McCarthy is a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I don't think he's a fraud, but Cowboys fans have been defrauded.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
McCarthy was always a safe hire more than anything. I can’t see him winning anything here....especially if he has to work with Dak the whole time. Match made in hell.

It’s also concerning how much Green Bay has improved since he left.

Improved? They went to 3 NFC title games with him from 2010-2017. Won a Super Bowl. He has an off year in 2018. It happens to everyone at some point. In 2019, they were back in the NFC title game and got blown out. They were right back to where they were just a few years prior with Mike. It wasn't anything magical and zero evidence they could not have that same year with Mike still there. It's not like they accomplished anything he had not.

CWR

Reaction score
I dont deny that. I saw it too, but maybe he didn't spend time on the Cowboys, like he said he did. Let's see how this goes. It can only get better, right?????

True, maybe he was stretching the truth a bit. I believe he did study film ect, but we will have to see if that translates.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't think he's a fraud, but Cowboys fans have been defrauded.
Its Jerry's cancer culture.

MM was supposed to be the guy who had the cure.

One loss wouldn't make me think he isnt...but what I saw on Sunday certainly does...that team looked the same on both sides of the ball, and forget the results for now, but they sure seemed familiar as well.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
It all started off with this, from the Cowboys press conference, when they hired Mike McCarthy:

It is clear that McCarthy hyped himself up as a "changed man" and an analytics guru, when his past tells us otherwise. He tells us he watched a ton of game film, then admitted he doesn't. Aaron Rodgers seems to think he's got a low football IQ.

The one thing McCarthy is good at is designing and calling offensive plays. What does he do when he gets here? He keeps the old offense and Kellen Moore. What happened on Sunday? It looked like the same old, same old.

I can't point to a single thing that happened on Sunday that I think Mike McCarthy improved. That's a huge problem, IMO. It looks pretty clear that McCarthy didn't want to put in the work of being the playcaller and just came here for one last cash grab. Jerry bought it, hook line and sinker.

Well CyberB0b,...Well Thats that..Enjoy your season with fraud conspiracies.You should be up to 15,000 Post Message by seasons ends..Enjoy pulling out your hair and from what I can see from your avatar profile pic,your well on your way...Enjoy..

Asklesko

Reaction score
Improved? They went to 3 NFC title games with him from 2010-2017. Won a Super Bowl. He has an off year in 2018. It happens to everyone at some point. In 2019, they were back in the NFC title game and got blown out. They were right back to where they were just a few years prior with Mike. It wasn't anything magical and zero evidence they could not have that same year with Mike still there. It's not like they accomplished anything he had not.

What is he without Aaron Rodgers? We'll be seeing it very soon.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thst makes no sense. Because if you don’t convert your win probability must fall considerably. So it’s still not worth it.

Yeah, I don't get that either.

But having said this, the play was there. We really should have scored 6 there and taken the lead.

Nobody wants to hear it but the play was not to Lamb on the shallow crossing route. The play was really to Zeke. An easy, high percentage pass floated to the right corner of the endzone. An easy catch for Zeke who would have been wide open with no safety help at all. It's the difference between understanding what plays you have called, what the design of each play is and how the reactions of the defense leads to the open man, which was the Safety in this case. I mean, I just don't understand how Dak doesn't know that? Some, I'm sure, will fill like I'm being too critical of Dak here but hey, that's the difference between a Wilson or Rogers and a QB who is just a little less then those guys.

You know the plays you have called, you know who will be open based on the coverage and there was no pressure in the pocket so I really don't understand why he goes to Lamb on such a critical play. Hell, Cooper was the easier throw if all you wanted was a first down and he's the much more experienced player. Why not just throw the ball to him?

IDK.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
those complaining are certifiable...it's one bloody game, no pre season and totally new coaching staff. Did you all expect the staff to have their schemes up and running week 1? If the same in a few weeks then...

This is literally all many have had to talk about in months. I'd expect nothing less, TBH.

aria

Reaction score
I’m not sold on McCarthy and never have been but would we even be having half of these conversations if a lot of those dropped passes were caught? No, because we would have won. The plays were there.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Mike, may or may not be a fraud. It’s possible his IQ, and his football IQ, are very low. We shall see if he can have success here, I’m not and I don’t think anyone here is, basing his success or failure on one football game.

however, me thinks the problem with the Cowboys is entirely unrelated to the Head Coach.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It all started off with this, from the Cowboys press conference, when they hired Mike McCarthy:

It is clear that McCarthy hyped himself up as a "changed man" and an analytics guru, when his past tells us otherwise. He tells us he watched a ton of game film, then admitted he doesn't. Aaron Rodgers seems to think he's got a low football IQ.

The one thing McCarthy is good at is designing and calling offensive plays. What does he do when he gets here? He keeps the old offense and Kellen Moore. What happened on Sunday? It looked like the same old, same old.

I can't point to a single thing that happened on Sunday that I think Mike McCarthy improved. That's a huge problem, IMO. It looks pretty clear that McCarthy didn't want to put in the work of being the playcaller and just came here for one last cash grab. Jerry bought it, hook line and sinker.
Agree completely. MM is a fraud.

Zordon

Reaction score
One game...ONE GAME...ONE GAME....ONE GAME!

People have already lost their ever loving minds.
True, but I see OP's point about that quote. That was a very strange thing to say when you're trying to recover from a "lazy" image.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Way to give MM a chance to prove himself. Incredible level of patience you've displayed here! Congratulations! :rolleyes:

khiladi

Reaction score
Moore is here because of Dak.. They weren't changing the offense for a guy they spent the last five years creating a "Dak-friendly" offense and hasn't shown any real improvement.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Big mike got outcoached, for sure but KM didn't exactly shine, either!

Sometimes, there are humble beginnings. That was a good example!

Welcome to the Dallas Cowboys, fellas! We, here, form fast opinions!

kwcool619

Reaction score
Shouldn't be concerned at all. MM got fired after playing 4 out 5 road games against playoff teams that year and/or the year before which basically put them out of the playoff picture. I don't think many coaches could have survived that stretch. People also forget that MM was the reason the Packers became relevant again.

Since the firing, ARod and the passing offense have struggled but their rushing and defense showed improvement. ARod did play great against Minnesota, but we can't say ARod is back, because we have seen the passing attack go up and down throughout the 2019 season compared to the consistent numbers he used to put up under MM.

I believe MM was brought here to establish a winning attitude to the team. I am giving him a chance to establish his system. I feel it is going to take half the season before things are connecting. If that means taking over the play calling by game 10 (before the bye week), then that is how he'll roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.