McCarthy = Andy Reid?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
lol you make the laziest comparison and tell me to be open minded.

It's not lazy. You have also claimed here that McCarthy has only ever had Rodgers. He didn't. He also revitalized Favre's career as well and gave him a second wind.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I would take Reid over McCarthy in a heartbeat. McCarthy without Rodgers is gonna be very disappointing, I fear. I think the comparison is akin to Steve Mariucci when he went to Detroit after the 49ers.

McCarthy without Rodgers went 13-3 and to an NFC Championship game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not asking who is a better coach, are we getting something similiar or better in McCarthy due to the fact they have alot of the same coaching backgrounds and run a similiar WCO offense?

you're hatred of McCarthy is mind boggling, the guy has some skins on the wall
you wont win he will argue until you move on..hes relentless in his wanting or feeling like hes right lol

I agree with you..lets see how this goes for a few years and judge it then..if not no hard no foul a new coach will come faster then it took getting rid of garett, that I know..

sean10mm

Reaction score
Yes.. Because Reid might superior to everyone.

Andy Reids play designs are ridiculous.

Reid's clock management is an absolute atrocity, it's the one thing that has sunk him multiple times. But he's an A+ at developing QBs and tailoring the offense as a whole to his players.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
These two Super Models?? I think Andy is a better offensive coach and get's more bang out of his players. I'm hoping McCarthy is a better over all coach. Especially on defense.:hammer:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
you wont win he will argue until you move on..hes relentless in his wanting or feeling like hes right lol

I agree with you..lets see how this goes for a few years and judge it then..if not no hard no foul a new coach will come faster then it took getting rid of garett, that I know..

:laugh:

sean10mm

Reaction score
These two Super Models?? I think Andy is a better offensive coach and get's more bang out of his players. I'm hoping McCarthy is a better over all coach. Especially on defense.:hammer:

McCarthy farms out handling the defense to his DC.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would take Reid over McCarthy in a heartbeat. McCarthy without Rodgers is gonna be very disappointing, I fear. I think the comparison is akin to Steve Mariucci when he went to Detroit after the 49ers.
umm take Mahomes from Reid and I doubt he gets to aSB or wins it, what has he done to prove otherwise? I mean MM has been to what 4 NFCCG and won a SB, so he had great QBs, so does reid..

Reids been fired and done less so far..without Mahomes he less of a genius..that we know its fact, he hasn't won anything yet other then a season full of stats..

I think the yr off will reenergize MM and he will be getting up to date of the new NFL type offenses blended with his own, I mean Reid has a similar offense and he did it but we dont have a Mahomes or Rogers and MM or Reid would have tougher time doing it with our roster..i do say its very similar..

AKATheRake

Reaction score
No.. Andy Reid is one of the best playcallers, if not the best playcaller, in the NFL. He also makes any QB he trots onto the field play at a respectable level.

McCarthy was fired because his playcalling and designs became predictable and stale.

Except McCarthy won a Superbowl. Reid is probably the best head coach never to win one. Yes McCarthy had Rodgers but those teams were known for being over achievers talent wise and a very modest cap spending structure.

After 13 years, yes maybe everything seems stale from a coaching standpoint but McCarthy for a lot of the years was considered 1 of the better offensive play callers in the league. Rodgers aside, McCarthy has much more talent on this offense than he ever did at GB.

Let's not forget the playoffs 9 out of 13 seasons. Matt Flynn even looked like a superstar when he had to go in for an injured Aaron Rodgers back then and got a starter contract with the Seahawks the following season and lost the starting spot to then rookie Russell Wilson.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It wouldn't matter who was hired there would always be some that would have a problem with it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lol. That's right, he had that scrub of a QB named Favre. ;)

...Favre was freakin' terrible and looked like he needed to retire before McCarthy came in and cleaned things up. I believe Favre has even spoke about this.

Let's stop pretending he was working with a prime Favre here. He wasn't.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
IMO, Andy Reid is the offensive version of Bill Belichick. That comparison may not sound right because BB has titles on top of titles while Reid is a notorious choker, and for some reason, Reid never earned the "savant" label like BB did.

But if you watch KC games, this guy's play designs are a step ahead of the rest of the NFL. And he's an absolute quarterback master. Look at the record, he's gone 20 years straight with at least average QB play - developing Donovan McNabb, making Kevin freaking Kolb look good for a season or two, taking a washed-up Mike Vick after three years in prison and bringing his game to new MVP-level heights, leading the surprise Alex Smith breakout, and transforming Patrick Mahomes from a raw, toolsy prospect into a god of football.

As far as offensive coaches go, Reid is an all-timer. Comparing him to a coach like McCarthy, who recycled the same figured-out gameplans for years on end Garrett style, is just insulting.

mldardy

Reaction score
No.. Andy Reid is one of the best playcallers, if not the best playcaller, in the NFL. He also makes any QB he trots onto the field play at a respectable level.

McCarthy was fired because his playcalling and designs became predictable and stale.
Give me a break. . So sick of the Reid over the top love. This guy comes up short so many times in big games. He's horrible in clock management and best playcaller my ***. Where was his playcalling in all those NFC champ games he lost in Philly or last year against New England. There's a reason he has a 12-14 record and one Super Bowl appearance in 20 years. He's not as good as you make him out to be.