Mazi and Schoonmaker have shoulder surgery

rambo2

Reaction score
Why did they wait this long?

Missing OTAs and off-season program is a big deal for a couple of guys that were complete busts their rookie years.
Who said they waited long? The doctor knows what he is doing.

rambo2

Reaction score
This is such incredibly bad reporting. How bad were the injuries? What kind of surgery did they have? Why wasn't surgery done a month (or longer) ago?
It was done over a month ago for Mazi and may have been for Schoonmaker as well.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And they waited 2 months after the season to have the procedure? Hmmmm :huh:

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm not sure WHEN they had the surgeries but I wouldn't be surprised that they waited the obligatory "Cowboys 60 days for the inflammation to go down" before getting it.

great players get the surgeries ASAP.....Cowboys players get it after their several vacations are over.
Shortly after the season is what Gehlken reported for Mazi. Why say things that aren't valid? You don't think that the Cowboys have good doctors?

Creeper

Reaction score
Mazi is the one guy they need to improve this off-season. He needs this off-season to develop more than anyone else on the team. Why did he wait until Almost April to get his surgery? Why didn;t he get this done in January as soon as the season ended?

He cannot lift weights for at least 40 months and probably 6. I had minor shoulder surgery about 15 years ago and there was no strenuous exercise involving my shoulder for 6 months. I couldn't even hit golf balls.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Ridiculous that surgeries are happening in late March. Should have been done two months ago

rambo2

Reaction score
Mazi is the one guy they need to improve this off-season. He needs this off-season to develop more than anyone else on the team. Why did he wait until Almost April to get his surgery? Why didn;t he get this done in January as soon as the season ended?

He cannot lift weights for at least 40 months and probably 6. I had minor shoulder surgery about 15 years ago and there was no strenuous exercise involving my shoulder for 6 months. I couldn't even hit golf balls.
Shortly after the season isn't almost April. It's more like late January.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ridiculous that surgeries are happening in late March. Should have been done two months ago
It probably was done two months ago. Not every medical procedure is going to be known to the public right away like it would be during the season. It's just now being reported

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol, you don't believe you get better with a surgery repair? Would you rather that they let it get worse without repair? Wouldn't you think that getting well would make them feel better?
No, you don’t get better as a player. You get healthier which COULD mean he’s a better player, granted the bars so low for him that anything that remotely positive is an improvement

MikeT22

Reaction score
Lol, you don't believe you get better with a surgery repair? Would you rather that they let it get worse without repair? Wouldn't you think that getting well would make them feel better?
Maybe the entire team can have surgery this year if thats what it takes to improve.

chuck520

Reaction score
When are you guys going to realize that last season was Jerry's all in and now its time to rebuild the ship with all new shiny. New coaching, new QB, new OL, new DL run by the same ole and improved FO.
Cant rebuild need a new GM to do that

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
They are reporting Smith is out 4-6 months. So much for building up strength in the weight room over the off-season!