Mazi and Schoonmaker have shoulder surgery

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
Mazi has to get better fast, we have some players at TE, Stephens is coming back he seem to be good receiving TE
I hope so as well just not holding my breath. We need a quality DT in the worst way.
Ya Schoonmaker likely doesn’t make a difference healthy or not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why do players wait so long to have surgery in the offseason???
I don't know doctor let me explain how it's worked for most people who have injuries they first go to rehab they're first looked at by a doctor they say it may heal on its own if the progress isn't there then they schedule surgery they don't immediately schedule surgery for every nick and Ding a guy has at the end of a season... It's when they realize it's not gonna heal on with rehab then they scheduled the surgery I imagine that's how it works for real athletes but that's how it works in the real world as well they might give you a cortisone shot and a thing to do in rehab and then you come revisit the doctor if he feels it's not healing then they schedule surgery..... Either way if you're ready for training camp why is everyone crying they're for sure gonna be ready for the season none of these seem to be holding these guys back they might have been just clean ups ie scopes...

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Why didn't we hear anything about these injuries before? I never understood the Schoonmaker pick and its looking like the entire '23 draft was a bust. Mazi wasn't playing well before the surgery. Also if its to repair a labrum, forget that 4-6 months. Its more like 9 months and really a year or two before it feels better and that's if there's no nerve damage. This will kill Mazi with Dallas, he needed to learn this offseason how to fire off the ball and learn what he's doing. I had this as his last year with Dallas if he doesn't show something. I guess they'll give him a 3rd year now. So best case scenario he starts to play well in a contract year. That's a good way to get around the rookie contract.

Motorola

Reaction score

Cant make this up.

"Bad luck fellas [Cowboys], got a hold on you"
"Bad luck (that's what you've got, that's what you've got) yeah"
-----Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes, 1974

Last edited:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Who cares about Mazi? He's a straight bust, no different than rolling with some guy off the street, which I'm guessing is what we'll see a lot of this year.

J12B

Reaction score
It's so smart that they waited 2 and half months to have their surgeries.

Extremely efficient.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's so smart that they waited 2 and half months to have their surgeries.

Extremely efficient.
It's so smart to not read when the surgeries were done and comment incorrectly.

75boyz

Reaction score
Hopefully the surgeon uses bionic parts on the both of 'em. Make 'em better, faster, stronger.

kevm3

Reaction score
If I'm Dak, I rescind that no-trade clause and find my way out of here pronto. This is looking like a historically bad year and no way I risk getting injured with all the holes in that O-line.

Hardline

Reaction score

Hopefully the surgeon uses bionic parts on the both of 'em. Make 'em better, faster, stronger.
zi70i.gif

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Way too early to give up on Mazi. He was known to be a bit of a project coming in, and rookie DT's often don't make instant impact.

Maybe Zimmer can find a way to use him correctly. Not that Quinn didn't, but the weight loss last year was weird for a player whose game is based on size and power.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I’m hearing Matt Johnson will be ready for training camp as well. Finally completed his rehab. We are definitely getting better.

Motorola

Reaction score
I wasn't a fan ofLee Majors in that show - and the series overall (recall probably watching no more than four episodes from beginning to end) - although it was a "Hollywoodesce" precursor to was is now what modern scienc eand medicine has become in real life since that 1970s show.
Same opinion goes for his stint in "The Fall Guy".
Majors' breakout role in "The Big Valley" ... liked that.