Twitter: McCarthy is off to a damn good job assembling coaching staff

Rayman70

Reaction score
and now Jon Kitna was just let go. WOW!! I am somewhat stunned. Looks like the TE coach may get to stay.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The most important hire is the DC. If the DC is a good hire we will be a better team. If not it will be more of the same. Rearranging deck chairs on the titanic

agree.

we suffered too much under BBDB Marinelli.

Legend

Reaction score
not good.

Kitna really helped Dak.

it was amazing to see that work payoff.
Problem is when Dak was pressured or in a rush; he reverted back to throwing off his back foot instead of stepping up into the throw.

If Dak stays with the Cowboys; McCarthy will probably want someone that can get Dak to maintain better footwork, pocket presence, and internal clock during the heat of the moment.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
MM developed Rodgers and a few others throughout his coaching career. He will be the primary play caller, where Kellen more will be the de facto QB Coach.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
agree.

Marinelli and OQuinn were terrible.

3 more days and Marinelli is cut free.

Time to celebrate that one.

long time coming.

(unfortunately, we are replacing him with Nolan. )

I am willing to give Nolan a chance. He has a lot to work with here. Dallas has some game changers on D that just need direction.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Good job ........we are already a better team IMO

giphy.gif

renny

Reaction score
Tomsula..... fired after 1 season by niners
Fassel....uhm, according to wikipedia, he developer a punter and kicker
Nolan.....in his 3.5 years as head coach he avg about 4 wins

Im not saying these guys cant coach, im saying they will not be the reason we win or lose games. It is hilarious to me to see the excitement. Im all for excitement, but the real reason is because it is not JG. Its like the shiny new toy. All that excitement will be just like when Moore took over the offense. By week 8 or so, how great was the new toy working out?

Dak will be the reason we win or lose. We lost multiple games that were very close. 2 more plays in each game by dak, and we are probable 11-5 or 12-4.
If that's the case how many did the defense win or lose? In football games are won and lost on offense, defense, and special teams Dak was not the reason the team finished 8-8!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If that's the case how many did the defense win or lose? In football games are won and lost on offense, defense, and special teams Dak was not the reason the team finished 8-8!
Realy? So te defense lost us the game against the Saints? The defense lost us this last game against the Eagles?

Of the 8 games we lost, how many did dak play well in. Dont tell me the packer game.... his stats looked great, but did you watch the first half?

OldJarhead

Reaction score
And it looks like they are going to retain Moore as OC which is a smart move. Great young mind that lead the #1 offense in football. I also like the fact, however, that McCarthy will be calling the plays for his offense. Moore will be able to learn from a REAL offensive mind and not the horror show that was Garrett.

Moore needs to go as well. His advancement to the OC role was sheer folly. What had he ever done to deserve it. QB Coach to a mediocre (Dak) QB? #1 offense in the NFL? Whatever. Feasted on poor teams and famished on good ones. I'm not a stat wh@@e but this team averaged 37 points per game in their 8 wins and 17 points per game in their 8 losses. Why the 20 point difference?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Moore needs to go as well. His advancement to the OC role was sheer folly. What had he ever done to deserve it. QB Coach to a mediocre (Dak) QB? #1 offense in the NFL? Whatever. Feasted on poor teams and famished on good ones. I'm not a stat wh@@e but this team averaged 37 points per game in their 8 wins and 17 points per game in their 8 losses. Why the 20 point difference?

I don't have an issue with keeping more because I think he did a very good job considering it was his first year. And certainly he was held back by the horrid Garrett.

But more importantly, MM will be calling the plays. So I think Moore can learn a lot from him and also inject some new ideas and help keep the plays current and up to date.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
I don't have an issue with keeping more because I think he did a very good job considering it was his first year. And certainly he was held back by the horrid Garrett.

But more importantly, MM will be calling the plays. So I think Moore can learn a lot from him and also inject some new ideas and help keep the plays current and up to date.

Held back by the "horrid" Garrett? More like promoted by the "Egotistical Moron" otherwise known as JJ. "New" ideas aren't always "better". Send him packing, clean the wound of all infection.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

moore had the number 1 offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Held back by the "horrid" Garrett? More like promoted by the "Egotistical Moron" otherwise known as JJ. "New" ideas aren't always "better". Send him packing, clean the wound of all infection.

Thanks to JJ for promoting Moore over letting the horrid Garrett call plays.

Moore's offense racked up the 5th most yards in NFL history. And considering it was the kids first year calling plays I was impressed. And like I said, no doubt he was held back by the horrid Garrett.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Thanks to JJ for promoting Moore over letting the horrid Garrett call plays.

Moore's offense racked up the 5th most yards in NFL history. And considering it was the kids first year calling plays I was impressed. And like I said, no doubt he was held back by the horrid Garrett.

SO WHAT! All that matters is Wins and Losses. As I pointed out earlier; 37 points per game against the Giants, Skins, Lions, Dolphins, Rams and x1 against the Eagles. 17 points per game in their losses. Yeah, magic offensive mind. :thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
SO WHAT! All that matters is Wins and Losses. As I pointed out earlier; 37 points per game against the Giants, Skins, Lions, Dolphins, Rams and x1 against the Eagles. 17 points per game in their losses. Yeah, magic offensive mind. :thumbup:

When your the OC, you are judged on the offense.

Natural to for an offense to play better overall against weaker defenses and worse against better ones. That's why they call it an average. Which was the #1 average in football.

27 points per game was good for 5th in the NFL. With little to no help from the defense and the worst special teams in the NFL.

Did I mention the horrid Garrett?

plasticman

Reaction score
What is more important is that the coaching staff were assembled by Mike McCarthy. Not Jerry Jones but by Mike McCarthy.

That is the start of a new era, folks.

Making it entirely unfair to compare McCarthy's eventual "accomplishments" to the record of Jason Garrett.

Understand, eventually McCarthy will walk on Jones. Any successful HC with a shred of pride has to.

renny

Reaction score
Realy? So te defense lost us the game against the Saints? The defense lost us this last game against the Eagles?

Of the 8 games we lost, how many did dak play well in. Dont tell me the packer game.... his stats looked great, but did you watch the first half?
Just put

How well did the defense play against GB, Jets, Buffalo, Philadephia (2nd game), Minnesota that's five but blame Prescott. You're right about one thing his stats shows #1 offense in NFL.