Twitter: McCarthy: I belong in the playoffs

plymkr

Reaction score
MM has a 5-5 record in the playoffs since 2011.

He lost as the #1 seed at home in 2011.

He lost at home in the cold (to SF) in 2013.

His team had perhaps the worst NFC Championship Game meltdown ever in losing to Seattle in 2014.

Outside of his single SB run in 2010, MM's playoff record is 6-8.

Maybe things will change in Big D, but the notion that MM "excels in the playoffs" is certainly not one that most objective observers would ascribe to based upon MM's playoff coaching history.
If you read past the part that you bolded I said "hope so". I didn't say he excels in the playoffs, I said i hope he excels in this playoffs. Please read my whole post prior to projecting notions onto me. And maybe lighten up a little bit, have some fun with this.

Reactions: CWR

DandyDon52

Reaction score

This is the best thing we got going for us in the playoffs.

Lead us, Football Buddha.

lol coming from a guy who did go to playoffs a lot with GB and rodgers, but could never win those champ games, I remember the seattle game he blew
by thinking the game was won and let up and played to not lose.

also a guy who used up all his timeouts carelessly in the ariz game so could then not challenge a game turning play.

I wonder if he is gonna guarantee a win in any of these playoff games??

As for being better than JG, that remains to be seen, he has to get past div round to prove that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Agree 100%......His 2nd season we finished with a 12-5 record, and teams calling to interview BOTH of our coordinators. Yet some misguided fans/poster still don't like him. Absolutely love the direction he has this team going............,
jerry hired both of the coordinators not mike lol.
JG went 12-4 and 13-3
To out do JG he has to get to and win the div round game.

Aven8

Reaction score

His team had perhaps the worst NFC Championship Game meltdown ever in losing to Seattle in 2014.

Maybe things will change in Big D, but the notion that MM "excels in the playoffs" is certainly not one that most objective observers would ascribe to based upon MM's playoff coaching history.

How’s Rogers record in the playoffs since Mike left?….

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Pipe down, kid.

All you do is whine about me when you have an ignore button you can use. You can't bring yourself to ignore me though. Because you care about my opinions too much.

I l live in your head rent free.

I see your ego is as big as your hatred of my Cowboys. Haha you're an easy target I'll admit that and I sometimes enjoy slaying an easy target. You are no fun though because you have no originality and actually suck at pretending you like my football squad and for that I always get kind of sad...oh well. Keep on going my little easy target boy!

Ignore button is for 5 year olds. I imagine you use it frequently.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I see your ego is as big as your hatred of my Cowboys. Haha you're an easy target I'll admit that and I sometimes enjoy slaying an easy target. You are no fun though because you have no originality and actually suck at pretending you like my football squad and for that I always get kind of sad...oh well. Keep on going my little easy target boy!

Ignore button is for 5 year olds. I imagine you use it frequently.
Rent free.

I own your thoughts.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
There's no "I" in team Mccarty.

How many tackles did he make this year?
How many pancake blocks did he have?
Dallas belongs in the playoffs, as a group.

Meh this is true and he knows that, but great coaches believe in themselves and what they bring to the table. If we felt otherwise we might as well have kept Garrett

Big_D

Reaction score
I wonder if he can top 2 wildcard wins in 10 years? It’s gonna be tough. Garrett left a huge legacy and that accomplishment will be an uphill battle for any coach!

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
He’s a meathead but he’’s light years better than the red headed clapping monkey .

CWR

Reaction score
lol coming from a guy who did go to playoffs a lot with GB and rodgers, but could never win those champ games, I remember the seattle game he blew
by thinking the game was won and let up and played to not lose.

also a guy who used up all his timeouts carelessly in the ariz game so could then not challenge a game turning play.

I wonder if he is gonna guarantee a win in any of these playoff games??

As for being better than JG, that remains to be seen, he has to get past div round to prove that.

Or just back to back winning seasons for the first time in 20 something years.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Over the last quarter century the Cowboys have 2 wins in the playoffs. I will gladly take a guy who is .500 in the playoffs.

nobody

Reaction score
I wonder if he can top 2 wildcard wins in 10 years? It’s gonna be tough. Garrett left a huge legacy and that accomplishment will be an uphill battle for any coach!

I don't know if he can. That's some legendary coaching work Garrett pulled off. Just unbelievable.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"Not counting when he won, he's done more losing."