McCarthy is a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I should probably take a look out the window before speaking of the sky falling, it is 2020

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Risk/reward. What happened to the probabilities if they failed the 4th down?
Don't know, but that's not the point. The "analytics" mindset is you make calls based on what gives you the best chance to win. Going for it did that.

cowboyec

Reaction score
im not taking rodgers word on anything.
McCarthy is a helluva coach.
glad he's here.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
im not taking rodgers word on anything.
McCarthy is a helluva coach.
glad he's here.

Is he?

He was fired for basically the same reasons as Garrett..

His team went to a NFC Championship the year he gets canned.

We're 0-1 and somehow they really weren't joking about keeping a lot of the same things in place with the offense.

It's easy to look good as a coach when Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers are running the show. Here in Dallas we have a caretaker so the coaches will have to step it up like McVay did Sunday Night.

Reactions: BAT

cowboyec

Reaction score
Is he?

He was fired for basically the same reasons as Garrett..

His team went to a NFC Championship the year he gets canned.

We're 0-1 and somehow they really weren't joking about keeping a lot of the same things in place with the offense.

It's easy to look good as a coach when Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers are running the show. Here in Dallas we have a caretaker so the coaches will have to step it up like McVay did Sunday Night.
he is a 1000x better a football mind than garrett.
garrett is not in his league.
alot of this over-reaction to wk 1 is nonsense.
he's won more play-off games than we did under garrett.
and the super bowl.
cmon man.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
he is a 1000x better a football mind than garrett.
garrett is not in his league.
alot of this over-reaction to wk 1 is nonsense.
he's won more play-off games than we did under garrett.
and the super bowl.
cmon man.

Well after 1 week and not having Rodgers i'd say McCarthy and Garrett looks pretty similar.

I want to agree with you but i'm in show me mode.

Go elevate the team with your offensive schemes like McVay did. That's what I want and what the Cowboys deserve. I'm over this boring 50/50 brand of football.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm just gonna throw something out there and you guys evaluate the validity of it.

There was a thread on here, not so long ago, burning Cowherd at the steak for saying that the Cowboys were a .500 team and not that good. He said that the ownership was not great, that the coaching was unproven and brand new, he said that the talent was good in areas but had poor depth and was weak in other personnel groupings. He said that the QB situation was still unproven.

Now, ask yourselves, how much of what he said was really untrue? And yet, he was crucified on this board. How much of the hate for our current situation is from the actual play of the team and how much is from the fact that many of us were over valuing or own team?

Praxit

Reaction score
..c'mon man, one game. I already saw improvements. Garrett loses that game by 20 pts.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The 4th down call is an analytics call.

The Cowboys had a 46% chance of victory entering fourth down at the Rams’ 11-yard line with about 12 minutes remaining in regulation, he said. If they converted the fourth down, their win probability would’ve increased to 56%. If they kicked a field goal, it actually would have decreased to 45%.
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...wn-gamble-week-1-mike-mccarthy-jason-garrett/

What is the percentage chance of victory when you fail on the 4th down call? I'll bet it's lower than 45%.

Odd that it wasn't mentioned. If I missed it please share.

Kumala808

Reaction score
you fans are frauds, lol cmon 1 game no preseason, give em time and you'll be saying the opposite.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I say Kellen Moore is the fraud.
Wash your mouth....McCarthy brought absolutely nothing Sunday night. Still can't believe he went for it in the 4th quarter. Maybe the dumbest call I can recall...there was no need for that.

Plankton

Reaction score
usa_today_13439782.0.jpg

You know, Jerry......I would have kicked the field goal there. And we would have won!

Plankton

Reaction score
What is the percentage chance of victory when you fail on the 4th down call? I'll bet it's lower than 45%.

It was 34%

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

It wasn't in that article, but it's mostly besides the point.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Well after 1 week and not having Rodgers i'd say McCarthy and Garrett looks pretty similar.

I want to agree with you but i'm in show me mode.

Go elevate the team with your offensive schemes like McVay did. That's what I want and what the Cowboys deserve. I'm over this boring 50/50 brand of football.
garrett is the fraud.
what did we do over the last 10yrs.
nothing.
some division titles.
thats it.
McCarthy won in green bay.
division titles.
play off games.
and the super bowl.
he deserves more than 1 game before we throw around that garrett label...fraud.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Don't know, but that's not the point. The "analytics" mindset is you make calls based on what gives you the best chance to win. Going for it did that.
I don’t agree that you should only look at what happens if it is successful. If a successful call increases your chances of winning by 10% but failure decreases your chances of winning by 50% then I think that needs to be taken into consideration.

cowboyec

Reaction score
aaron rodgers is the fraud.
mccarthy won him a title then gets knifed in the back.
how many super bowls has rodgers won...1.
how many w/out McCarthy.
so far...0.
over rated.
over hyped.
FRAUD.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don’t agree that you should only look at what happens if it is successful. If a successful call increases your chances of winning by 10% but failure decreases your chances of winning by 50% then I think that needs to be taken into consideration.
In obvious situations, sure. But those types of plays where there's really a discussion to be had are pretty rare.

Blue64

Reaction score
And when they beat Atlanta. Everything will be back to normal in here. And the sky won't be falling.
Except they won’t beat Atlanta or win the week after, what’s going to be the story then? Same old story when it comes to these clowns, wait till next week or next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.