Twitter: McCarthy: "I want six rushers and four inside players on DL"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Lmao nah not alignment more about how many we carry and what kind on the roster

10 DL

4DT, 6DE basically

OK Mr. Smart......lol
Serious question.......trying to count how many rushers we currently have under contract for 2020. DLaw, Armstrong, Quinn ( if signed ), ????

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
OK Mr. Smart......lol
Serious question.......trying to count how many rushers we currently have under contract for 2020. DLaw, Armstrong, Quinn ( if signed ), ????

Lawrence, Gregory, Armstrong, Jackson, Jelks, Wise/Crawford.

Obviously, we're full up and McCarthy can check that off his list without re-signing Quinn.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Lawrence, Gregory, Armstrong, Jackson, Jelks, Wise/Crawford.

Obviously, we're full up and McCarthy can check that off his list without re-signing Quinn.

He said in want 6 pass rushers....we only have 3 currently under contract.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Only three pash rushers/DE.....meaning we're looking for 3 more by his count.

Don't get me to lying. Without knowing more, or hearing the question, I'm thinking he wants 4 that can get inside pressure and an additional two that can get pressure from other positions (say LB).

When he mentions he expects to be in high scoring games, I take it he means teams aren't going to play ball control. More passing means he wants them to know he can bring pressure from several spots to keep them guessing.

Of course, that's all a guess too. Just don't have enough info.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Don't get me to lying. Without knowing more, or hearing the question, I'm thinking he wants 4 that can get inside pressure and an additional two that can get pressure from other positions (say LB).

When he mentions he expects to be in high scoring games, I take it he means teams aren't going to play ball control. More passing means he wants them to know he can bring pressure from several spots to keep them guessing.

Of course, that's all a guess too. Just don't have enough info.

I know some have mention Jaylon Smith having pass-rushing ability. I'm guessing we find a way to bring Quinn back and perhaps sign a FA DT.