Video: McCarthy had to crack the whip at practice this week

75boyz

Reaction score
Did he make them watch the Devo video?

Naw, he smashed watermelons, put on an Austin Powers flick and then kept repeating to the team We will fix the penalties, We will fix the penalties...

The local beat reporters said the team really responded with a great practice after that.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Video of him reading the team the riot act or it did not happen…

Reactions: BAT

Manster68

Reaction score
Yeah, I want them to practice as if the Colts were as good as the '85 Bears. No matter how bad another team's season is going, you should never take them for granted. They're still an NFL team that can make plays. You still have to prepare well and go in with a good game plan.

I still remember our '89 winless team beating Washington in their stadium and their fans booing their team. Bet you anything they took us for granted.
There was just no stopping that Paul Palmer.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He better crack the whip or this could turn into another Denver debacle Sunday night. It doesn’t take much for the Cowboys to become complacent. If you start losing your edge in December you’re pretty much done come playoff off time.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
2142991.jpg

a1bba9b0-f304-4af0-92dc-e1375efabd84_text.gif

Only the cool kids will get this. ;)

I remember we had a bad Wednesday practice before the 1993 NFC Championship game. That's why Jimmy guaranteed a victory over the 49ers. If my memory is correct...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McCarthy is going to have to crack the whip the next few weeks with three trap games coming up against teams that are pretty much playing for next year. One or two slip ups looking ahead to Philly on Christmas Eve could derail our season. These games against struggling teams worry me the most. It’s going to take everything the Cowboys have to stay motivated. Even sloppy, ugly wins could send us in the wrong direction.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No way I could envision this team getting too full of themselves and eating the cheese. Not with this leader of men guiding them.
Just wait til you see this team's laser like focus, discipline and toughness come playoff time.

Totally confident.
Yes, sarcasm extreme, lol.
Thought you had suffered a head injury there for a second .... LOL

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have two questions:
  1. What does “crack the whip” mean? Talking to them about a bad practice?Or requiring more from them? Hope it’s effective because this is when the country club side of the Cowboys culture tends to come out.
  2. Does Jerry allow his players to made uncomfortable or be reprimanded?
No question this team has been one of the softest in the league for years when it comes to mental toughness. I’m hoping Big Mac stays on these guys to sharpen their focus and toughen up. No excuses.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah, I want them to practice as if the Colts were as good as the '85 Bears. No matter how bad another team's season is going, you should never take them for granted. They're still an NFL team that can make plays. You still have to prepare well and go in with a good game plan.

I still remember our '89 winless team beating Washington in their stadium and their fans booing their team. Bet you anything they took us for granted.
Most fans don’t understand this.