Twitter: McCarthy: "I want six rushers and four inside players on DL"

ondaedg

Reaction score
Guys remember the DL the coach said we WILL NOT see the type DL rotation/tapping out we saw from Marinelli. So we''re looking for the best four and play the hell out of them. It's what you see with Saints, 49ers and even Skins ( who have 2-3 1st rounders on theirs).

It may not be quite to that extreme but the rotation intervals will definitely change.

ESisback

Reaction score
So the way to beat Dallas is to run the ball and control the clock because they will be busy rushing the passer and trying to score 35?

Eventually, a way is always found. That’s why they play the game. No guarantees, though. It appears to me that MM wants both—pass rushers AND a wall in the middle, with a good LB corps to clean up the loose ends.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't get the hype about this. He just saying that he wants to carry about one more backup DE than usual, and y'all are getting ready to throw a damn Super Bowl parade because of it.

What this really means is that we're more likely to keep a guy like Jalen Jelks at final cuts instead of Daniel Wise. That's all I'm seeing here.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
sweet is this before or after we pay our QB 20% of the cap. oh well, they are always lowes and home depot for the defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't get the hype about this. He just saying that he wants to carry about one more backup DE than usual, and y'all are getting ready to throw a damn Super Bowl parade because of it.

What this really means is that we're more likely to keep a guy like Jalen Jelks at final cuts instead of Daniel Wise. That's all I'm seeing here.
Wise might be starting!!!!!!!!!!

This is a new regime, one that understand the leverage battle and low built dudes like Wise.

coach steele

Reaction score
Once CBA is approved: D Law, R Gregory, David Irvin, sign R Quinn, and draft Kinlaw. Hope one of our existing Defensive lineman develop. Pick up big sloppy DT in free agency (lots of good ones available).

coach steele

Reaction score
So we are going to be running a 10-1 defense.

Should be interesting
No. I believe you still have a rotation of defensive line. Additionally, I believe the quote is about the roster break down (10 defensive lineman out of the 53).

McKDaddy

Reaction score
serious question - I have seen some people suggesting we draft guys that are 3T's and use them as DE on early downs & inside on passing downs. So, guys that can play inside & out. What i don't understand is why we haven't done this with M Collins in the past or why you wouldn't just keep him if you are adopting this strategy. He has always seemed well suited to do this but I don't remember him doing it often or at all. (I understand money may be a deciding factor)