McCarthy and Dak

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Mccarthy has never really had a dominant RB like zeke to work with. So in that respect who knows what he'll do.

We have the talent where we are going to have a top 5 offense. Hell we had one this year.

The difference mccarthy can hopefully bring is with the slow starts, and the mid game adjustments and gameplanning. Thats where we needed the most help. Thats the reason we had a top 10 offense and defense this year and were 8-8. Under mccarthy we don't lose to the jets.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There is way tooo much recency bias about McCarthy. It's not as if the Rodgers/McCarthy divide existed his entire tenure. Rodgers also hasn't been nearly as good as he was before that divide the last two years.

He's a perfect match for Dak - or most any QB really - b/c his entire approach is to attack mismatches. 5 box defenders, run. 7 box defenders, throw against man coverage. He'll also do things like move the pocket that utilize Dak's mobility, just as he did with Rodgers, and establish a short pass game with easy completions. I'm not sure Dak has had an easy, high percentage throw, in his entire career lol.

Rajveer

Reaction score
We gave clapper a decade to prove himself, can we please give this guy at least a couple of seasons before we go back to the sky is falling deal? :facepalm:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This is what happens when you get your hopes up for someone you like, sort of like draft picks. I keep trying to remind folks that WE HAVE NO SAY. This is Jerry’s toy. My thoughts, we’ll see how it works out.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
His system was complete garbage. That’s why Rodgers improvised, and Rodgers’ improvisation was the only reason Green Bay’s offense was ever any good.
This is totally untrue.

Things got stale in GB - and the talent decline didn't help - but people have chosen to forget what that offense was 7, 8 years ago. Those Driver - Jennings - Jones - Nelson were incredibly difficult to defend, independent of Rodgers being Rodgers.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score

this is really long, over 30 minutes.

some interesting tidbits:

around the 20 minute mark on what he’s looking for in the next job:

- a 2 way street with the General Manager (hahaha)
- a good young qb
- he’d take one of these older qb’s but those jobs don’t open.

also of note: he started 1-4 in GB, and he got a call from Marvin Lewis that he said was instrumental in helping him get thru his 1st year as a HC

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd like to think that MM can work well with Dak.
One of the problems MM had in Green Bay was he was dealing the Favre and Rodgers.
A lot of times, it seemed that they would deviate from the play calling and just improvise due to their arrogance/confidence in their abilities. That obviously drove MM crazy I'm sure.
I think Dak is more receptive to being a system QB and will be more apt to listen and stick to the game plan as designed.

I was thinking that too. Dak does not seem to be the diva's he had to deal with in GB. By the way he was a Favre pick 6 away from a second superbowl...

Nav22

Reaction score
This is totally untrue.

Things got stale in GB - and the talent decline didn't help - but people have chosen to forget what that offense was 7, 8 years ago. Those Driver - Jennings - Jones - Nelson were incredibly difficult to defend, independent of Rodgers being Rodgers.
Why did things get stale in Green Bay?

Answer: because his garbage offense got figured out and he refused to adapt.

Also, he was too stupid to realize Aaron Jones, who averaged 5.5 Yds/Rush TWO SEASONS IN A ROW, should carry the load.

That’s why the fat idiot has been trying to convince teams that he’s Mr. Analytics now.
:lmao2:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why did things get stale in Green Bay?

Answer: because his garbage offense got figured out and he refused to adapt.

Also, he was too stupid to realize Aaron Jones, who averaged 5.5 Yds/Rush TWO SEASONS IN A ROW, should carry the load.

That’s why the fat idiot has been trying to convince teams that he’s Mr. Analytics now.
Nah, it's b/c they didn't have any WRs

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Idk for me as no huge Dak fan I think the west coast with a quick read passing attack fits Daks abilities. Let alone the screen pass as part of the offense should be a thing of beauty finally.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Stop with the BS Mike will be glad to have great RB I believe he will put the offense altogether better then JG ever had !

One thing about Green Bay teams runs by Mike McCarthy, less penalties.

Sully

Reaction score
Not a good combination. McCarthy is pass heavy and had 2 of the best QB's in NFL history. I guess we'll see how he fairs with Dak, but I'm not holding my breath. This is why I wanted Urban or Riley, or even Roman because they know how to work with QB's. McCarthy... I'm not sure. We all saw how Dak faired this year in games that mattered in heavy passing schemes. We may be in a lot of trouble....

MM is pass heavy? Maybe true or false but Urban Meyer and Riley coached in college and BOTH were pass heavy coaches. Meyer not as much when he coached at Ohio State, but with the Florida Gators, Meyers passed when Tebow was at QB. Riley is a pass heavy coach in college and you want to rip MM for being--in your logic-- a pass heavy coach. OK...I think

Side Note: Maybe Urban Meyers didn't want to coach anymore. Maybe Riley didn't want to leave Oklahoma, which is a damn good job.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I wish we could stocky this thread for laughs and giggles one year later.

pansophy

Reaction score
Not a good combination. McCarthy is pass heavy and had 2 of the best QB's in NFL history. I guess we'll see how he fairs with Dak, but I'm not holding my breath. This is why I wanted Urban or Riley, or even Roman because they know how to work with QB's. McCarthy... I'm not sure. We all saw how Dak faired this year in games that mattered in heavy passing schemes. We may be in a lot of trouble....
It does sound like Moore is staying on and the offense did well this year. I'd like to think they don't tinker too much with it and perhaps Moore is freer to scheme than he was under Garrett.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
His system was complete garbage. That’s why Rodgers improvised, and Rodgers’ improvisation was the only reason Green Bay’s offense was ever any good.

Why do you people think McCarthy had to convince teams that he’s changed his ways, in regards to being a stupid dinosaur of a coach who refused to adapt to the times?
And Garrett has adapted? He is still running a scheme meant for the 90 s.