McCarthy is Awful

basel90

Reaction score
I didn’t want him here in the first place. But, he did put a good Staff together.
He bundled the staff last year and the team ended 6-10 due to his buddy DC . Jerry ans stephen had to get Quinn . MM is virtually an expensive Coach who is not much involved with offense or defense now .

CWR

Reaction score
That was good win but terrible game management. You don't win playoff games with game management like that. Aaron Rodgers was right about this clown.

Lol could Aaron Rodgers be a bigger D bag? I don't trust a whole lot of what he says. I agree it was stupid, but I dont think the clock cut out on accident either. That was home cooking, and they should be penalized for it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Give me his issues, he knew how to run grown men/
He was a bully. That’s why he didn’t make it in Florida with the dolphins. No he knew how to cheat. He would’ve lost draft picks if he pulled that off today. Acquiring players and refused to play them. Those players from the Vikings were so pissed at him

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He should be fired! No other coach in the NFL or college would do that in the same situation.
I disagree with you. As much as I don’t like Mike. That was exactly what he wanted to do. He wasn’t going to take a chance and another penalty or a clock runoff

RonWashington

Reaction score
It's really going to frost your balls when you realize that went exactly how he wanted it to. That's exactly the ending he wanted.

Didn’t have to be 56 yards. You had a time out . I’m glad the defense wasn’t asked to come out and stop LA in OT.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's sad we're such a motley crew while the team performs better than they have in years! (So many critics when we need real fans.) :facepalm:

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Less pressure on a 56 yarder because you’re not “supposed” to make it with the same consistency as shorter ones.

Still stupid and inexcusable for any coach from the NFL to video game level to make that mistake.

cowboyed

Reaction score
The bottom line is that you don’t want to be on defense with two minutes or less on the clock with the other team only needing a FG to win. That’s a horrible place to be for any NFL defense. With that in mind, we ended the game perfectly - winning as time expired.

McCarthy in effect was bleeding the clock. That's actually the way I looked at it myself. No time left in the 4th quarter for the opponent to move the ball or to go into overtime.

Also Zuerlein has a history of making those kicks at that distance. Was it a risk, sure enough. What play isn't, whether you are running or passing the ball particularly when you are crossing over midfield near the end of the 4th quarter and the Chargers touchdown stifling defense is amped up to stop us or get a turnover.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I disagree with you. As much as I don’t like Mike. That was exactly what he wanted to do. He wasn’t going to take a chance and another penalty or a clock runoff
He has to say thats what he wanted to do because if he says anything else like he made a mistake and should of called the timeout with 30 sec left than he looks like he doesnt know what hes doing. It turned out fine so it doesnt have any repercussions but the week before against Tampa he left too much time on the clock. He needs to work on game planning for these situations and teach Dak how to handle the clock and plays to call.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No matter what, some people have to be miserable about something - anything.
Sad part is it's a choice.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's really going to frost your balls when you realize that went exactly how he wanted it to. That's exactly the ending he wanted.
no it wasn't. MM said hit himself and came up with bunch of excuses, I didn't see the clock, it was block. and a player was on the field that shouldn't have been. Dak tried to line up the players to run a play. MM and Moore both said they expected the chargers to call a time out and they didn't and they were surprised and weren't ready.....no matter how you cut it, it was a dumb clock management. compare that to Tampa, the week before, where Brady ran 2 plays, incomplete passes looking to see if he can advance the ball at least.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Actually people I don’t think that last drive was as badly mismanaged as we think. We did an awesome job of being the last ones with the ball. However I agree with 45 seconds left you have to try and get closer
the drive was managed well. got us in field goal position. but could have ran a play a couple of plays to try and get us closer. this is the same kicker that the week before missed a 60 yarder badly. this was a 56 yarder. I was surprised the chargers didn't try to ice him, what would be chances of him making it twice....

no it was mismanaged. also last series of Tampa game was mismanaged (at least this was an improvement).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I still can't get over how inconsistent the playcalling is. Last week we came out guns blazing. This week the playcalling was like we were playing with our 5th string QB.
actually that's fine. that was good game planning both week. we knew tampa couldn't stop the pass and they didn't. this week we knew chargers couldnt' stop the run and they didn't. the problem has been mental mistakes on the coaches at critical parts of the game and in the redzone, although we were slightly better in the redzone against chargers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It was a weird sequence.

I think they expected that Pollard run to pick up more than 2-3 yards and then botched the follow-up decision because of that.

Oh well. Live and learn. We won.
actually they didn't expect it to pick up more than that. they wanted the kick to be ifrom n the right hash, and that's were pollard ran. however, they expected the chargers to call a time out (which they should have) and they didn't and it confused the coaches. and team wasn't ready for a hurry up offense, which they should have been anyway.....do your thing. play hurry up, if they call a timeout, then they call a timeout.....Dak tried to line them up, run a play, but there was too much chaos.