McCarthy: I want smart Hall of Fame type quarterbacks

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
McCarthy had one. Favre admitted in his third year in the league he didn’t know what nickel defense was.

In interviews He used to chalk his interception totals up to “i didn’t know the DB was allowed to do that”

Favre always looks like he just got off a tractor...........lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is what Wile E. Coyote is to the Road Runner thus far. Always just short. He has been a cartoon character. Great when u don't expect him to be, bad-moderate when we need him to be great. Until he wins, thats the way he will be viewed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So McCarthy has no interest in being a smart coach?

Seems like an extremely odd flex.
That's not what he meant it's kind of obvious that he wants the quarterback to be able to know the offense intricacies as well as the offensive coordinator does

that way he's like an acting offensive coordinator much like Romo turned into and took control of Garrett's offense but the difference here is he is smart enough to fire the coordinator who wasn't allowing Prescott to have a bigger say in an offense and make it easier for the wide receiver's etc etc etc

I'd say having a coach that knows how to delegate and teach and trust is a smart coach...

gtb1943

Reaction score
Bradshaw.
OK, I can kind of see that. But I would say he was the player that proved the rule that if you have a great enough team some will get in even if they do not really deserve it.

Motorola

Reaction score
2nd and 2
OC called the play...but QB could have audibled out of it - but didn't.

Recall SB XLIX - similar circumstances.
26 seconds left in the game; SEA 2nd and goal at NE 1 yd line.
OC called a pass play.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think McCarthy is indicating he's about done with Dak without having to actually say it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What I get out of this is he wants Prescott to take command . Has nothing to do with whether he can or can’t.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think McCarthy is indicating he's about done with Dak without having to actually say it.
Well, I think you’re wrong. I think he say Prescott time to take over you can do it.

pitt33

Reaction score
Wake me up when the quarterback has the ability to read a zone defense.

In a timely fashion.