McCarthy: Cowboys players "definitely had pep in their step"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy noticed a “pep in the step,” of the players but he’s not sure that’s because of what happened Sunday in the NFC East with the Giants beating Philadelphia and Washington losing. At 2-7, the Cowboys are in last place, but McCarthy’s message was clear: they have a chance. “I think it’s only obvious what the four records are in the division and winning the division and what’s in front of you,” the coach said.

Best walk through team he has ever seen!!!!

Mannix

Reaction score
This is a fun thread...just a lotta good clean family fun!

Praxit

Reaction score
Watch out league. We're coming.
giphy.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I expect that it will be interesting to see how this team reacts to the upcoming Vikings contest. Will they put forth the energetic type of performance that we saw vs. the Steelers? Will playing on the road cause them to resort to an unfocused effort? The questions to be had should answer many questions that might be forthcoming after a season that hasn't been inspiring, overall. Let's see if this team displays the desire that they showed vs. the Steelers, or repeats the slovenly play that haunts their current record. This inquiring mind wants to know . . . ;)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We hear less from McCarthy than we did from Jason Garrett.

True but I'm hoping he inspires more by what he does, rather than says.

I really believe JG's empty phrases grew extremely tiresome, over time.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At least when they get beat down by the Vikings, they'll be happy about it. Shrug.

Maybe but I'm hoping if we do lose, it's because we were competitive and lose, anyhow.

Winning efforts are just preferable and the Vikings aren't a pushover, that's for sure. :oops:

At this juncture of our season, whether we win or lose, it'll be a winning deal, either way.

Last edited: