Twitter: McCarthy: Damone Clark is ready

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I wonder what Quinn thinks of him? I just can’t see him as better then LVE or Barr.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am rooting for him,even if we get a few years from him it will be a bonus.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some Teams Project Damone Clark to First Round of 2022 NFL Draft
Updated Nov. 19, 2021
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

There has been a lot of talk in the media about the 2022 NFL Draft not being a good year for linebacker talent, and overall, that could be true. LSU, however, has produced a lot of good pro linebacker talent in recent years, and LSU senior Damone Clark could be the first linebacker selected in the 2022 NFL Draft. He is having a huge 2021 season and could follow in the recent Tigers tradition of first-round picks like Devin White and Patrick Queen. According to NFL sources, some teams are projecting Clark to be a first-round pick and think he could rise into being a high first-rounder during the leadup to the 2022 NFL Draft.

"He's long, fast, athletic, and that doesn't last long in the draft," said an NFC director of player personnel. "He's similar to Micah Parsons movement wise, but Parsons had a little more freakish juice and was more explosive, but not by a ton. Clark has better instincts than Parsons and the production reflects that. I think Clark will rise into a mid- to high first."

Entering the final two weeks of the regular season, Clark is tied with Northwestern's Chris Bergin for leading the nation in tackles with 118. Clark also has three sacks, one interception and two passes defended. The 6-foot-3, 245-pound Clark has excellent size to play inside or outside linebacker in the NFL.

This right here gets me excited. I will say that herniated disks are nearly impossible to ever truly recover from if they are severe enough to require surgery, but if he can be 75% of the player he was he will be an upgrade.

We need to keep doubling down on defense in the draft and build upon our strength.

Creeper

Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind Clark is the starting MLB next year. Depending on his health he could overtake LVE this year. I think next year Barr will be gone and so will LVE. Clarke and Cox will take their places.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Clark was viewed as one of the top LB heading into the Combine when they found the herniated disk which of course dropped his draft status. When healthy he could be a big help to an already top defense

No doubt there's a ton of talent and it sounds like he's a hard worker too. I still expect this to be a red shirt season, but I think next year there will be a big opportunity with Barr and LVE free agents.

Jarntt

Reaction score
(in your face)

Ready for what exactly? He really didn't say. What is he doing every day and on weekends? Film, stretching, weight room, cardio? No talk of him actually doing football things.

I'd love it if he is able to see the field this year, but it just seems too soon to me