McCarthy is a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
"Over-reaction Tuesday". Follows "Suicide watch" Monday. Will be followed promptly with "sky is falling" Wed and then "bounce back" Thurs. Finally capped with "we have a good chance to win here is why" Friday, and then the coup de gras, "Gorico platinum guarantee of a victory" Sat.

It's great to be a Cowboys fan.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Tell me the one constant in Dallas? They've been around forever. When you figure that out, you'll see what the problem is and always has been. I think we all knew that Big Mike was just something to appease the fans this last offseason but it wasn't the fix we needed.

Thank you!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
And when they beat Atlanta. Everything will be back to normal in here. And the sky won't be falling.

Only to people easily swayed by one game. That loss looked liked several others in recent years. Years that ended up with the Cowboys doing nothing.

What have we seen to believe this year will be any different? Atlanta got their doors blown off by Seattle. A couple late garbage TDs made it look semi-competitive - it wasn't. Beating them would follow the pattern.

Then the Cowboys would follow that up by getting thumped in Seattle. Let's see if this year plays out any differently.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah but he wasn’t brought here to beat a team like Atlanta.

I’ll be happy if we win but I’m not going to rejoice about inflated numbers against a bad team.
Atlanta isnt a BAD team.

Those of you who may think that will see come Sunday. They will not be pushovers.

I think Dallas wins but it's not going to be easy by any means, and they could very easily lose.

The Rams and Atlanta are middle of the road NFC teams btw.

If we lose to both, I'm pretty sure that says plenty about which side of that fence this team lies....which is fine if you are in rebuild mode. Dallas is not

fivetwos

Reaction score
One game...ONE GAME...ONE GAME....ONE GAME!

People have already lost their ever loving minds.
Of course it is.

The problem is this team looks exactly the same on both sides of the ball as it has recently after all this hype about change.

A loss is fine. It's one game, yes....and I even picked them to lose!!!...its what they looked like is what disturbes me.

What's different? It honestly looked the same scheme wise and performance wise to me.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
The 4th down call is an analytics call.

The Cowboys had a 46% chance of victory entering fourth down at the Rams’ 11-yard line with about 12 minutes remaining in regulation, he said. If they converted the fourth down, their win probability would’ve increased to 56%. If they kicked a field goal, it actually would have decreased to 45%.
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...wn-gamble-week-1-mike-mccarthy-jason-garrett/

yup. Tied means you can be beat via a field goal, with a defense that wasnt holding well.

Up 4 points from a TD means they need a TD to win, with no chance to tie. Puts a lot of pressure on the other offense.

CWR

Reaction score
McCarthy was always a safe hire more than anything. I can’t see him winning anything here....especially if he has to work with Dak the whole time. Match made in hell.

It’s also concerning how much Green Bay has improved since he left.

Not that I follow GB closely but my understanding is they opened up their pocketbook after MM left.

fredp22

Reaction score
after 1 game
with no pre-season and all new coaches. I guess we all should have seen this coming during the televised blue/white scrimmage.
If Gallups catch did count there was a chance we win. What then? Change the Lombardi trophy to McCarthy trophy?
this team will have a bumpy first few games as MM sees what he has in both players and coaches
give credit to the Rams-they knew to play a short passing plan to keep our pass rushers in check and take advantage of our banged up LB's

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
yup. Tied means you can be beat via a field goal, with a defense that wasnt holding well.

Up 4 points from a TD means they need a TD to win, with no chance to tie. Puts a lot of pressure on the other offense.
Yea, I like to think of it as...whether you kick the FG or not, you're still going to have to get a stop and score to win.

CWR

Reaction score
Keep this post. Let's see how the season goes. You could be right. I remember him saying that at the press conference. He lied, got a job and paid.

Whatever they say. I watched his special hidden in a bunker at his home in Wisconsin, studying film and hosting other coaches for meetings of minds. If he wasn't watching film and studying he went all the way with the lie.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Whatever they say. I watched his special hidden in a bunker at his home in Wisconsin, studying film and hosting other coaches for meetings of minds. If he wasn't watching film and studying he went all the way with the lie.

I dont deny that. I saw it too, but maybe he didn't spend time on the Cowboys, like he said he did. Let's see how this goes. It can only get better, right?????

Proof

Reaction score
No offense cyberbob but you’re one of my least favorite posters anywhere. Including Craigslist

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The 4th down call is an analytics call.

The Cowboys had a 46% chance of victory entering fourth down at the Rams’ 11-yard line with about 12 minutes remaining in regulation, he said. If they converted the fourth down, their win probability would’ve increased to 56%. If they kicked a field goal, it actually would have decreased to 45%.
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...wn-gamble-week-1-mike-mccarthy-jason-garrett/
Risk/reward. What happened to the probabilities if they failed the 4th down?

Proof

Reaction score
Only to people easily swayed by one game. That loss looked liked several others in recent years. Years that ended up with the Cowboys doing nothing.

What have we seen to believe this year will be any different? Atlanta got their doors blown off by Seattle. A couple late garbage TDs made it look semi-competitive - it wasn't. Beating them would follow the pattern.

Then the Cowboys would follow that up by getting thumped in Seattle. Let's see if this year plays out any differently.

i actually have my reservations about ATL. After seeing what this defense looked like on Sunday, Julio, Ridley and Gurley look pretty formidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.