude has integrity and drive. If the front office thinks the latest scam being run on him will make him want out, they have vastly underestimated him. I expect him to double down and work even harder. He has motivation to stay. New wife, kid, and a great home to raise his kid. I feel bad for him though. I don't think he will have the pieces around him this year to win. Mostly on defense. They are setting him up to fail, fans be damned. Its the Jerry way.
Dak can keep his house and live here lol. It is probably paid for, and he could easily afford to rent or buy one wherever he played.
If you dont know dak personally you cant vouch for his integrity.
The girl who sued, maybe there is something to that and maybe not.
At first he didnt know her, then said he was there lol.

What the jones boys are doing who knows. All I can do is read between the lines.

kevm3

Reaction score
I spent thirteen years being hated while trying to tell people what a mistake Jason Garrett was, and now I am hated for trying to tell people the truth about Dak.
It would be easier if the so-called fans who are really just fans of Dak would want out, but they won't leave until he does.
So, hopefully that day is coming.
So where is the success from the other 22+ years Dak wasn't the quarterback?

Dak isn't Mahomes, but given a FO that is actually active and focused on winning, he certainly would have gotten out of the 2nd round of the playoffs somewhere.

Do you honestly feel Jerry and crew would build a winning team around a new qb after what we've witnessed for 27+ years?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Wouldn't that be great?
so please name the team that doesnt already have a qb that it would better for Dak to move to? You know he has that nice beautiful house in Dallas area, yes? You know he just had ababy, yes? You know he gets tons of endorsements that dry up if he isnt wearing that star on his helmet, yes?

So please, please, please... besides your own desires, start listing the reason Dak would prefer to play for... oh, I dont know, the Bears?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, but everyone has a price that you would trade them for right?

Everything hypothetical but what if you got a first this year and next, plus a 2nd?

Again, super hypothetical but imagine getting rid of dak and ending up with some high extra picks and just start over with a qb and reciver in the draft, take the dollars saved and use it on other spots…
yea... we could get a high draft pick and follow in the footsteps of all the others. Like the Cards (who drafted high 2 years and a row and struck out both times) the bears, the ... on and on and on it goes. smh

Reid1boys

Reaction score
CeeDee doesn't need Dak. He deserves to play with a real quarterback.
bahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha.... Cee Dee probably never matches last seasons's numbers again in his career...... and put him with 3/4 of the other qbs in the league and his numbers drop drastically.

Justin Jefferson's numbers have been pretty good, and according to you, hes never played with a "Real," qb.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
he shouldnt.... but you are probably right.
Hey brother, I have not seen you in the Dak extortion thread. Are you tired of posting about that stuff or you just don’t care. You made good points about Watson. Wanted to hear your thoughts.